Worst class and build for ranked.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"sephiroth.4217" said:snipsdood NOICE! lols. zerk staff ele can do really well, if no one looks at you ;).

here is the marauder fb spirit weapon build lols. empty slot depends on if you are vs condi or ranged. hopefully not both. try it out, you will be surprised at how well it does. spirit weapons have so many friggen casts its ridiculous.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR8OnsAjVBBGBBkCjF5BbvlGT3pX5rgwNoKCsACAA-j5A4QA2yApjAAY/BAyour scrapper launch build is wonky, sry is should've just posted build links. there is this version:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUICdehtoCOeBEqil0iacOGyd7rGCgRke6X+oH-jpgTABAs/wxlBAAand this version:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUICdehlcBOeBEqiFRjC822tBaMAiukiOsz6vG-jpgTABHXGAg9HAA

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:snipsdood NOICE! lols. zerk staff ele can do really well, if no one looks at you ;).

here is the marauder fb spirit weapon build lols. empty slot depends on if you are vs condi or ranged. hopefully not both. try it out, you will be surprised at how well it does. spirit weapons have so many friggen casts its ridiculous.
your scrapper launch build is wonky, sry is should've just posted build links. there is this version:
and this version:

Ive been playing more Zerk Tempest since... It does quite well when focused but im running a lot of passive defenses plus arcane shield and lightning flash slotted.

As for Engie, I dont know engie since prehot lol so just made it up as I went..

I shall try more of these builds this weekend after im done experimenting with Celestial DD Reaper lmao☺ (which is suprisingly strong)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:snipsdood NOICE! lols. zerk staff ele can do really well, if no one looks at you ;).

here is the marauder fb spirit weapon build lols. empty slot depends on if you are vs condi or ranged. hopefully not both. try it out, you will be surprised at how well it does. spirit weapons have so many friggen casts its ridiculous.
your scrapper launch build is wonky, sry is should've just posted build links. there is this version:
and this version:

Ive been playing more Zerk Tempest since... It does quite well when focused but im running a lot of passive defenses plus arcane shield and lightning flash slotted.

I shall try more of these builds this weekend after im done experimenting with Celestial DD Reaper lmao☺ (which is suprisingly strong)

right on man. out of curiosity, whats your tempest build? this is what I run:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWhMMozhlMwlB8RsMAYBBgBQDQIDUBmhur2Y7sF-jJROABn/AAk/CAAw+DwUGAA

@sephiroth.4217 said:snipsdood NOICE! lols. zerk staff ele can do really well, if no one looks at you ;).

and this version:

right on man. out of curiosity, whats your tempest build? this is what I run:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMICdOg9MAmMAcYilGArILcFiCuX2O7nVIQGAihA-jJROAByfBAAY/BYKDc+DAAAThose are my traits... Used Wurm runes for extra health and ferocity.

Arcane skill slotted can hit for 5k and you get 2 uses.Also when traited you can Meteor Shower to Earth and Arcane blast some immobilization onto people caught in MS.

Ran Lightning Rod for the extra procs, felt like I needed more damage on my rotations because without it earth and air were seriously lacking damage.it was also handy to deal with clones this way.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Those are my traits... Used Wurm runes for extra health and ferocity.

Arcane skill slotted can hit for 5k and you get 2 uses.Also when traited you can Meteor Shower to Earth and Arcane blast some immobilization onto people caught in MS.

Ran Lightning Rod for the extra procs, felt like I needed more damage on my rotations because without it earth and air were seriously lacking damage.it was also handy to deal with clones this way.

cool. yeah I can't run without fire, so much more damage! also I like the overload air spam to convince melee to stay away lol.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Those are my traits... Used Wurm runes for extra health and ferocity.

cool. yeah I can't run without fire, so much more damage! also I like the overload air spam to convince melee to stay away lol.

So do I lmaoOr I deliver it onto mid then bail with Lightning Flash and start healing like a mad man to counter the Retal killing me haha

@Bazooka.3590 said:PVP is unplayable with 90% of the builds and Anet doesn't give a kitten since 2014This game and this company is over

Please suggest some builds and I will try to use them, my weekend starts in a day and half and I'm keen to cycle some more in.

Power Chrono. Totally useless in PvP now. No buildable stability and hard to work any decent condi cleanse into your build without severely nerfing your damage. Even when you build for damage it isn't competitive. Try it and you'll see what I mean. It got repeatedly hit with the nerf bat one too many times and is now comparable to some classes' core specs.

