Weeklong Bonus Event: Meta-Event Rush!

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey all,The World Boss Rush was a fantastic success. The reception and feedback from our players were beyond what we ever imagined.

We’re now a few weeks after the ending of Season 4 and closer to the release of the next raid, so we are shipping in the 5/28 release everything necessary for our next event, Meta Event Rush. It will run from June 4th 10 AM PST to June 11th 10 AM PST, and you can find more about it on this Blog Post.

As I previously mentioned on the forums (Here), your feedback speaks volumes and we have made some changes that we feel are for the best based on this feedback. World Meta Event will grant additional rewards for successfully completing specific Meta Events, and you can find further details on the Wiki (Meta-Event Rush).

We’ve implemented a Tiered Community Goal as a part of this event. The Community’s progress towards the goal will be displayed in-game and will update every 15 minutes. There are 5 tiers for this event, all of which have goals set for the community to accomplish.

All of the Community Goal Tiers will have different rewards and anyone who has participated in the end of a Meta Event will get these rewards when/if they log in during the World Meta Event. These rewards are available for a limited time while the World Meta Event is running.

We’ve also drastically changed the Bonus Box and how many you receive for completing Meta Events. The idea is that doing these events should feel rewarding and that they should also feel good to open. As a reminder, rewards that come out of the box will stack (where applicable) with the same items in your inventory.

Here’s a Preview of the Bonus Box:bf656BonusBoxGoods.jpg

Again, all of the info on this event can be found on our Wiki – Here (Meta-Event Rush).

On top of changes to the reward boxes, we’ve also added a cooldown on how often you can get Bonus Boxes from the same event. There will be a 15-minute cooldown buff placed on your character that is specific to the Meta Event that they completed. If your character completes this Meta Event while having this buff, they will not receive the Bonus Boxes again.

I also want to note that, for this version of the World Meta Event, we did not have enough time to make any changes to the Defend events that occur as a part of the Arah Metas. These defend events will kick off like normal after a successful attack and do not have additional rewards for completing them. It is our intention to address this if we run another event that targets the Arah Meta attack events, but we won’t be able to do that for this event.

Our next Special Event, that is not too far out, will be for World vs World. It will significantly “swap” up the gameplay and shake it to its “core” (for that reset). More to come as we get closer!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me for prob misunderstanding, but what's actually changed here? The tiered rewards are just banners and boosters mostly. Are we still getting common mats for killing bosses? Because that is what we didn't want - the feedback seemed to me steered towards a token based system instead

Again, it could be my misunderstanding, so corrections welcomed

@Randulf.7614 said:Forgive me for prob misunderstanding, but what's actually changed here? The tiered rewards are just banners and boosters mostly. Are we still getting common mats for killing bosses? Because that is what we didn't want - the feedback seemed to me steered towards a token based system instead

We used to get one mat as reward. Now it's a cluster, which is about 20-30 silver each. Feels pretty darn good to me, mister!

@pinguadoido.6581 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Forgive me for prob misunderstanding, but what's actually changed here? The tiered rewards are just banners and boosters mostly. Are we still getting common mats for killing bosses? Because that is what we didn't want - the feedback seemed to me steered towards a token based system instead

We used to get one mat as reward. Now it's a cluster, which is about 20-30 silver each. Feels pretty darn good to me, mister!

I probably wouldn't even notice the difference honestly. You get so many mats/gear/ect. from doing events that I wouldn't notice a sprinkle more. I would much prefer at least to get tokens that could be used to purchase something I find valuable even if it's just some minis. Heck, I would consider doing these events if the chests gave you a 50% chance at 1 laurel or a guaranteed 1 mystic clover.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

I probably wouldn't even notice the difference honestly. You get so many mats/gear/ect. from doing events that I wouldn't notice a sprinkle more. I would much prefer at least to get tokens that could be used to purchase something I find valuable even if it's just some minis. Heck, I would consider doing these events if the chests gave you a 50% chance at 1 laurel or a guaranteed 1 mystic clover.

Now you are just asking for Christmas to come early. :p

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:

Our next Special Event, that is not too far out, will be for World vs World. It will significantly “swap” up the gameplay and shake it to its “core” (for that reset). More to come as we get closer!

Before fixing the dates for the WvW event, please take the regular relinks into consideration. Looking back on the previous WvW event (no downed state), it was great fun for some servers, but not for others... simply because relink and random match-ups shook up the pecking order at the same time as the event.Facing much weaker servers or much stronger servers both kinda dampen the excitement for WvW events. Please allow a few weeks of ranking before the upcoming event, so that servers are more likely to have good fights.

Either way, am looking forward for what you've thought up for the upcoming WvW special!

So...

• EXTREMELY underwhelmed by the Tiered Community Goal rewards. They're bad on a "Repair Canister" level of bad. Honestly, I would rather not get anything than getting those rewards, they're just going to give me the trouble of trashing them. ArenaNet could have used this opportunity to give us something exciting, but I guess not.
  • Sad that the Bonus Box is still bad. As mentioned above, a token-based system would have been far, far better. At least they're not as bad as the Tiered Community Goal rewards (if they were that bad, I honestly would feel pushed to not play the events)
  • Very happy with the changes to the Path of Fire meta events. The Maws of Torment event will be doable now, that's great news.

It's nice that the Bonus Boxes have gotten a boost, but unless the drop rates of those shiny infusions have gotten noticeably better, I'm not going to bother farming the meta events constantly. I'll just participate in a few as needed for collections and enjoy the bonus loot.

@"Erasculio.2914" said:So...

• EXTREMELY underwhelmed by the Tiered Community Goal rewards. They're bad on a "Repair Canister" level of bad. Honestly, I would rather not get anything than getting those rewards, they're just going to give me the trouble of trashing them. ArenaNet could have used this opportunity to give us something exciting, but I guess not.
  • Sad that the Bonus Box is still bad. As mentioned above, a token-based system would have been far, far better. At least they're not as bad as the Tiered Community Goal rewards (if they were that bad, I honestly would feel pushed to not play the events)
  • Very happy with the changes to the Path of Fire meta events. The Maws of Torment event will be doable now, that's great news.

Or you could use the banners before the metas start to contribute to the community maybe?Will get them off your hands and help someone else