How powerful is retaliation?

HawkXtream.1538

@HawkXtream.1538 said:I feel like it does not deal much damage by stacking retaliation to yourself. It is even trivia in PvE, I am not sure what is the point of this boon in pve. But the damage can quickly scale up in pvp in teamfight when everyone has the boon.

It does about 400 damage when enemies hit you, that cannot critic. The damage it does is not much of a factor. In PvP it does even less damage; about 50% of that.

The only time it’s damage really shine is against enemies that deal damage through a chain of multiple hits.

It doesn't deal much damage, but it does it for every attack you get.So it can sum to a good chunk of enemies health in the end. Just think of a Thief spamming pistol or dagger.He would die quickly if you add that on top of your damage onto him..

• 2 weeks later...

Its damage isn't that impressive. Its just that most classes perform pulsing/ticking attacks so when you press one skill you hit multiple times and you get hit back multiple times by retaliation in turn.

In honesty its actually a form of anti-spammer skill. Or at least that's how I always saw it