What is your Open World Build? Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is your Open World Build? Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage

tim.4596tim.4596 Member ✭✭✭

Hello,

I was looking at Metabattle in the open world section, and I find out that while there was a few open world build available, they all seem very straight forward assassin/berserker stats for power and viper for condi. So I thought it'd be interesting to make a post on the forum and ask what's everyone mesmer/chrono/mirrage build in open world. :) And discuss thoughts etc...

Comments

  • Blood Red Arachnid.2493Blood Red Arachnid.2493 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Most of what I play is just the modified snowcrows builds. For fun I'll play condi mirage:

    Full Viper gear.
    X6 nightmare runs.
    Axe/torch + Pistol. Sigil of Malice/Energy on both.

    Dueling: Duelists Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, Ineptitude
    Illusions: The Prestige, Maim the Disillusioned, Phantasmal Force
    Mirage: Self Deception, Mirrored Axes, Infinite Horizon

    Utilities: False Oasis, Crystal Sands, Signet of Domination, Signet of Midnight, Jaunt.

    Though the meta build may change now that shatters have been nerfed. For Fractals and most open world content, I use my Diviner Chrono

    Full Diviner gear
    x6 Scholar Runes
    Sword/Shield + Sword. Sigil of Concentration/Force on both

    Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Fencer's Finesse, Superiority Complex
    Illusions: Persistence of Memory, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal Force
    Chronomancer: Delayed Reactions, Improved Alacrity, Chronophantasma

    Utilities: Signet of the Ether, Signet of Inspiration, Well of Action, Well of Recall, Gravity Well

    The thing about the meta is that it is made for raid groups and zergs. The only reason to take inspiration is to make the signet hit 10 targets, Since I'm usually solo or in a small group, I just take illusions for more power and quickness.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • tim.4596tim.4596 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019

    Since I created the post I'll go second (edited). Here is my open world build.

    -Edit: Gameplay video added 29/06/2019

    This is a shatter build, so SPAM! shatter !!! maybe keep your F3 if you need to CC.

    gw2 build editor link

    I play illusion/chaos/chronomancer with Sword/Sword + Staff or Greatsword

    -The Chaos traitline gives you access to high sustainability + all the boons in the game. Thanks to "Bountiful Disilusionment"
    -Illusion traitline allows you to spam phantasm to get quickness, it also gives you access to "Shatter Storm" to be able to stack 25 might very quickly.
    -Chronomancer traitline gives your phatasm superspeed when you shatter and allows for double phantasm spam + daze which is very useful for breakbar + descent damage.

    As shown by Build Editor; Chaos traitline gives you access to almost all the boons in the game,
    with Chaos
    without Chaos (domination or duelling instead)
    While playing without chaos may seem okay I can assure you that playing without protection can sometimes make you take high damage depending on your gear, the passive regeneration while not much still helps slightly for soloing Elite mobs.

    Weaponwise
    1. Sword/Sword is your go to weapon, as you want to self get 25 might with this build, and sword 5 phantasm gives 8 might.
    2. As 2nd set weapon, I generally go with either Staff or Greatsword. While staff gives more defensive stats and greatsword more damage + aoe damage the difference is really in your game style. Unless you are soloing dungeons I'd say it doesn't matter much which weapon you are running.

    Armorwise/Runewise
    I generally run my boon setup around 40-60% boon duration
    -6/6 Diviner armor with 6/6 Rune of the pack or 6/6 Leadership (I tend to dislike scholar runes since it's open world and you might often find yourself under 90% hp, but if you're just attacking trash mobs it's a good option too)
    -fill with berserker/assassin trinkets/weapons Assassin is preferred in open world content, since you don't have access to Spotter (Druid), Banner of Discipline (Warrior), however Berserker is fine since I'm guessing you might use Berserker stats for other game type modes.

    Sigilwise
    It really depends on your gamestyle
    -Concentration (for more boon duration)
    -Force for extra damage
    -Impact for extra damage
    -Bloodlust (to stack up 250 power)

    Utilitywise
    here are my preferred utilities

    -Signet of the Ether to refresh the cooldown of phatasm and therefore generate more Quickness.
    -Signet of Inspiration I like it because I can extend boons enough, to upkeep perma boons in between fighting two mobs + it's a nice utility skill in case some other players are nearby, you can extend boons on themselves. However it's not really necessary so feel free to replace it with something else.
    -Blink, I find blink extremely practical, since you can often blink up bridges etc... very good for map completion. However, it's more for fun than anything else, since mount can pretty much get you anywhere faster. A better skill to replace it with would be feedback. Once you start using feedback you realise you can reflect so many skills, and can survive much longer against a lot of mobs.
    -- Alternatives --
    -Feedback, reflect
    -Well of Precognition, aegis/stability + stun break. Very Extremely useful at Chakk Gerent, especially for nuhoch lane or while fighting mushroom in general or any mobs that would knock you down. Chaos spec gives you stability while shattering so you wouldn't need it, but it's still extremely useful due to its stunbreak.
    -Mantra of Pain, good damage
    -Phantasmal Defender, for more quickness, it's also a good source of damage.

