The visibility, random spawning, and duration of healing orbs makes them very impractical.

Daniel Handler.4816

The orb spam we generate with Healer's Gift, staff AA, and Generous Abundance cannot compete with Guardian/Scrapper/Tempest precise heals.

At this point if Generous Abundance was removed and replaced with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Selfless_Daring it would do more for healing outside of Ventari than orbs.

If we have to keep orbs I would hope the random spawning is addressed first. Orbs appearing in terrible locations leads to a lot of whiffed healing opportunities that majors support contenders do not have.

Please @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 The changes to staff and increases in defensive traits are very helpful. But the reliance on orbs is literally making our healing get left behind.

yepp, would be great if they spawn faster and more visible ... would be nice if they look like them from the tablet elite blown oneI dont know, thought i read they were new but they look like the olds and not more shiny ....have to wait years for them after a dodge roll and my ppl in grp NEVER see them

@"Daniel Handler.4816" said:The orb spam we generate with Healer's Gift, staff AA, and Generous Abundance cannot compete with Guardian/Scrapper/Tempest precise heals.

At this point if Generous Abundance was removed and replaced with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Selfless_Daring it would do more for healing outside of Ventari than orbs.

If we have to keep orbs I would hope the random spawning is addressed first. Orbs appearing in terrible locations leads to a lot of whiffed healing opportunities that majors support contenders do not have.

Please @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 The changes to staff and increases in defensive traits are very helpful. But the reliance on orbs is literally making our healing get left behind.

We’re not really reliant on orbs, though. We still have nearly all of the healing we had previously with some of it getting moved around a little bit to make room for the healing orbs, but most of it was left untouched. We still have Soulcleave, Breakrazor, Natural Harmony, all of the reworked staff skills, and all of Herald.

To say that our “healing is getting left behind because of the healing orbs” is a gross mischaracterization of how healer rev is actually doing

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@"Daniel Handler.4816" said:The orb spam we generate with Healer's Gift, staff AA, and Generous Abundance cannot compete with Guardian/Scrapper/Tempest precise heals.

At this point if Generous Abundance was removed and replaced with
it would do more for healing outside of Ventari than orbs.

Please @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" The changes to staff and increases in defensive traits are very helpful. But the reliance on orbs is literally making our healing get left behind.

We’re not really reliant on orbs, though. We still have nearly all of the healing we had previously with some of it getting moved around a little bit to make room for the healing orbs, but most of it was left untouched. We still have Soulcleave, Breakrazor, Natural Harmony, all of the reworked staff skills, and all of Herald.

To say that our “healing is getting left behind because of the healing orbs” is a gross mischaracterization of how healer rev is actually doing

If you won't listen to me, listen to the development team.

"Revenant healing is heavily focused in Legendary Centaur stance and suffers greatly when the need to swap legends presents itself. We're leaning into the unique healing-orb mechanic of the staff's weapon-slot 1 sequence and spreading it around to other skills and traits."

Whatever your opinion of "Soulcleave, Breakrazor, Natural Harmony, all of the reworked staff skills, and all of Herald," we suffered greatly before orbs. And though I appreciate the staff changes, we need orbs to function properly, or something more adequate to replace them.

• 4 weeks later...

This just makes me miss the days of getting 14k healing from Ventari. It required ascended armor and a few specific traits, like being over half health and over half energy, but the healing was insane. Now my build feels like a knock off from what it used to be. I'll never forget healing braindead Ele's in Draconis Mons who sat in the damage zones on the dragon bosses. They went from 1-100 in one healing skill from me and then just stood there spamming 1 with their staff until they eventually were at critical health again. Good times...

Healing orbs should have never happened. If they are going to stay, they need to at least make them more practical.

Healer's Gift: Create a healing orb at the end of your dodge roll. Healing orbs you create will travel to the lowest health ally when in range. (Radius: 240).

Yep, the salvation update was pretty much a joke. Taking the traitline in the direction of the orbs from staff AA was a mistake imo. Selfish builds gained a better choice for grandmaster traits, but nothing really changed for support builds aside from the loss of Nourishing Roots' (NR) regeneration.

I think if the devs wanted salvation to have better healing capabilities outside of Centaur Stance they should've just introduced a minor or grandmaster trait that functions similarly to ele's Soothing Mist or necro's Vampiric Presence. Could simply be gain health when you attack/are struck, or something like regen x health. They could just make NR baseline, apply regeneration to self and allies (with a greater than normal effect mabey) in a large radius around the player & tablet. Or make it a unique buff, not regen. It's not an original idea, but neither are most traits across all classes.

If the orbs stay (Sigh) they just have to copy the fragments from Energy Expulsion (Which i unironically like, they feel impactful at >1400 health/orb with ~900 Healing Power. Heal effectiveness not included.), Better visual, better duration, better scaling. Perhaps allow them to be triggered and heal multiple targets in a radius that isn't in hugging distance. Or like i've seen on multiple threads, enable them to be drawn to self/allies.

This whole "we're reliant on orbs" makes no sense though, nothing of importance changed in your full support build aside from losing NR's regen application if you weren't already using Tranquil Balance. You can still do easy >12k heal bursts. Healing rev is still >90% reliant on Centaur Stance itself. (Or soulcleave in pve)

The only thing i lament currently is that they nerfed tablet movement to account for orbs...

Ventari's Will: Reduced base healing by approximately 25%. Reduced healing-power scaling by 18%.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Healing orbs should have never happened. If they are going to stay, they need to at least make them more practical.

Healer's Gift: Create a healing orb at the end of your dodge roll. Healing orbs you create will travel to the lowest health ally when in range. (Radius: 240).

Instead of going through the effort of making them move they might as well make them generate under allies feet if they are within a 600 radius. I say this because if they moved the next complaint would be "they move too slow I can out run them, my allies dodge them".

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Healing orbs should have never happened. If they are going to stay, they need to at least make them more practical.

Healer's Gift:
Create a healing orb at the end of your dodge roll.
Healing orbs you create will travel to the lowest health ally when in range. (Radius: 240).

Instead of going through the effort of making them move they might as well make them generate under allies feet if they are within a 600 radius. I say this because if they moved the next complaint would be "they move too slow I can out run them, my allies dodge them".

Yeah who knows, if they made them move you might be able to outrun them like you can shield 4 lmao.

Tablet could do a shower effect on orbs even when moving, players could gain a button to pull orbs, ventari need some slightly increase on aoe, and needs to be more noteceable, gw2 has aligned visual clutter, it’s hard to see the orbs of not impossible.