Share your meme builds

Zexanima.7851

The builds don't have to be good. They don't even have to be effective. They just have to be either fun to play or highly annoying. Give a brief summary too so we know how/where its suppose to be used.

I'll start:Build: Condi mob theifUsage: WvW build to annoy people. Using a trap grants stealth and gaining stealth blinds enemies.

1. Spawn theifs
  2. Apply conditions Abuse the kitten out of the stupid amount of blinds.
  3. Stealth and wait for CD's/ini
  4. Repeat
  5. Use steal to refresh Thieves Guild/Ambush faster

Blinds:

• Shadow Shot
  • Black Powder
  • Blinding Powder
  • Cloak and Dagger
  • Hide in Shadows
  • Tripwire
  • Ambush

How do you create a link like that? Can't seem to figure that one out.

Static Ram Engihttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUICNeh1UBmXBkfhlJD674L/5jjo9nVsZFIAA-j1BCABRq+DAXAg60BQlyvxUCq0+DD/AAIFwoS2A-w

Should be fairly self explanatory by looking at it. Extremely CC heavy and extremely bursty. Same idea as a Fresh Air Ele but with more CC's and less defense. Toolbelt Battering Ram pretty frequently hits 10k+, same for the utility version. Combine toolbelt Battering Ram with Surprise Shot and it's quite easy to do around 15k. There are about 7 options for CC total, assuming Elixir X is also used.

Haven't had a whole lot of success with this for obvious reasons. It's a meme build and heavily reliant on taking people by surprise. Still quite fun and easy to obliterate people with if they're not careful.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:How do you create a link like that? Can't seem to figure that one out.

Static Ram Engihttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUICNeh1UBmXBkfhlJD674L/5jjo9nVsZFIAA-j1BCABRq+DAXAg60BQlyvxUCq0+DD/AAIFwoS2A-w

Should be fairly self explanatory by looking at it. Extremely CC heavy and extremely bursty. Same idea as a Fresh Air Ele but with more CC's and less defense. Toolbelt Battering Ram pretty frequently hits 10k+, same for the utility version. Combine toolbelt Battering Ram with Surprise Shot and it's quite easy to do around 15k. There are about 7 options for CC total, assuming Elixir X is also used.

Haven't had a whole lot of success with this for obvious reasons. It's a meme build and heavily reliant on taking people by surprise. Still quite fun and easy to obliterate people with if they're not careful.

I love it! This reminds me of a warrior build I made completely centered around as much cc and sustain as possible. Wouldn't kill a damn thing but the hell if they get to move.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:How do you create a link like that? Can't seem to figure that one out.

The forum works with HTML, so to create a link that displays a caption instead of the entire address, you have to writeGW2

If you are interested in more formatting options, I have made a thread about it ages ago: Writing on the new forums

A couple of months ago I started doing WvW, because I want to get a legendary armor. I am currently running with 3 full ascended sets and was thinking about getting another one or even two. So I decided to go for the big armor. However I am a PvE enthusiast. I hate raiding and competitive. While ANet was so thoughtful to give sPvP and WvW separate ways to acquire a legendary armor, PvE only has raiding as option. And in WvW you can even decide between fancy and cheap, that is technically 3 options for competitive and one for PvE. After I did the Warclaw I realized that WvW is the only alternative that works for me. So I joined WvW and got butchered from pretty much everyone and everything. With a PvE build, I think that is normal. So I modified it step by step. The result looks like the best reason to nerf the Scrapper. I optimized to my needs, to get optimal results.

WvW Build Scrapper

With this build you can take out an outmaxed T3 camp, without any help. I usually just pull a train of all the guards, activate Bulwark and Shredder Gyro and unleash Thunderclap, Electrowhirl, Rocket Leap and start with autoattacks. Shock Shield if needed, once I am at around 40 % HP I activate A. E. D., after I got healed up I wait until I am down at 60 %, activate Blast Gyro. Once the knockback kicks in, I activate Bypass Coating for Superspeed (= Rapid Regeneration). When the mobs are back at me, Spare Capacitor to stun them. I mostly swap the Sneak Gyro with the Supply Crate and unleash it at first, to increase my survivability. When I raid the top camp in Alpine, I have to split up into two trains.