    Utility skills are to be "situational" and are less important than your weapon skills in most cases so everything goes really.

    Underwaterwise
    I mean.....
    like.....
    NO !!!!!!! (maybe later)

    So this is my build, there are a lot of alternatives to the play style, and having played chrono a lot I feel like it is an extremely situational class. I mostly play this build in open world as it is pretty layback, having access to almost all the boons in the game is really good. I'm also publishing it here, because I've seen that a lot of builds that I read in the past about mesmer privilege Berserker/Assassin stats with Scholar Runes, while it will give you the highest damage output, I think it's a mistake, since those other are way less layback, and you really do gain a lot from boon duration on chrono. And you can always drop boon duration for more assassin/berserker pieces. 0% boon duration is quite hard to upkeep boons, (by that i mean in long fights you'll drop quickness most likely, and alacrity you'll have extremely low upkeep), 20-30% is however descent.

    Note: You can also play this build as core mesmer. If you're uncomfortable / dislike using Continum split core mesmer might actually be better. Replace Chronomancer with Domination (if you use Greatsword most of the time) or Duelling (if you use x/Focus, or if you're mostly sword/sword) or Inspiration (if you need condi cleanse/some slight healing)

  • tim.4596tim.4596 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2, 2019

    @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:
    Most of what I play is just the modified snowcrows builds. For fun I'll play condi mirage:

    Full Viper gear.
    X6 nightmare runs.
    Axe/torch + Pistol. Sigil of Malice/Energy on both.

    Dueling: Duelists Discipline, Blinding Dissipation, Ineptitude
    Illusions: The Prestige, Maim the Disillusioned, Phantasmal Force
    Mirage: Self Deception, Mirrored Axes, Infinite Horizon

    Utilities: False Oasis, Crystal Sands, Signet of Domination, Signet of Midnight, Jaunt.

    Though the meta build may change now that shatters have been nerfed. For Fractals and most open world content, I use my Diviner Chrono

    Full Diviner gear
    x6 Scholar Runes
    Sword/Shield + Sword. Sigil of Concentration/Force on both

    I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one running Boon chrono in Open World :) However, I don't think that shield is really necessary, I much prefer either Greatsword, Focus or Staff.

    Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Fencer's Finesse, Superiority Complex
    Illusions: Persistence of Memory, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal Force
    Chronomancer: Delayed Reactions, Improved Alacrity, Chronophantasma

    Utilities: Signet of the Ether, Signet of Inspiration, Well of Action, Well of Recall, Gravity Well

    I'm not sure about keeping wells, 25s recharge cooldown feels like a very long time. I however use Wells in meta events (Chak Gerent, VN Night bosses), as I'd rather prioritise group dps than my personal dps.

    The thing about the meta is that it is made for raid groups and zergs. The only reason to take inspiration is to make the signet hit 10 targets, Since I'm usually solo or in a small group, I just take illusions for more power and quickness.

    Yeah, I'd say illusion is almost undroppable in Open World / Solo content. Phantasmal Haste (Quickness) and Phantasmal Strength (Might and increased damage) are just too strong. While it's easy to solo upkeep 25 might with Chaos/Duelling, it's almost impossible (if not impossible) with Insp/Duelling or Domination/Duelling. You absolutely need "Phantasmal Strength" from Illusion.

  • Blood Red Arachnid.2493Blood Red Arachnid.2493 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Well, if I must explain my choices, to be honest I run boon chrono in open world because I don't want to be hassled with switching between DPS and booner. I still have my full berserker set. But, I don't want to move around 12 individual pieces of gear every time somebody comes strolling along. So, I just run the buff set with the buff utilities.

    It's not as bad as you'd think. Yes, shield + wells doesn't do as much damage against a single target as phantasm spam does. But, the wells are still decent AoE damage. All of the alacrity they give melts away the cooldowns. If I'm alone, I'll run phantasmal disenchanter instead of the signet, or feedback, or some other utility as needed. The shield is pretty good from the CC side as well as the buff side, and since this build runs no defenses otherwise, the block also comes in handy.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Snow Crow's Raid condi mirage gets the job done for most open world stuff. You can solo 90% of what you'll ever need to fight with this and it's fun. For soloing bounties and similarly powerful bosses I'll stat swap this.

