Are ArenaNet punishing the reported player?

sokell.5872

ANet has stated that:

• Every report is investigated
  • Reporters are never punished
  • Exception: if the reporter misuses the report system

The fact that ANet doesn't necessarily act the way we think they should doesn't mean they aren't reading the reports. So usually, if someone is claiming they have been punished for filing a report, they aren't telling close to the whole story.

Based on my personal experience, they don't. I somewhat keep track of people that go out of their way to verbally abuse others (seen cases as bad as death-threats, wishing illnesses and the like). They still play, so these reports have either not been looked into, or Anet does not consider the offense severe enough.

About the "keeping track" part, when you block and rename someone, you will among other things see the "renamed" account-name show up on the top 250 leaderboard once they qualify for it. It's sort of hilarious when you consider that next to all the match manipulators you got the ragers and verbal abusers up there too. Captures the current state of PvP better than anything else ever could.

no, my theory is they dont even ban ppl because the communuty is so small that it'd make the match making even worst than it already is.

Have you played in silver?

High levels of toxicity , ppl go afk dor literally any reason not to mention the verbal abuse.

If they start properly baning ppl I think 80% of this division will be gone.

@sokell.5872 said:ArenaNet must disclose the penalty of the reported player.

On the one hand:

Nah. It's not your right to have Anet mail you an ego-stroking letter that the baddie you reported has been punished and that you did a good job.It's their job to investigate the issue and then take action appropriate to the TOS.

On the other hand:

Having dishonored for 4 months as a visible debuff on my bar would probably make me want to max my dishonored stop me from doing whatever got me dishonored.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:I just got reported for AFK.... in Unrank :ODo you think that mods want's to police every plebs complaints when it's like this?

But...were you a.f.k.?

yes, in U"R"A"N"K...you tell me you report ppl for afk'ing in Unrank? I can understand rank cuz of the seasonal implications. But Unrank? really..I say they should ban everyone reporting afker's from unrank

Oh yes, because being AFK ruins the game for your team mates. No matter if ranked or unranked. If you want to go AFK, don't join a sPvP game and go AFK in the lobby.

Then if that's the case, i'll be spamming that report button on you every chance i get during matches. Don't matter what for.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:I just got reported for AFK.... in Unrank :ODo you think that mods want's to police every plebs complaints when it's like this?

But...were you a.f.k.?

yes, in U"R"A"N"K...you tell me you report ppl for afk'ing in Unrank? I can understand rank cuz of the seasonal implications. But Unrank? really..I say they should ban everyone reporting afker's from unrank

Oh yes, because being AFK ruins the game for your team mates. No matter if ranked or unranked. If you want to go AFK, don't join a sPvP game and go AFK in the lobby.

Then if that's the case, i'll be spamming that report button on you every chance i get during matches. Don't matter what for.

And people doing exactly this is part of the problem.

If it's true, as Anet has advised, that they investigate all reports then all the false reporting just causes a huge backlog of actually getting to the individuals who should be reprimanded.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

But...were you a.f.k.?

And people doing exactly this is part of the problem.

If it's true, as Anet has advised, that they investigate all reports then all the false reporting just causes a huge backlog of actually getting to the individuals who should be reprimanded.

Sure not does abusing the report button.. apparently!

@Vieux P.1238 said:

But...were you a.f.k.?

Well, I would call that misuse of the reporting system. But that is something between you and ArenaNet. I'll let them judge about this and the reports you file.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

But...were you a.f.k.?

Afks in unrankedThreatens to flood Anet with false reports because they didn't like that they got reported for AFKing in unranked

Cmon man, put down the shovel and stop digging that hole. Just avoid afking if you pvp please.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

But...were you a.f.k.?

Afks in unranked
Threatens to flood Anet with false reports because they didn't like that they got reported for AFKing in unranked

Cmon man, put down the shovel and stop digging that hole. Just avoid afking if you pvp please.

Hey! if you allowed to abuse it, i can too. Come & dig with me. You belong in this hole with me.