Descent - Heart to Heart bug

Playing through the Descent mission and get to the Heart to Heart section. I've got the Torment down to about 40% (after having been off and killed the minions) but now he's stuck. He has his head on a crystal and won't move/attack, nor can he be targeted. The minions keep spawning and I tried killing them for about 15 minutes but no joy so I had to log and can't progress. :( Anyone else had this?

@"Androx.8572" said:I get frozen at the very beginning where one has to "blast through" , , supposedly Aurene has to spawn there and help opening the passage to continue but it don't..I’m stuck here as well, I’ve brought 3 different characters to this part now and none of them can get past the wall.

Why did we bug lol.

@sparklybeast.4956 said:Playing through the Descent mission and get to the Heart to Heart section. I've got the Torment down to about 40% (after having been off and killed the minions) but now he's stuck. He has his head on a crystal and won't move/attack, nor can he be targeted. The minions keep spawning and I tried killing them for about 15 minutes but no joy so I had to log and can't progress. :( Anyone else had this?

Thanks for posting this. I'm experiencing the exact same thing, at ~40% (can't tell for sure because there's no % indicator unless the Torment can be targetted). Meanwhile, Aurene is busy as hell with her flying headbutts trying to crack Kralk. Near the heart there's a safe spot to sit (where I am now) which stops the spawns occurring. Still, this instance has all the hallmarks of being glitched to hell. I can't progress and I'll have to restart it and see if it makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem start after the dialogue says to strike the final blow. The progress task goes to 'sever the ties of magic' or some such and as you approach each crystal pile, the crystals explode and you have to fight baddies. The problem seems to be that Aurene keeps retreating back to this platform instead of going up the ramp. There is a Green Star at the top of the structure and Aurene is just fascinated with this bobble. If I try to run up the ramp to destroy the other crystals which MAY be the 'sever the ties' bit, Aurene will pull me back down out of the lighting storm.

Now June 2nd and I'm running into the same issue as the comments before. I must say this has been a great story line, even made me tear up at some parts, but getting so close to the end of this story and becoming stuck is a huge bummer. Is this a bug or a fancy trick we're overlooking? Please help us out arenanet!

• 2 months later...

@Dselver.6093 said:The problem start after the dialogue says to strike the final blow. The progress task goes to 'sever the ties of magic' or some such and as you approach each crystal pile, the crystals explode and you have to fight baddies. The problem seems to be that Aurene keeps retreating back to this platform instead of going up the ramp. There is a Green Star at the top of the structure and Aurene is just fascinated with this bobble. If I try to run up the ramp to destroy the other crystals which MAY be the 'sever the ties' bit, Aurene will pull me back down out of the lighting storm.

Same issue. Been standing at 'sever ties of magic' for an hour now. All crystal piles cleared....just stuck here. Tried jumping off to die and reset, Aurene will follow and revive, then transported back to same location. Read wiki, watched videos in the hour I've been here. Can't see a way out of this.....Probably won't bother for awhile. So tired of doing bugged missions solo, same story over and over. Better to leave for awhile and maybe they'll fix it like the last one I gave up. Came on today and got this far. Why always the end of the last missions that bug......It would be great if Anet would fix this long standing issue in a way that players can take up where they left off when restarting.

• 4 weeks later...

@Mirmanzie.9235 said:I am having problems at the end of Descent. Guild Wars GM's could you fix the bug where we all can play? I know there is one glitch in program's script, maybe you forgot to correct before saving it.

I am having this same problem. I have played and replayed this episode. I have fought and refought infinite mobs. I have gotten Kralk's torment down to near the end, yet there it stops. He cannot be targeted and you just keep getting the same mobs spawning over and over. I tried purposely dying to get it to send me back for a retry. That took a while since Aurene keeps rez'ing me. I finally logged to get out of the instance, in hopes it would shake loose whatever bug was stopping the progression to the end of this story. I've been doing this for at least the past couple of hours. We now have Bound By Blood, yet we can't finish this portion of LW4?! Help, please.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@"Halane.1658" said:Still no fix? Because I just stumbled upon the same issue. Tried only twice tho, I'll try this again tonight.

Well, for the record, I was just being stupid and did not stand in the correct spot to do the "final blow". So this did work out for me. Sorry to bother xD

• 4 months later...

@Halane.1658 said:

@Halane.1658 said:Still no fix? Because I just stumbled upon the same issue. Tried only twice tho, I'll try this again tonight.

Well, for the record, I was just being stupid and did not stand in the correct spot to do the "final blow". So this did work out for me. Sorry to bother xD

where is the final blow correct spot ?i stumbled upon the same issue.1998419_20200512014405.JPG

already tried 4x.window mode, full window mode, fullscreen mode.not work out for me

• 5 months later...

So this still happens as it just happened to me.

My issue was that after doing the 2nd crystal and coming back, Aurene would not start the process for the 3rd part of the fight. You cannot die here, it is impossible. I tried many ways and many times. I finally tried to log out and to my surprise it let me. So I went back to character select and tried it again and this time, the 3rd phase triggered and I was able to complete.

This is still very maddening and frustrating that this bug is still happening after so long!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This mission is.... I have no words. Each step in this misson for me takes like 15min to load.

I am even writting this thread waiting on next step...

This must be the stranges, clueless mission I have seen next to Migrane which bugged for me 20+ times (still dont have tittle) 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am having this at some odd % left still in 2022 April. After a while I just left the game running in the background letting Aurene ress me and so forth, while I was doing laundry. With these super-long fights it is really not fun to have to do them again, not knowin whether it will work or not, so does anyone have a hint as to whether something can be done by myself to get past this?

Addendum:

After having done the laundry, I gave it another go. It succeeded, took 30 minutes.

- I completely disregarded any mechanics, just held the "+" button down all the time. When I died Aurene ressed me or I continued from a checkpoint and ran back to the boss.

- I gave it a lot of time for aurene to tell me to wreck the crystals after each storm (that's it perhaps?)

I now realise that previously the Kralkatorrik was stuck with the beak in the ground so I could not get onto the third strom phase. This is what made me think I was too quick to destroy those crystals before Aurene has told me to.

Hope this helps someone.

• 6 months later...