Running away from anyone if I am not mounted: Thunderclap behind me, Superspeed, Spare Capacitor and if needed the Sneak Gyro.

Attacking people: Sneak Gyro to get close, Elector Whirl + Shredder Gyro to outmax my DPS. Rocket Charge & Thunderclap if the target tries to run away. If it is a Ranger, Detection Pulse to reveal it. Defense Field if Stability is needed or I get marked with Malice/1-Shot-Combo of the Soulbeast.

When fighting Thieves, I often replace the Blast Gyro for the Utility Goggles which grants me yet another reveal. The build is mostly an anti-stealth build. Catching them is still annoying, but possible.

The build is also capable of attacking a small group of people, focusing on the one with the weakest sustain (= Ranger), eliminating it and sometimes getting away with it. A.E.D. is pretty much a 2nd HP bar if you know how to use it correctly. In combination with the Bulwark-Gyro & Shock-Shield you can survive for a few seconds, even if the entire party attacks you. Bypass Coating + Sneak-Gyro to run away (as any other stealth class).

I usually follow squads, but do not join them, because it is still a PvE build. I do not want to mess with their standards. But when there is a large fight going on, I just charge into the blob, activating Bulwark, building up Stability with the Defense Field, Superspeed, Shock Shield and activate the Shredder Gyro. In most cases I tag tons of enemies, die shortly after, waypoint and watch the exp & loot rain down on me. Sometimes I revive on the battlefield, hide in the shadows and repeat after all skills are recovered.

Not so long ago, I was running the Inventions instead of Tools. This was pretty funny to take down siege of enemies. Pretty much works the same as with fighting zergs, but thanks to Automated Medical Response, you have 2x A. E. D., which means 3 HP bars XD. Taking this abomination down is really annoying. I remember one situation where the attackers were so desperate in the end, that they paved the entire area around the siege with traps and necromancer symbols within a radius of ~ 700.

The build is pretty selfish and quite annoying to fight. The DPS is too low to be a real threat for any players who are not on full zerk. I still lose most of my fights, but I am getting better ... slowly. I am still not a huge fan of WvW, but at least I see some progress.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

The forum works with HTML, so to create a link that displays a caption instead of the entire address, you have to write

If you are interested in more formatting options, I have made a thread about it ages ago:

Good guide! I'll just add that it also works by using brackets/square brackets, arguably more user-friendly way to do it :p

[GW2](www.guildwars2.com) GW2

~~cross~~ cross*italics* italics**bold** bold

Sadly no meme builds here unless you count unload spamming p/p DE that got nerfed :grin:

• Confused 1

Running a tanky Dire Condi Weaver (Fire/Earth, with Stone Heart) popping Signet of Fire on mounted people are always fun :) Watching them burn off of that cat. Sw/F makes the build even more annoying with all evades, CCs, proj. denial, Obsidian Flesh, no crit when in Earth main and so on. May not be the most effective build but you’ll surely annoy a lot of people.

• 3 weeks later...

Condi Staff EleYou wouldn't believe how many time i have downed people with this, even more deadly during "no downed state" week. Ofcourse this doesn't work against build with lot of condi cleanse, Glint Rev, Defiant stance and my build doesn't have much condi cleanse either but i made this mainly to fight from afar so didn't worry much about condi.....until i got sniped that is but that is what toughness/vitality are for.

CC Staff EleMainly to stun/knockback zerg, using Lightning Rod as my main dmg source, if i feel brave i pop Tornado then charge into zerg

• 1 month later...

