Update to Attribute-Selectable gear is coming. Thoughts?

@MachineManXX.9746 said:Core only gamers should only have access to core game stats. That's how expansions work. If you want the benefits of the expansion, you must, you know, buy the expansion.

Agreed. What'd be the incentive to buying the expansions, aside from content and elite specs, if one could simply have access to all the attribute combinations that came with said expansions. Honestly, others have asked for elite specs in sPvP without buying expansions, so the same argument applies. No, I prefer they lock away that content behind the expansions. I bought HoT and PoF with that in mind.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will take me a while to re-select all my stats. 3 accounts, with in total 68 characters

half of those in fractal ascendeds (those chests that you have to select stats for :p )all of them in ascended weapons (part crarted, majority from drops)all of them in ls3/ls4 jewelry (those that had you have to select stats for)

yup, this will take me a while

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

@Jski.6180 said:The organization update is nice but the expansion locking of combos is realty bad for the game. Core gamers should not be worst off then expansion players and over all the game needs to be better balance in this way and its only worst if you lock the combos with expansion. On a side note you still can get the expansion combos with out the expansion but only in gear and wepon and some buy-able trinkets all costing gold. The update only makes it harder to get for the core gamers.

Core only gamers should only have access to core game stats. That's how expansions work. If you want the benefits of the expansion, you must, you know, buy the expansion.

But they do have access to expansion combos though the tp they just have to pay a lot more for it or just miss bits of the combo though trinkes. With this update they are just going to have a bit harder time to get the combos and may not be able to get a full set. Should we do the same with rune and sigil?

Over all this dose not seem to be comply though out.

They already don't have access to certain sigils/runes from HoT and PoF since they are account bound and must be purchased from the respective NPCs in those content areas. Also, yes. They should do the same. Again, more incentive to buy the expansions, outside of the content they provide.

@Jski.6180 said:The organization update is nice but the expansion locking of combos is realty bad for the game. Core gamers should not be worst off then expansion players and over all the game needs to be better balance in this way and its only worst if you lock the combos with expansion. On a side note you still can get the expansion combos with out the expansion but only in gear and wepon and some buy-able trinkets all costing gold. The update only makes it harder to get for the core gamers.

That would only matter in competitive modes, where a level playing field is pretty much required. For everything PvE, it just shades of Optimal. With Especs being tied to the Xpacs anyway, Core players only have Core Specs..... and the builds you can make from Core don't optimize well on Viper's, Harrier, or Minstrel (the only stats other then Berserkers that see substantial use in PvE builds). Even if we ignore that, its still entirely possible (and not overly difficult) to create viable stat combos from core stats for use in hybrid builds, off builds, or non-optimal approximates.

Next consideration is the content a Core only player has access to. The ONLY content where this even remotely matters is Fractals. No expansions means no access to Raids, so that cuts out the highest demand for an optimal build. And even among fractals, theres still a great deal of wiggle room due to the game mode's lesser need for a support comp.

So really the ONLY Core build that gets hurt by not having access to expansion stats are Core DPS Condi..... in short.... One particular Engineer.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

That would only matter in competitive modes, where a level playing field is pretty much required. For everything PvE, it just shades of Optimal. With Especs being tied to the Xpacs anyway, Core players only have Core Specs..... and the builds you can make from Core don't optimize well on Viper's, Harrier, or Minstrel (the only stats other then Berserkers that see substantial use in PvE builds). Even if we ignore that, its still entirely possible (and not overly difficult) to create viable stat combos from core stats for use in hybrid builds, off builds, or non-optimal approximates.

Next consideration is the content a Core only player has access to. The ONLY content where this even remotely matters is Fractals. No expansions means no access to Raids, so that cuts out the highest demand for an optimal build. And even among fractals, theres still a great deal of wiggle room due to the game mode's lesser need for a support comp.

So really the ONLY Core build that gets hurt by not having access to expansion stats are Core DPS Condi..... in short.... One particular Engineer.

Exactly! If this is a concern for someone, buy the expansions already and support the game!!! You already get a lot from the core game for FREE. The expansions go on sale often enough anyway and give you extra spec options, gliding/mounts and new content — no reason not to buy them if you enjoy the game! :)

Wouldn't it be better to grant each character an stats-resetter-item (in the fashion of let's say a birthday present), so players can decide themselves, if they want to reset their entire gear? This would account for players that have a lot of characters and taking notes in preparation of the update would be unnecessary? The stat selectable items in the bank should be resetted automatically as described in the announcement.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

But in pve you just need to stack one effect like the old zerk and now the new healing builds the level of lack of complexity is no means a way of saying things are ok or not ok with core only combos. And agen the core game player still have access to the new combos but its just a lot harder to get then other ppl.

@Jski.6180 said:

But in pve you just need to stack one effect like the old zerk and now the new healing builds the level of lack of complexity is no means a way of saying things are ok or not ok with core only combos. And agen the core game player still have access to the new combos but its just a lot harder to get then other ppl.

Or, you all can get jobs or ask mommy and daddy to get you HoT / PoF for your birthday/Christmas (or cultural equalivalent).

Xpacs are not a new concept. Be glad they let you have all of core as F2P. In my mind they never should have because it leads to things like this. F2P already got it chraper than those of us that got core when it cost money.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

Or, you all can get jobs or ask mommy and daddy to get you HoT / PoF for your birthday/Christmas (or cultural equalivalent).

Xpacs are not a new concept. Be glad they let you have all of core as F2P. In my mind they never should have because it leads to things like this. F2P already got it chraper than those of us that got core when it cost money.

Your missing the point comply this is about selecting the combo not having a combo. You can STILL get the expansion combos with out having the expansion you just cant use select-able gear to get it.

@"DrSuess.6301" said:A bit off-topic...What armor is that character wearing in the top picture (the woman with the stars on her face)? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-to-attribute-selectable-gear/Because it looks awesome and I can't find it on the wiki...

I think it's medium Mistforged Glorious Hero's armour; certainly one of the medium Glorious armour sets (they're fairly similar).

@Amethyst Rose.4367 said:So what if I use Shaman stats on Healers gear on my heal scourge... with Shaman being removed from Healers gear after the reset will I no longer be able to choose Shaman on my gear?

This is just an example, but there are plenty of other stats being removed from specific types. It says that is an exception to the all stats available... so does that mean I would need to replace my Healers gear on my heal scourge to get the Shaman stats again? If so that is ridiculous.

So my fears have come true... My healers gear reset and I can no longer pick shaman on some of my heal scourge armor... and my malicious items with marshal stats got reset and I can no longer pick that. I put in a support ticket days ago about what to do about this now useless gear.... but no response as of yet.