The mystic mats vaccum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lapaer.7581 said:

@Neo Mortem.3627 said:All of those ingots.... the thousands upon thousands of Mithril Ingots donated... Maybe even a million.... a grand sum worth hundreds of gold... just to get 5k karma in return.

I didn't even get the karma T_T

Neither did I...I stood around and waited for a long time to see what would happen after the bar got full, but it just kept on taking ingots and not doing anything. So I left to work on my skyscale treats collection. I thought that maybe it was not completing to give people who hadn't gotten to play yet some time to donate, and that it would flip after a day or two.

Oh well. I made enough money from selling ingots to cover the cost of a grow lamp. Thanks, Mystic Hobo! :)

@Mewcifer.5198 said:Does anyone know if the event happens again? I only caught the tail end of it and didn't have enough time to grab all my mithril off my other characters so I still need to buy one more donation for the achievement and title. :'(

Not just that - there was NO warning what so ever of this event, and so it'd suck if people missed it because they didn't jump on the SECOND the new patch dropped.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:What is this event? Where did they even announce this? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and I'm on forums/facebook daily :open_mouth: (and I was in game too... even in LA at a point...)

I just got home and have no idea whats going on. It would be really unfair if this was something that only happened a short time while people were working. I may get a little salty.

@confusedbat.5786 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I wonder how it was supposed to work. I thought it was just a mat sink for some ap/title . . .

Based on the response from Anet, it was meant to work as it did, get people to chuck 1000s of gold worth of mats away, in exchange for 5k karma

No they said there was an issue, which would indicate to me that it did not work as intended. My presumption was when the bar filled it was going to flip over to some other mat that needed a sink, but that is a total guess with no supporting data other than that the bar was labeled something like 'current project' which would indicate there were other projects to come . . .

It has to be an ongoing thing bc there is no way they would introduce that ap and title just for the ppl who were logged in for those few hours and sry tough luck for everyone else . . .

Jesus, I can't believe how quickly that went. I'm probably one of the few on this side of the world who actually participated, but only because I stuffed up my sleeping.

Creepy collector served a good cause though. My mithril ore and ingots were feeling pretty sad and lonely sitting in the bank. And I got a new title for throwing my possessions away. Awesome!

Wait, so there was an unannounced scam event and now the people that got scammed are salty, and the people that didn't get online in time to be scammed are salty. lul

guys pls let's do a kickstarter and pay for some QA dude for anet, no job experience required, just someone to save anet from themselves :/

For the people who missed it: there is a new NPC in Lion's Arch, he is close to Mystic Forge, he is interested to see how Mystic Forge works. He accepts mithril lingots.

You could donate your lingots if you wanted, people keep donating and donating, nothing happened. The developers literally make us donate our lingots for nothing. The event is bugged.

Imagine you donated 900 of it. Nothing happens. You just wasted 900 lingots for nothing.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:For the people who missed it: there is a new NPC in Lion's Arch, he is close to Mystic Forge, he is interested to see how Mystic Forge works. He accepts mithril lingots.

You could donate your lingots if you wanted, people keep donating and donating, nothing happened. The developers literally make us donate our lingots for nothing. The event is bugged.

Imagine you donated 900 of it. Nothing happens. You just wasted 900 lingots for nothing.

He's not new. IIRC, he's Wild-Eyed Willie, the insane bum near the lighthouse. And he left as soon as the event ended, so he's back at his usual spot spouting the usual nonsense.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I wonder how it was supposed to work. I thought it was just a mat sink for some ap/title . . .

Based on the response from Anet, it was meant to work as it did, get people to chuck 1000s of gold worth of mats away, in exchange for 5k karma

No they said there was an issue, which would indicate to me that it did not work as intended. My presumption was when the bar filled it was going to flip over to some other mat that needed a sink, but that is a total guess with no supporting data other than that the bar was labeled something like 'current project' which would indicate there were other projects to come . . .

It has to be an ongoing thing bc there is no way they would introduce that ap and title just for the ppl who were logged in for those few hours and sry tough luck for everyone else . . .

Okay, that I was trying to make was that even if the event was bugged, the reward for this stage wasn't; many people got given 5k karma for donating, people who donated and left the instance got nothing. Point is that 5k karma is basically nothing compared to the amount of mithril sunk into that thing, esp if you didn't manage to complete the collection for the title.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:For the people who missed it: there is a new NPC in Lion's Arch, he is close to Mystic Forge, he is interested to see how Mystic Forge works. He accepts mithril lingots.

not nothing. Got a new title and 9 achievement points out of it. kinda meh but I had a pile of the things siting in my materials tab (5 stacks per type in my case) and I'll probably fill that back up in a week or two. Mithril tends to be one of the mats I'm always haveing to offload to the AH because I filled up.

I would like to know what that whole thing was about though as I had to leave after it was stuck on 100% for an hour.

@Merendel.7128 said:

not nothing. Got a new title and 9 achievement points out of it. kinda meh but I had a pile of the things siting in my materials tab (5 stacks per type in my case) and I'll probably fill that back up in a week or two. Mithril tends to be one of the mats I'm always haveing to offload to the AH because I filled up.

I would like to know what that whole thing was about though as I had to leave after it was stuck on 100% for an hour.

Ooooof, what was the new title? This kind of annoys those that are capped on AP too so any little bits help.

@confusedbat.5786 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Okay, that I was trying to make was that even if the event was bugged, the reward for this stage wasn't; many people got given 5k karma for donating, people who donated and left the instance got nothing. Point is that 5k karma is basically nothing compared to the amount of mithril sunk into that thing, esp if you didn't manage to complete the collection for the title.

Yeah I don't think the reward was bugged, other than that lots of ppl didn't get it. It was pretty clear from the outset that it was just a mat sink for ap and title, but we still don't know whether it was supposed to click over to a new mat when the old one filled, or if it's supposed to flip at reset, or if he's supposed to come and go randomly over time or what . . .

What makes the most sense to me is that he would be there all the time and anet could flip him to a needed sink as the bar gradually filled over time, since after the initial push the bar would fill much more slowly . . .