(Charr) Heal/Boon Reaperhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQFAWlk0gqbYTbwnGweDLGDW8OMImEn6BJtXQ0PLAstA-jxRSQBL6CA0RlfAY/hn9AASoOARqEciq/QKA/GsB-e-Used in Raids as 2nd healer-maintains almost full fury, about 15 might, full regen as well as 60% Swiftness for the sub and about 50% quickness on self-on non-charr reapers or if there's a chrono with pack runes in the sub, Battle Roar is replaced with Spectral Ring for protection or Plague Signet for pulling condis from allies at condi-heavy bosses-heals with Well of Blood, Mark of Blood(regen), Soul Spiral (Transfusion, heals about 10k total) and Lesser Well of Blood (triggered if you start ressing someone)-provides them necro-resses for heavy carry-Lots of CC from Reaper skills, Flesh Golem and Reaper's MarkHere's what it looks like in real raid situations:

Core Burst Condi Revenant.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklNFJdznSsfLvuNwhGA-jViHQBEU5HAOBAL7QAQP1fIn+ANqEMAHBA0s/gAeAAAA-w

How to play:

• Start Shiro and Swords out.
  • acquire Target
  • Apply Enchanted Daggers
  • Phase Traversal the fool
  • Legend Swap in their face to trigger Spirit Boon and Song of the Mist
  • weapon sigils also trigger
  • finish with Sword 2 and Sword 5 and gtfo

Total amount of Condi inflicted in 1 second:

• Chill from Hydromancy(Torment)
  • Bleed from Geomancy
  • 2Torment from gaining Resistance (Spirit Boon + Manical)
  • Chill from Sword 5 (Torment)
  • 2 Torment from Song of the Mist.
  • 3 Torment from Sword 2
  • Poison (Venom Enhancement)If enemy has no cleanse or is running away it will be an death sentence.

Power damage is decent too.

Devastation is to get some Might on using Legend skills and Power damage on swords.

Haven't made a page on gw2skill or whatever so here goes:

Thicc Scourge

Specs: blood, soul reaping, scourgeHP: 39kGear stats: mostly shaman's, with some diresPurpose: just tag mobs and gag out shades as much as possible. Also has a lot of boon remove and corrupts, while also providing allies by giving barriers, boons and stun break.

Semi-useful, if not thicc enough, have a flatbread, or omnom bread thing.

Also dress as skimpy as possible bc she thicc.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Static Ram Engi

Should be fairly self explanatory by looking at it.
Extremely
CC heavy and extremely bursty. Same idea as a Fresh Air Ele but with more CC's and less defense. Toolbelt Battering Ram pretty frequently hits 10k+, same for the utility version. Combine toolbelt Battering Ram with Surprise Shot and it's quite easy to do around 15k. There are about 7 options for CC total, assuming Elixir X is also used.

I love it! This reminds me of a warrior build I made completely centered around as much cc and sustain as possible. Wouldn't kill a kitten thing but the hell if they get to move.

I used to run a full CC Warrior in sPvP agws ago. Mace/shield + Hammer, with shouts heal. Very hard to kill, and could easily lock a couple of people down into a protracted fight. When not bunkering I would plus one and knock the other team over while the heavy hitters did their job. However I wonder if it would do well anymore? When I played it we didn't even have the modern incarnation of ranked PvP.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Static Ram Engi

Extremely
CC heavy and extremely bursty. Same idea as a Fresh Air Ele but with more CC's and less defense. Toolbelt Battering Ram pretty frequently hits 10k+, same for the utility version. Combine toolbelt Battering Ram with Surprise Shot and it's quite easy to do around 15k. There are about 7 options for CC total, assuming Elixir X is also used.

I love it! This reminds me of a warrior build I made completely centered around as much cc and sustain as possible. Wouldn't kill a kitten thing but the hell if they get to move.

