Leveled up to 160 but it still says 159 .

I've been level 159 for what seems an eternity. I'm sure I leveled up weeks ago to 160 but thought that maybe I actually didn't. So yesterday I noticed my yellow line was near its end and I thought great..finally! .. Today I've logged in and the yellow line is back at the start and but it still says 159.. Am i stuck on this forever?

The yellow number next to your name is not your level, it's your mastery level. It's not based on filling your XP bar by itself, it's based on spending mastery points. You can level 1000 times and that number won't change if you're not actually spending mastery points. So the question is do you have mastery points to spend and what masteries have you not unlocked yet. Masteries is the lowest tab on the hero panel.

Ohhhh I seeeeee.. duh! I'm a idiot.. :-/I have about 40 masteries unspent so when I do use them it would then be 199.. got it... Thank You!You'd never believe I've been playing this for years! ... So I guess that the yellow exp line that goes up is just decoration now then.

@Mulldoonz.2057 said:Ohhhh I seeeeee.. duh! I'm a idiot.. :-/I have about 40 masteries unspent so when I do use them it would then be 199.. got it... Thank You!You'd never believe I've been playing this for years! ... So I guess that the yellow exp line that goes up is just decoration now then.

If you have filled all your masteries for core and/or expansions when you max the exp bar on a level 80 you get a spirit shard. Example if you have all core masteries completed when you play in core maps each time you fill the bar you get a spirit shard on level 80 characters. Then the bar goes back to the start and it repeats in this fashion. The same for HoT masteries when you play in HoT maps as well as PoF masteries when you play in PoF maps.

Haha I know right?! .. I just had it in my head that the number down the bottom was my level number. Even though I knew that standard leveling ended at 80. If you'd of asked me what my mastery number was I would of just given you a blank stare haha.. sad but true 'sigh' ...... ;)

@Vayne.8563 said:The number changes from white to gold when you stop leveling and start leveling masteries. Technically no matter what that number says, if it's gold, you're level 80.

It's worth noting that on an account which doesn't have the expansions, the number remains white and 80 indefinitely since you can't start levelling masteries.