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2019

    +1 boon chrono

    I tried full diviner chrono with runes of pack, Illusion/Domi meme build
    It was just for fun, I wanted the accessories for my renegade; but in final it is really amazing and strong, I have even better DPS than my zerk/assassin gear (in open world, alone) I don't quit diviner anymore. Perma quickness, perma alacrity, perma fury, perma 25 mights without even trying; perma lol.
    Runes of pack works really good with the 2 fantasmal Berserker to open fight; the 2 phantasms will give you back the boons + quickness with illusion spec, it ensure perma fury + the 125 precision which is appreciated with diviner gear
    Of course if you want to optimize etc, 99.99% BD is useless, but it's fun.

  • Me Games Ma.8426Me Games Ma.8426 Member ✭✭✭

    I actually run several builds in open world depending on what I feel like playing and thanks to arcdpa' build templates it's easy to switch them.

    In many cases I'll run a Danger Time+Lost Time Chrono with Sw/Sw & Sc/Sh.
    Dueling 131- Illusions 121 - Chrono 211
    Gear is Assassins/Berserker mix with rune of the Scholar. (This is actually just a slightly modified meta dps chrono)
    Skills are Signet of the Ether, Disenchanter, Mirror Imagea, Mantra of Distraction, Gravity Well

    Sometimes I run Power Mirage on Split Surge using Gs & Sw/Fo. Full Berserker with Runes of Stength.
    Domination 221- Dueling 131 - Mirage 111
    Skills are Signet of the Ether, Disenchanter, Blink, Mantra of Pain, Jaunt.

    And lately because I thout is is fun I'm running a core mesmer using Sw/Sw & Gs.
    Domination 221 - Dueling 131 - Illusions 121
    Skills are Signet of thr Ether, Disenchanter, Mirror Images, Mantra of Pain, Time Warp.
    Also Berserker/Assassin mix.

  • tim.4596tim.4596 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2019

    @Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:
    +1 boon chrono

    I tried full diviner chrono with runes of pack, Illusion/Domi meme build
    It was just for fun, I wanted the accessories for my renegade; but in final it is really amazing and strong, I have even better DPS than my zerk/assassin gear (in open world, alone) I don't quit diviner anymore. Perma quickness, perma alacrity, perma fury, perma 25 mights without even trying; perma lol.
    Runes of pack works really good with the 2 fantasmal Berserker to open fight; the 2 phantasms will give you back the boons + quickness with illusion spec, it ensure perma fury + the 125 precision which is appreciated with diviner gear
    Of course if you want to optimize etc, 99.99% BD is useless, but it's fun.

    Yes, I find where it really shines is it's ability to upkeep boons, while pulling the next mob or pack of mobs. So you're actually always under perma boons. Compared to Assassin/Berserker Chrono, which has to restack boons after each fights. So on Boss fights it's less powerful, but if you're solo open world. It's so strong haha

    @Me Games Ma.8426 said:
    I actually run several builds in open world depending on what I feel like playing and thanks to arcdpa' build templates it's easy to switch them.

    In many cases I'll run a Danger Time+Lost Time Chrono with Sw/Sw & Sc/Sh.
    Dueling 131- Illusions 121 - Chrono 211
    Gear is Assassins/Berserker mix with rune of the Scholar. (This is actually just a slightly modified meta dps chrono)
    Skills are Signet of the Ether, Disenchanter, Mirror Imagea, Mantra of Distraction, Gravity Well

    Sometimes I run Power Mirage on Split Surge using Gs & Sw/Fo. Full Berserker with Runes of Stength.
    Domination 221- Dueling 131 - Mirage 111
    Skills are Signet of the Ether, Disenchanter, Blink, Mantra of Pain, Jaunt.

    And lately because I thout is is fun I'm running a core mesmer using Sw/Sw & Gs.
    Domination 221 - Dueling 131 - Illusions 121
    Skills are Signet of thr Ether, Disenchanter, Mirror Images, Mantra of Pain, Time Warp.
    Also Berserker/Assassin mix.

    I like your first build. It's good synergy to run Lost Time + Danger Time, I'm guessing since it's hard to upkeep Alacrity as DPS chrono, Improved Alacrity is pretty useless I guess.

  • XXX.3456XXX.3456 Member

    Does anyone have fun mirage power build for open world?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.