I feel like WvW is crazy unbalanced

Yoci.2481

Hello all,

as mesmer I feel like the small scale fight balance in WvW is bad. There are certain professions or builds I have almost no chance. Mostly warriors, engineers and rangers. To me it feels like they have more damage, more sustain and more mobility than I do. No matter what I try they seem immune to it while they can just walk up to me and two hit me. Unfortunately 3 out of 4 people I meet in WvW are playing one of those professions, and those who dont run together with someone who does. I feel really useless. It used to be different some time ago. I play power mesmer, I have tried many different builds. Mirage, Chrono, with chaos, without chaos, all kinds of sigils and runes. Some things work a bit better, some are worse, but even the best I tried feels like a second class profession compared to warrior, engineer or ranger.

@Yoci.2481 said:Hello all,

as mesmer I feel like the small scale fight balance in WvW is bad. There are certain professions or builds I have almost no chance. Mostly warriors, engineers and rangers. To me it feels like they have more damage, more sustain and more mobility than I do.Thats true for pvp as well. Everything you want try to do. Everyone will do better at any role you will try to fill

@Yoci.2481 said:Hello all,

as mesmer I feel like the small scale fight balance in WvW is bad. There are certain professions or builds I have almost no chance. Mostly warriors, engineers and rangers. To me it feels like they have more damage, more sustain and more mobility than I do. No matter what I try they seem immune to it while they can just walk up to me and two hit me. Unfortunately 3 out of 4 people I meet in WvW are playing one of those professions, and those who dont run together with someone who does. I feel really useless. It used to be different some time ago. I play power mesmer, I have tried many different builds. Mirage, Chrono, with chaos, without chaos, all kinds of sigils and runes. Some things work a bit better, some are worse, but even the best I tried feels like a second class profession compared to warrior, engineer or ranger.

I believe i explained that to you Yoci in game =pThere are more classes that you can't do much to as well if played right :)

@Yoci.2481 said:Yes you did but it is so frustrating especially if everyone and their dog plays those classes.

That's why they play those classes. Rangers not great zerg class but every third person u see is a slb in wvw, almost as prevalent as fb and scourges these days. At least in my server. U see a few of those gimmick crazy fast power burst chrono and few thieves but now it's all holo,war and slb roaming. I've been seeing more ele's around though so that's also different.

power mesmer (mirage) has nice spike dmg but isn't really a good for prolonged fights, in this case slb, sb and holo all do better.

condi mirage is still very overpowered, it can't really die in a 1v1, handles 1vx quite well and can escape out of combat most of the time. For solo roaming, condi mirage is in my opinion 100% the best class.

for small groups, condi mirage starts to fall because most of the damage is single target and not very bursty anymore. Most other classes do better here, not to forget that any firebrand or scrapper will nullify your output completely. In this case power mirage is a lot better as well.

Stunlock power mirage can work when you go full cheese (double energy sigil + 40% endurance food). It's capable of multiple hit and run attempts until you have worn your target down. But it's a high skill ceiling build. Condi mirage is still a lot more forgiving - even after its nerfs. I did even fight a pretty strong core condi mesmer a few days ago. Trailblazer makes you unkillable on mesmer as long as you do not overextend, no matter whether you go for core, chrono or mirage.

LB soulbeast in open field is an almost unwinnable matchup for most classes. Just ignore them in open field. Most of them are dumb enough to follow you to confined spaces. Then just dodge maul (the big yellow bear animation), bait stone signet (3s of power invulnerability) and oneshot them.

@"Yoci.2481" said:Hello all,

Non-Meta Power Core Mesmer roaming & duels ?

@"Yoci.2481" said:Hello all,

(pc-ask for build)

The Power of Twins - Gw2 Mirage Roaming by ღ Latura ღ

(this build is an altered version of the posted video)https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Shatter_Mirage

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, forget Mes power builds. They are so weak compared to other class specs. They've nerfed almost every aspect of it. I love playing power in sPvP, but in the end I had to ditch them because they just aren't competitive damage wise, it's actually really frustrating as it doesn't do anything too well. It's the only spec that is balanced, but that is the problem it is the only spec that is balanced, so it usually gets destroyed by every overtuned class spec, and there are many.

I agree.It feels like if you run glass cannon, you can only kill other glass cannon builds.If you run conditions, you might be able to surprise and overwhelm someone with insufficient condition removal.But if they run bunker, OR if You run bunker, you're unlikely to win a duel..