I used to run a full CC Warrior in sPvP agws ago. Mace/shield + Hammer, with shouts heal. Very hard to kill, and could easily lock a couple of people down into a protracted fight. When not bunkering I would plus one and knock the other team over while the heavy hitters did their job. However I wonder if it would do well anymore? When I played it we didn't even have the modern incarnation of ranked PvP.

I actually did something similar when I was working on my Champion Legionnaire title pre-HoT. It was very effective at lockdowns with the amount of CC's it had, but because I had to sacrifice some defensive utility as well, it was very punishable if I didn't time my CC's properly.

I think with the buffs to things like Bull's Charge, offhand mace, hammer and other traits, it might still be a usable build, albeit gimmicky ( obviously, given the subject of the thread ). Still, getting CC chained by a Warrior when hammer is now capable of doing a lot of damage, I think it could be pretty fun.

Something like this maybehttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAS5ZjMdQZH21BudApIGCCMtMk9yC4M4HU9sDQJMAA-jpBTABZWGQ2HAg3HBgrPIAgfBAAY/BAI'm sure there are much better choices for traits, utility, etc. but strictly going for a meme build, I think this would be good. A lot of Weakness from CC's, more damage to low health, stunned or Weakened players, faster movement speed from Speed runes, Quickness on weapon swap and when striking a low health foe to make landing hammer bursts easier and a nasty ranged CC from offhand mace that now lasts for 3 seconds.

Heal/Boon Deadeyegw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAsanMJCdPhlPBOGDUGjFmCjfSuJDlcNpAwAwLG8CmAA-jxhXQB25BAgQlfAY/hQdCA8n6PNUJI90DQKA/mZB-e-Keeps up full might and fury for 10 and swiftness+vigor for 5-Spams Infiltrator's Strike+Infiltrator's Return to heal about 1,5-1,8k per shadowstep (going to target is 1 shadowstep and returning to original position is 1 shadowstep) and also heals thru Skelk Venom, Merciful Ambush by stealthing ppls, Shadow Refuge and weapon-swapping with Sigil of Renewal.-Strips boons on Mark-Mostly limited to healing peoples around the target

Power Staff Minion Master Reaper-Summons all minions-Spams Haunt, Putrid Mark, Soul Spiral and....auto-attack. Win!-Easiest way to get kicked out of raids.-Still out-dps's some people if you really master your minions.Rotation video:

Obviously Kittymarks has restarted benchmarking operations for new memes.

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Power Staff Minion Master Reaper-Summons all minions-Spams Haunt, Putrid Mark, Soul Spiral and....auto-attack. Win!-Easiest way to get kicked out of raids.-Still out-dps's some people if you really master your minions.Rotation video:

Obviously Kittymarks has restarted benchmarking operations for new memes.

You can even have all minions attacking while not having them equipped xD

• 1 month later...

I've recently been playing Staff/Staff Mirage, using Rabid gear (Condi Damage, Toughness, Precision) and Superior Rune of the Undead. I use double staff with sigil of energy and malice. The goal is to summon a clone, spam jaunt to summon more clones and then spam dodge to give my clones a mirage cloak.

It's not the greatest build damagewise, and is frustrating against trash, but it's really tanky and maintains a respectable might/fury/vigor uptime - so it's great for groups that lack support when you don't feel like being that support.

Runes of the golemancer. Engineer. Full top line in inventions. Goal: keep the golem alive long enough to kill someone for you. When I see him run off into a zerg, my heart will go on plays. Anything else is just supplemental. Success rate is only measured in the fun you have.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Static Ram Engi

Extremely

Still kind of works, but with hot and pof came toooons of low cd stunbreaks and stab into the game, which are also part of the powercreep, and made weapons like hammer feel so much more obsolete than before.

And since hammer is so slow its easy to dodge, did i mention that powercreep also brought more dodges and active defenses to the game?Its just not as satisfying as it used to be. Rarely you rly can talk about chaining your cc with hammer