some weaver buffs - pvp

currently I think weaver is close to being a good pick. it has good damage, sustain, but it lacks group support; so the proposed changes are focused on support.

change sword water auto coefficient to 0.3 0.3 0.5 only for other allies, radius 360.aquatic stance (weaver heal) - change self stance heal to 0.5, other allies get 1.0, radius 450.stone resonance - change to 5 ally 450 aoe, reduce recharge to 30.invigorating strikes - the gm trait a 5 ally 240 aoe.would be nice if weaver could grant protection from a source other then arcanes elemental attunement, but I don't know how to do that without making weaver too stronk.

anyway just some thoughts. weaver is too selfish imo, seems like the intended design was for it to be a hybrid class, it feels close to being good just needs some numbers/ functionality changes.

edita water trait that doubles water blast effectiveness to other allies would be cool.sword 2 buff would be nice, reduce cd by 5 and increase range to 900.lightning flash cd to 30 ;)

@steki.1478 said:It is a hybrid spec, hybrid between power and condi damage. There's no need to have support on it, especially not aoe sustain since tempest already does that.

yeah, well... in case you haven't noticed, weaver doesn't really see a lot of play. its already good in the hybrid damage and sustain department so it doesn't make sense to buff those. unless you have some other ideas, functionality changes and whatnot? mobility buff would be nice.

I think weaver was designed to be more selfish. There is nothing wrong with it, not necessarily. Ele has Tempest for group support (which needs buffs too - or fb nerfs).

However, you are right about Weaver being not completely underpowered. It is kind of viable, just like it used to be since PoF dropped. That is also the problem though - we need small buffs to compete with other specs, but they never come. Frustration leads to overexaggerating.

The spec needs some little changes. Easier damage (or more) to punish people. Some different way for defense. Some aura love maybe, for more synergies. Now, looking at S/D: Which skill ist a must dodge apart from Churning Earth memes? Right. Basically none, even with a little more offensive amulets. Step out of Pyro Vortex, stun break Natural Frenzy, both of them having tiny radii...

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@steki.1478 said:It is a hybrid spec, hybrid between power and condi damage. There's no need to have support on it, especially not aoe sustain since tempest already does that.

yeah, well... in case you haven't noticed, weaver doesn't really see a lot of play. its already good in the hybrid damage and sustain department so it doesn't make sense to buff those. unless you have some other ideas, functionality changes and whatnot? mobility buff would be nice.

Weaver (and tempest) suffer from bad core ele mechanics. Elite specs themselves are pretty good actually. Literally every ele thread is full with these discussions, it's nothing new.

The only thing I'd buff on weaver would be barrier from dual skills and range/cast time on sword skills, but without buffing core traits/skills/class in general it's all pointless.

I see weaver as a cele spec. much like tempest was a cele spec. as well but with support in mind (all though tempest support only worked with water line) so weaver should never be an end all be all dmg class in balance but it should have other effects such as soft cc and a bit more condi dmg types.

Sadly ele core is the only pure dmg class all though the power creep of the elite spec. over all made it pointless.

Ask for core ele to be buffed not its elite spec. So earth line should have aoe barrier as well as real aoe stab support. Water line should have more build in aoe clears and aoe healing as well as water atument weapons skills not the "needed to eat up 2 trate lines and a wepon type just to clear / heal on part with other classes."

Dagger scepter and staff all need massive updates as well as earth line water line and even arcain line.

Buff base values across all skills and adjust the skills' co-efficient to this change, so that the players don't notice a chance in damage/healing if that's a concern. This would make the class less reliant on Healing Power to heal itself so it can invest in damage, and would make it deal better damage if it went for bunker.

Another thing that @Megametzler.5729 mentioned is the lack of punishment. When going versus an Ele, what is/are the skill(s) that you would always keep an eye on because it will burn your cooldowns as you recover or put you at a disadvantage... the answer is nothing, except the 2s Churning Earth, but no one should ever get hit by that in a 1v1, you can even walk out without burning a dodge... you can even finish the Ele player for using it. The lack of punishment with which the opponent faces no consequences.