But as somebody mentioned to me once, complain less, offer ideas more:

1. I think stuns and dazes should last longer baseline from Mesmer skills. Specifically Magic bullet should apply all the conditions/stun to the first target, conditions w/o stun to the next, less conditions to the third, etc. Tides of time should stun for extra long if they get hit by the returning wave.

2. I think we need an ability like GW1's "Blackout." I am thinking this could replace Diversion possibly in the form of a Major grandmaster trait? My idea is that you shatter all your illusions to hard stun both the mesmer and the target and temporarily remove all active effects from both players (boons, buffs, condis, reset adrenaline, strip initiative, everything purged except for the stun itself- It would be a major thrill to watch!)

3. Give Domination tree a Grandmaster that makes Confusion scale from POWER and Condition damage. (you didn't have to spec illusions in GW1 to use Backfire - think about it!)

4. Infinite Horizon should be baseline for Mirage. Use some skill from GW1 earth prayers to devise some interesting grandmaster's. Maybe apply adjacent foes some confusion when mirage cloak ends. (remember above confusion scales with power suggestion too!)

5. Deceptive evasion is great for spawning clones. However so many builds rely on it for sufficient clone generation. I think some places could be tweaked to lower the reliance on DE, for instance chronophantasma should spawn clones both times the phantasms are destroyed. Greatsword4 should spawn 4 clones over its duration when traited with Imagined Burden. Let the poor chronos have easier access to clones. Now that phantasms don't persist anymore, I don't see why not.

@"Rakath.4579" said:I agree.It feels like if you run glass cannon, you can only kill other glass cannon builds.If you run conditions, you might be able to surprise and overwhelm someone with insufficient condition removal.But if they run bunker, OR if You run bunker, you're unlikely to win a duel..

But as somebody mentioned to me once, complain less, offer ideas more:

1. I think stuns and dazes should last longer baseline from Mesmer skills. Specifically Magic bullet should apply all the conditions/stun to the first target, conditions w/o stun to the next, less conditions to the third, etc. Tides of time should stun for extra long if they get hit by the returning wave.

2. I think we need an ability like GW1's "Blackout." I am thinking this could replace Diversion possibly in the form of a Major grandmaster trait? My idea is that you shatter all your illusions to hard stun both the mesmer and the target and temporarily remove all active effects from both players (boons, buffs, condis, reset adrenaline, strip initiative, everything purged except for the stun itself- It would be a major thrill to watch!)

3. Give Domination tree a Grandmaster that makes Confusion scale from POWER and Condition damage. (you didn't have to spec illusions in GW1 to use Backfire - think about it!)

4. Infinite Horizon should be baseline for Mirage. Use some skill from GW1 earth prayers to devise some interesting grandmaster's. Maybe apply adjacent foes some confusion when mirage cloak ends. (remember above confusion scales with power suggestion too!)

5. Deceptive evasion is great for spawning clones. However so many builds rely on it for sufficient clone generation. I think some places could be tweaked to lower the reliance on DE, for instance chronophantasma should spawn clones both times the phantasms are destroyed. Greatsword4 should spawn 4 clones over its duration when traited with Imagined Burden. Let the poor chronos have easier access to clones. Now that phantasms don't persist anymore, I don't see why not.About your suggestions:

6. They are kinda long enough, they are even boosted offhand sword daze/pistol 5 which is was unnecessary.

7. n/c but someone alrdy suggested to remove F2/f3 and replace it with GW1 themed abilities in another thread, was it @Xstein.2187 ?

8. It doest help to be honestly, power mesmer access to confusion is limited, as itself its very very short and hardly making any difference, even more, you are forced to take same traits for domination,pretty much no choice.

9. Was told by players a long time ago

10. It would create even more clutter, tho, unnerfing IR definitely wouldnt hurt

@praqtos.9035
Um, I don't believe I am the person you are thinking of. Although I have suggested both replacing the F skills in another specialization and making gw2 mesmer closer to gw1 in type, I think everyone and their moms have as well. These types of discussions have popped up multiple times by multiple different people.

I know it will likely never happen, but at this time I would just like to see mesmer get another niche in WvW that isn't currently present.

For example, one of the things I detest the most about WvW is how everyone crowds together so much that individual skill doesn't seem to matter as much.I would love mesmer skills (and even on another class if need be) that focus on breaking apart groups, such as the return of clone death traits or even skills that give the enemy flux bombs (for those who play PvE). I would love more gw1 like skills/styles as well.

However, unfortunately it seems like the dedicated WvW community tends to be very conservative.