Does rampage need a nerf?

Engal.6359

My opinion is yes. Rampage atm is way overtuned. It decreases build diversity and carries players who dont have a clue but can spam rampage cc and dmg while everything melts. Personally, I suggest lowering either the toughness or vitality while in rampage. Not saying it would be a perfect solution but it's time this got toned down a little. The current synergy with strength war is too much. Nerf this before anet decides to nerf the whole class because of this skill.

Edit: this was supposed to be a poll lol.

I play spellbreaker in plat 1/2. With some balance to other classes, tuning down rampage would be fine. BUT if nothing changes, when Anet finally gets around to "balancing" spellbreaker, they will nerf it into the ground instead of just fixing the problem.

@Telwyn.1630 said:Please no nerf's I like to be able to win matches without my class being nerf please.

Something is eventually going to be done to balance this. The only question is what will be done. If we find a way to balance SPB anet may listen and not just nerf it into the ground.

@"Engal.6359" said:I play spellbreaker in plat 1/2. With some balance to other classes, tuning down rampage would be fine. BUT if nothing changes, when Anet finally gets around to "balancing" spellbreaker, they will nerf it into the ground instead of just fixing the problem.

with some balance to other classes you said, unless other classes nerfed, you nerf rampage, all warrior build will drop 1 tier lol

@Lighter.5631 said:with some balance to other classes you said, unless other classes nerfed, you nerf rampage, all warrior build will drop 1 tier lol

ATM spellbreaker is the only duelist that can 1v1 scrapper. If they toned down scrapper spellbreaker wouldn't need to be busted AF to kill it.

@Engal.6359 said:

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:

This game needs shorter CD elites.

I hope you're kidding. Short CD elites are a terrible for balance and also defeat the purpose of an elite skill.

Right now we have underperforming Elite skills with huge cooldowns (some exceptions like Rampage may apply).

I don't mind long cooldown for an Elite skill but can it really be "Elite"? Right now, they almost feel like racial skills.

Like for instance, the Signet of Rage on Warrior... An Elite skill that gives a bit of adrenaline over time and when activated, gain 3 boons. Ok...The other is a skill that revive allies. Other professions can have this as utility skills, also, huge cooldown.Headbutt utilities are fine, cooldown is fine. Doesn't feel "Elite" but very useful anyway.What's next now, Winds of Dosenchantment? 90 seconds cooldown for a 5 seconds channeling a yellow bubble that should be great on paper but not in practice. Also, you can't attack while using it. It does feels "Elite" in some way but it's really useless, so...

Elite skills overhaul/rework is objectively needed.

@"Edge.8724" said:What's next now, Winds of Dosenchantment? 90 seconds cooldown for a 5 seconds channeling a yellow bubble that should be great on paper but not in practice. Also, you can't attack while using it. It does feels "Elite" in some way but it's really useless, so...

To be fair, Winds of Disenchantment is so OP that the 90s cd is actually justified. This single skill defines entire zergs in WvW.

Warbanner CD being so high is just stupid though. It's just a 5man res with common boons.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:

@"Edge.8724" said:What's next now, Winds of Dosenchantment? 90 seconds cooldown for a 5 seconds channeling a yellow bubble that should be great on paper but not in practice. Also, you can't attack while using it. It does feels "Elite" in some way but it's really useless, so...

To be fair, Winds of Disenchantment is so OP that the 90s cd is actually justified. This single skill defines entire zergs in WvW.

Warbanner CD being so high is just stupid though. It's just a 5man res with common boons.

His point is that the CDs on the other skills are not justified with how weak they are.

I agree that Rage Signet needs a BIG buff. One Adrenaline every 3 seconds is meh. It should grant an additional strike of adrenaline per hit. Using it should grant Superspeed (10s), quickness (10s), and grant +20% damage (10s). or something like that rather than 3 vanilla buffs that aren't otherwise hard for a warrior to attain with our other skills.