One issue to mention would be the trait lines, Water provides nothing damage/control wise, Fire is a raids-only pick, Earth is [i dunno], Arcane is meh but we have nothing else... the exception would be Air but it needs few tweaks to be perfect. The class has lower base values than others because of the '20' skills it has present all the time, but when do you see and Ele using water or earth attunements when it wants to DPS -> never. The reason lies behind the trait lines as they only work in their respective element. I would love other classes to have the only 2 offensive trait lines focus on improving GS and Sword only, so they are forced to pick this line, though they won't use these weapons for whatever reason, that's how it feels for an Ele.

Some weapon skills need adjustments, whether casting time, a rework, speed, etc.

And last, I would love to see stuff like Unblockable, Stab, Resistance, Quickness or Alacrity. How things would've been if we had Arcane Power provide Ele only, 5 unblockable hits than what it is now, or how supportive the class would be if it can provide at least one of the strong boons.

These issues are mainly core and not e-spec related, though some fixes to the dual attacks mechanic and auras would be appreciated, but the tree remains solid as long as its roots are holding steady.

Fire Weaver feels so close to earn a spot in solid ATm team but it needs to beat SB...basicly the best 1vs1 class right now. Spellbraker has rampage that can one-shot you, ultra important In team fights boon removal, it can contest node, disangage from 1vs2.

Extra support is always nice but for side node build like fire Weaver it would be important in 2vs2 and nobody does that anymore. Everything now is about +1'ing.

I sugest more condi damage - enough to drop glyph of elemental power for lighting flash.

I think we need to see how things will play out. Patch after patch overall damage in meta is nefred and that's good for all ele build's.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:Fire Weaver feels so close to earn a spot in solid ATm team but it needs to beat SB...basicly the best 1vs1 class right now. Spellbraker has rampage that can one-shot you, ultra important In team fights boon removal, it can contest node, disangage from 1vs2.

Extra support is always nice but for side node build like fire Weaver it would be important in 2vs2 and nobody does that anymore. Everything now is about +1'ing.

I sugest more condi damage - enough to drop glyph of elemental power for lighting flash.

I think we need to see how things will play out. Patch after patch overall damage in meta is nefred and that's good for all ele build's.

I doubt we will see that build in any real mAT team soon. It is too easily countered.

For it to work, I totally agree, we need cover condis - desperately. At least one or two easy access cover conditions. Otherwise, as long as the whole condi situation is not looked at - some classes with huge cover condi output, powercrept cleanses -, it will remain subpar and too easily +1ed. I very very much doubt we will see it in proper mAT teams anytime soon.

However, the buffs I always suggested would help that build as well: Higher ranges especialy for dual attacks, some cover weakness, cripple or vulnerability mainly. Some CDs slightly reduced, make Focus a bunker option, Dagger an offensive mobility option. It would open not only the door for Fire condi builds but improve punishment options for all Sword builds, better identity of off-hand weapons...

When can Ele get some work, please, Anet? Who will get the next rework?

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:Fire Weaver feels so close to earn a spot in solid ATm team but it needs to beat SB...basicly the best 1vs1 class right now. Spellbraker has rampage that can one-shot you, ultra important In team fights boon removal, it can contest node, disangage from 1vs2.

I doubt we will see that build in any real mAT team soon. It is too easily countered.

For it to work, I totally agree, we need cover condis - desperately. At least one or two easy access cover conditions. Otherwise, as long as the whole condi situation is not looked at - some classes with huge cover condi output, powercrept cleanses -, it will remain subpar and too easily +1ed. I very very much doubt we will see it in proper mAT teams anytime soon.

However, the buffs I always suggested would help that build as well: Higher ranges especialy for dual attacks, some cover weakness, cripple or vulnerability mainly. Some CDs slightly reduced, make Focus a bunker option, Dagger an offensive mobility option. It would open not only the door for Fire condi builds but improve punishment options for all Sword builds, better identity of off-hand weapons...

When can Ele get some work, please, Anet? Who will get the next rework?

I'd be careful to ask for buffs at this point..or receiving any for that matter, mAT specs are under scrutiny expecting nerfs....wait and see, we don't need buffs now only to be nerfed twice later