@"Vague Memory.2817" said:Power Chrono. Totally useless in PvP now. No buildable stability and hard to work any decent condi cleanse into your build without severely nerfing your damage. Even when you build for damage it isn't competitive. Try it and you'll see what I mean. It got repeatedly hit with the nerf bat one too many times and is now comparable to some classes' core specs.

I actualy have 2 power chrono that I use frequently...1 is mantra burst and the other is a stun lock build.

Mantra burst - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8flknhS0YZawGNwtGLrGV9y2sVb5GMCBA5CMADHA-jpAOgAxlBA2fAAI believe it resembles a well known Mesmers build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8ensICVohlpBOoBEgilTjiMAWgg6sKiimoear2uF-jpAOABdXGAg9HAAStun lock build - Can nuke team fights with double grav well combined with tides of time once they have been bunched up, should proc heavy numbers from Power Block and Lost time and has decent sustain for team fights.

@"TheDevice.2751" said:Reaper using anything but paladins. (Even then you're still going to get 2-shot by a mes, war, engi, ranger, thief, guard)Any core necro build

Im playing with Celestial Reaper at the moment and its rather strong.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRAoY3djc0QnN2aD22A/NWwFMquQc4ZB1mCAHg4sYXsMC-jpQOgArlBA2fAAI drop D/D against power heavy teams for Greatsword and vice versa.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Vague Memory.2817" said:Power Chrono. Totally useless in PvP now. No buildable stability and hard to work any decent condi cleanse into your build without severely nerfing your damage. Even when you build for damage it isn't competitive. Try it and you'll see what I mean. It got repeatedly hit with the nerf bat one too many times and is now comparable to some classes' core specs.

I actualy have 2 power chrono that I use frequently...1 is mantra burst and the other is a stun lock build.

Mantra burst -
I believe it resembles a well known Mesmers build.

Stun lock build - Can nuke team fights with double grav well combined with tides of time once they have been bunched up, should proc heavy numbers from Power Block and Lost time and has decent sustain for team fights.

Trust me. I've tried almost every permeation of builds for power chron and they are all useless. I pretty sure all serious mes on the forums would agree.

Your first build has absolutely no condi cleanse or stability at all with a zerker amulet no less. That build will last approx. 5secs against any semi decent condi spec player/team with Scourge, Gravedigger, Mirage etc., and any spec/team that has copious amounts of CC (engis, fear necros etc.) you will be chain bounced around like a ping pong ball before you get a shot off. This used to be my favourite build a long time ago where you could get away with no condi cleanse or stab as a power chron, but those days are gone with the current crop of Elites and even the last gen elites. I'm sure it still has great use in a good team, but lets face it, you can get away with most builds in a good team. Most pugs aren't great teams, and almost all teams are not pre-mades. Overall very little sustain build.

The second build has pretty good sustainability and probaly the best condi cleanse you'll get on mes (which is pretty poor in the current meta), but is no bunker by an stretch of the imagination. But the most important thing is the damage output is just way too weak. Very unlikely to take down other classes specs including their core specs outside of a team fight, or you'll be fighting any good sustain spec for days hoping that the first person to arrive to break the deadlock is on your team. As soon as you take the inspiration line you lose a significant amount dps on any mes power build. On top of that mixing power weapons with staff (condi) means you are splitting the weak dps even further since you've most chosen a power amulet. Tried signet builds, and the cds are just too long for good use these days. Don't get me wrong, I've had great fun using GS and Staff together if you trait it right, but you are not going to turn a fight outside of a good team (i.e. good support).

Well double grav well is going to be good no matter what your build is :) But when you are building around your Elite skill, you know your spec is in trouble. basically the history of chrono has been buff to be strong and then nerf it to uselessness, and with the recent changes to core traits it has hit chrono even harder. I still play power chrono because I still enjoy he playstyle, but it still sucks and really isn't competitive. Chrono is actually just below perfect balance, the problem is other classes' specs are very overtuned in comparison, so it makes it not overall competitive. As soon as they started nerfing core traits to try and balance Mirage, they made power builds even weaker than before. Note stability and condi cleanse has been nerfed previously despite it not being good in the first place due to trait line placement.

@Falan.1839 said:You can obviously always just pick mismatching Amulets/traits (like Condi Engi with Zerk Amulet or smth) to make it deliberately bad. Out of the builds that are at least supposed to make some kind of sense, Core Zerk Staff Ele is probably one of the hottest contenders. Banner warrior is probably a close match.

I made it to plat 2 a few seasons ago with core zerk Ele. Some games with ice bow, some with flame axe. Good fun