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

Using it should grant Superspeed (10s), quickness (10s), and grant +20% damage (10s). or something like that rather than 3 vanilla buffs that aren't otherwise hard for a warrior to attain with our other skills.

Do you work for Anet? Because that sounds like Anet "balance" ?. Not everything needs to be OP. Just fix what's broken instead of breaking everything else.

Maybe signet needs a buff but that's wayyyyy to much. The point isn't to make the other warrior elites as broken as rampage, just to tune down rampage and make it reasonable.

@Engal.6359 said:

Using it should grant Superspeed (10s), quickness (10s), and grant +20% damage (10s). or something like that rather than 3 vanilla buffs that aren't otherwise hard for a warrior to attain with our other skills.

Do you work for Anet? Because that sounds like Anet "balance" ?. Not everything needs to be OP. Just fix what's broken instead of breaking everything else.

Maybe signet needs a buff but that's wayyyyy to much. The point isn't to make the other warrior elites as broken as rampage, just to tune down rampage and make it reasonable.

Well 1 Adrenaline every 3 seconds is too weak even for a passive. Five seconds on the buffs may be too short for an elite, hence the 10s, but were really just a suggestion. Swiftness, Fury, and Might for 25 seconds is kind of meh when a warrior gets plenty of each elsewhere.

@Engal.6359 said:

Holy shit, thank you. It's literally like when people keep complaining about x/y/z spec being too strong and then say "you should buff berk [or whatever else] to x/y/z level". That's some kind of backwards logic, blows my mind every single time.

• Confused 1

I think Rage signet should activate all the signet effects at once (toned down where needed of course).Banner needs lower cooldown.Winds not sure its godlike for WvW squads but crap for PVP and PVE.Rampage needs cd nerf but not much 125 base since it rounds up nicely to 100 with the talent, the magic rock needs better animation since its too small to see large boulder would be good, CC duration should be reduced too but that should be for all professions (mesmererer chain lock shatter cc,holo oneshot cc chain, scourge 50 years of fear under 20 conditions and so on) and a longer cast time in line with chilled to the bone to 1 1/4 so its easier to interrupt or better more pronounced entering Rampage animation. Also like everything in the game, quickness breaks it since the time to dodge is reduced by half, so entering rampage removes quickness from you but you can still be buffed afterwards by other people. Also slow condition does not affect you in rampage.And all these nerfs are only viable if every other profession gets the axe too.

Personally I'd rather Signet of Rage not be named Signet of Rage and instead be like Signet of War or something, since Warrior (core) is not about rage really. That's Berserker's stick.

Instead make Signet of Rage grant adrenaline passively (but checks for all On Hit/Crit traits you have and fakes them so you have a chance of getting more), and the Active would be Weapon Swap, Reduce the Cooldowns of the New Weapon by 50% of their base cd.

This makes Signet of War the Warrior Burst focused and technical elite, contrasted with Headbutt/Rampage's going ham style, and the Bubble's Play Making ability.

And maybe you won't need fast hands as much and actually take Arms. LOL

I don't think Rampage needs a nerf, sPvP has a problem with it and that seems to be about it and the only reason why is the same reason why Holosmith and other classes with large AoE radius are "problems" in it, the tiny capture points. It makes balancing sPvP, Conquest, difficult based on class designs and also makes it extremely unhealthy. In WvW its essentially a non-issue elite; predictable and easily kited.

I don't know whether it need a nerf or not but it's an elite transformation and I find elite transformation to be too cluncky and gimmicky to be healthy for the game. Anyway, those transformations end up being either OP or totally useless, It would be better for all of those to be reworked into a more common form of skill.

you can nerf his elite when you buff his speed.running , running, running -> evade, evade, evade , bloc block , 0 , 0 ,0 ,0 , 0 knockback, evade evade evade , argh..orrunng in slow motion, - 2500 - 2500 - 2500 -3000 - 3000 - 3000 - 3000 - 3000 , evade, evade, teleport, evade ... argh

warrior is NOT strong now !