Instrument's octave switch delay

Is time to fix this bug Anet. I noticed that you are putting chairs on top of the airship on the new map. Useless sit chairs that nobody will even use them, instead of wasting resources and time on those kinds of useless code, dedicate your time to fix the instruments.

@Hitman.5829 said:Is time to fix this bug Anet. I noticed that you are putting chairs on top of the airship on the new map. Useless sit chairs that nobody will even use them, instead of wasting resources and time on those kinds of useless code, dedicate your time to fix the instruments.

Yes that bug with the instruments is takes a long time and yes it it annoying but I think that is is not hard to put chairs on top of a airship, it is not even the same team doing it.

Is this not fixed yet? I assumed with all the instruments available in the gem store (just bought the bass last night) that there wasn’t any problem. :(

EDIT: It seems to switch okay, but I’m just playing around and don’t recall how it worked before last fall. The flute sounds especially nice to me. :)

On another note, might I get an invite to the Musician’s Guild of Tyria? I’d like to learn and play with others if it’s possible!

@VDAC.2137 said:Is this not fixed yet? I assumed with all the instruments available in the gem store (just bought the bass last night) that there wasn’t any problem. :(

EDIT: It seems to switch okay, but I’m just playing around and don’t recall how it worked before last fall. The flute sounds especially nice to me. :)

On another note, might I get an invite to the Musician’s Guild of Tyria? I’d like to learn and play with others if it’s possible!

The Problem is not while playing around, the problem is that if you use macros to play the macros seem to be too fast for the octave switch

@Raseus.2543 said:

@VDAC.2137 said:Is this not fixed yet? I assumed with all the instruments available in the gem store (just bought the bass last night) that there wasn’t any problem. :(

The Problem is not while playing around, the problem is that if you use macros to play the macros seem to be too fast for the octave switch

Thank you for clarifying that!

@Raseus.2543 said:The Problem is not while playing around, the problem is that if you use macros to play the macros seem to be too fast for the octave switch

Even without Macro, with the Ping issue lately that I mentionned in my own thread, just by quickly playing by hand (52)6 will result into (52)[6] which will totally going to skip the middle octave and go straight to the lower one. Which is basically at least to my notice is a 180° in the total opposite way as it used to be... so I really have a hard time thinking they change thing volunteerly but the issues changed a bit, but the root of the issue is the same.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The music community built around the in-game instruments brings a unique dimension to the gameplay in GW2. I see people whose main enjoyment come from adapting and playing songs in game and their music often bring a lot of enjoyment to the players around them. As a harp enthusiast who likes to challenge hand playing songs originally written for macros, I want to throw in my 2c to say that the octave switching issue has neutered the enjoyment of a lot of players, affecting more than just players who use macros. Please support the music community that has grown around these instruments- any update as to the progress towards a resolution would be reassuring and greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...