Extra-Pungent treats--how many did you use?

I only used the free one to get rid of it (used on the Anomaly).This was the only part of the Skyscale that actually involved doing content in the game like metas, bosses and jps. I have no problem actually doing content for it.If only I could have used these to skip the parts that were lazily put in, like the currency grind.

Only the one I got for free with the unlock of the collection. Luckily because I was one day behind everyone who did the first collection on day one I could look up the locations of the jumping puzzles/dungeons from a reddit thread and from "that shaman" before unlocking it and place a character on every end so I only had to log in to the character and quickly get it (just as I do after daily reset with the jumping pzzles for the next day by looking them up on the timer site to place one of my mesmers at the end). The one treat I used was for the golem world boss as I didn't want to wait for hours for the event and instead getting the collection done as fast as possible so i could attend to private matters again.

I used two. The free one to do the Coddler's Cove JP (right before a mesmer turned up, sigh) and crafted one to do the sand portal at the bottom of Crystal Oasis. On both I had tried to finish them myself, and gave up after multiple attempts on each, when I kept failing at the same spot.

@Gop.8713 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:The first in jahai by accident cuase i just thought you had to use it always. I would have used it on the metrica jumping puzzle since I hate that one with a passion.

I almost crafted all twenty before I even started bc this was the way I thought it worked too. But when I couldn't find the recipe on my chef I asked why in guild and lucky for me they explained how it worked before I crafted any. So I got through it all without using any and sold the one that you get in inv. I generally try to avoid skipping the actual playing part of the game if possible :p

Pffft. When I discovered that only a story-complete Chef can craft them, I cranked my sole story-complete character from Chef 78 to 305 and crafted all 20 on purpose to save myself the faff of all the JPs.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:When I discovered that only a story-complete Chef can craft them,Actually...

• Any character can purchase the 4g ingredient, as long as the collection has been unlocked.
  • Gorrik gives a single recipe, which can be used by any character, regardless of story completion.
  • Once learned, any other character can discover the recipe in the anvil-tab of the Cooking station.

The only wonky part of it is that the recipe has to be re-discovered, which makes the Gorrik-given item misleading. (Normally, consumed recipes unlock the details for the account; in this case, it acts as if the character discovered it.)

The only thing I forgot to test is whether the recipe can be discovered before any other character has used Gorrik's consumable, although it doesn't really matter, since the collection unlocks along with Gorrik providing a recipe consumable. Accounts that haven't unlocked the collection can't buy the 4g ingredient, so it's moot for them.

edit: rephrased

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:When I discovered that only a story-complete Chef can craft them,That's inaccurate.
  • Any character can purchase the 4g ingredient, as long as the collection has been unlocked.
  • Gorrik gives a single recipe, which can be used by
    any
    character, regardless of story completion.
  • Once learned,
    any
    other character can
    discover
    the recipe in the anvil-tab of the Cooking station.

The only wonky part of it is that the recipe has to be re-discovered, which makes the Gorrik-given item misleading. (Normally, consumed recipes unlock the details for the account; in this case, it acts as if the character discovered it.)

Huh. That's ... weird. OK. Thanks.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:When I discovered that only a story-complete Chef can craft them,That's inaccurate.
  • Gorrik gives a single recipe, which can be used by
    any
    character, regardless of story completion.
  • Once learned,
    any
    other character can
    discover
    the recipe in the anvil-tab of the Cooking station.

Huh. That's ... weird. OK. Thanks.

Definitely weird, yeah.Throws everyone for a loop, unless one happens to have read about it first. (And even then.)

Just the one free one to skip a world boss so I didn’t have to do the waiting. The other boss’ timing worked out for me, and after all the years of frustration and practice, I’m now very good at JPs, so those were fun. And the branded anomaly was a lot of fun too! So glad I didn’t skip it because I had one of those awesome experiences you happen across every now and then that’s just such a unique memory: I and just one other player fought it for about 15 minutes getting it down to 75% before a handful more people showed up! It was a really neat experience, and I also now have the achievement for killing it, which you obviously won’t get skipping it

@"MrPhantasia.5924" said:

What do you mean "how many?" i made 21 of them and did the collection and it consumed them all.

Yeah, there was someone else who didn't realize they were optional. The treats were so you could skip over doing the boss or JP by calling the skyscale to you--if you could find the skyscale on your own, you didn't need a treat.

Zero, and happily sold my free one. I tipped a couple of mesmers and a couple of kind souls who let me TTF to them, and I also played waypoint for a few folks to TTF to me in other areas where I was able to get there first on my own. I used my World Boss Portal Device to make sure I didn't miss the Shadow Behemoth and the Golem Mark II. We got a squad together for the Anomaly, and someone found an unbugged map, and we migrated over and killed it dead. It's been lovely seeing the creative ways people have been working together on a solo achievement.

@Cyninja.2954 said:I do like the implementation of this a LOT. I know some people do not enjoy JP's (while others like myself do) and to factor in for that is a great way of showing: the developers do care to provide alternatives. Way to little credit given imo.

Completely agree.

I'm still feeding mine, but I mean 80g...I've spent more on a single weapon skin. I intend to try them all, and just use them as soon as it gets annoying or I can't find a group / portal.