Bunker builds has a bit too much presence

Ferahn.2896

There's been too much everything-creep since the expansions. I want them to nerf everything until builds like d/d ele or core necro or core engi, core ranger, etc. are competitive again.

Those builds are doing the correct amount of damage with the correct amount of survivability. The elite specs are all over the top.

@Ferahn.2896 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:there is one common bunker build. ONE. chronobunker, boonbeast, prot holo, and weaver are all not very common. one build does not make this a bunker meta. we are in a burst meta, get some glasses.

You're being surprisingly hostile. I never claimed that any of the classes are common or that this is a bunker meta. I do however feel like scrappers and weavers are quite common, I see them nearly every game. I don't believe you are reading the same text that I wrote judging by your reply, you might want to invest in some new glasses.

Weavers????? It's an ele for Christ sake. Literally a Rev and SB can look at them, and they shrivel. Just because they are seen doesn't mean they do their job well. And scrappers had gotten their barrier nerfed, so it's just them stacking as much toughness as possible because everything and their mother wants to to hit over 8k now.

I mean, I get it, people have PTSD from HoT when bunkers were king, but we are hardly molding into a bunker meta.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:there is one common bunker build. ONE. chronobunker, boonbeast, prot holo, and weaver are all not very common. one build does not make this a bunker meta. we are in a burst meta, get some glasses.

You're being surprisingly hostile. I never claimed that any of the classes are common or that this is a bunker meta. I do however feel like scrappers and weavers are quite common, I see them nearly every game. I don't believe you are reading the same text that I wrote judging by your reply, you might want to invest in some new glasses.

Weavers????? It's an ele for Christ sake.Yes, weavers are super common. This fire bs that self stack 25 might by smashing their face against keyboard . Instant 10-15 burns if you touch them that being reapplied with ease, yikes.Literally a Rev and SB can look at them, and they shrivel.Not really. May be if they are waaaaay better than ele..

@praqtos.9035 said:

Weavers????? It's an ele for Christ sake.Yes, weavers are super common. This fire bs that self stack 25 might by smashing their face against keyboard . Instant 10-15 burns if you touch them that being reapplied with ease, yikes.Literally a Rev and SB can look at them, and they shrivel.Not really. May be if they are waaaaay better than ele..

Uh no. Spellsbreakers literally laugh at ele. This class has the least stunbreaks, the least offensive potential, and the least presence on the latter both high and low tier play. It is literally a l2p issue if you cannot actually win against Condi Weaver. This build is a meme that is probably good up until gold 2-3

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Uh no. Spellsbreakers literally laugh at ele. This class has the least stunbreaks, the least offensive potential, and the least presence on the latter both high and low tier play. It is literally a l2p issue if you cannot actually win against Condi Weaver. This build is a meme that is probably good up until gold 2-3Something tells me you are actually in your gold2-3 if you think so. Stunbreaks? 2 charges that evade for 1s and gives them stability. They literally chain stances and never get stunned,if you do, thats l2p issue.Ele/weaver damage potential is crazy high. Some dude that play full zerk kamikaze build blew away my 24k hp instant before I even realized what happened. Suddenly weaver lost all his evades and focus lost his invul?

@praqtos.9035 said:

Uh no. Spellsbreakers literally laugh at ele. This class has the least stunbreaks, the least offensive potential, and the least presence on the latter both high and low tier play. It is literally a l2p issue if you cannot actually win against Condi Weaver. This build is a meme that is probably good up until gold 2-3Something tells me you are actually in your gold2-3 if you think so. Stunbreaks? 2 charges that evade for 1s and gives them stability. They literally chain stances and never get stunned,if you do, thats l2p issue.Ele/weaver damage potential is crazy high. Some dude that play full zerk kamikaze build blew away my 24k hp instant before I even realized what happened. Suddenly weaver lost all his evades and focus lost his invul?

Literally just run around in circles against that build every time it pulses primordial stance & goes into fire attunement, and that build is not even a real bunker, you can force it off node quite easily 2v1 and likely get a kill on it with +'s from high damage classes such as revs & soulbeast or even necros since they have so many soft ccs and that build has terrible escape other than a single invul that it doesn't have instant access to. Only people complaining about that build are people who don't know how that build works and facetank trade with it every time it's in fire attunement and plusing primordial stance.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:there is one common bunker build. ONE. chronobunker, boonbeast, prot holo, and weaver are all not very common. one build does not make this a bunker meta. we are in a burst meta, get some glasses.

Literally just run around in circles against that build every time it pulses primordial stance & goes into fire attunement, and that build is not even a real bunker, you can force it off node quite easily 2v1 and likely get a kill on it with +'s from high damage classes such as revs & soulbeast or even necros since they have so many soft ccs and that build has terrible escape other than a single invul that it doesn't have instant access to. Only people complaining about that build are people who don't know how that build works and facetank trade with it every time it's in fire attunement and plusing primordial stance.The only one real bunker is the scrapper. Everything else is just a coseplay .People get confused about "bunkers" as everyone can facetank a lot, evade for hours, vomit boons and maintain great damage in same time.Thankfully or not, I'm not seeing many soulbeasts, privilege of EU server. Roaming scourges emmm, must be a free kill without a pocket FB.Your assumptions doesnt make that build less canc*rous tho

@praqtos.9035 said:

Ah man that SINGULAR 40 sec invul and two evades. 2op5me.

Stop, you and other people overplay Weaver way too much and it's embarrassing. These forums are becoming more and more of a joke as this keeps showing up more and more.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Ah man that SINGULAR 40 sec invul and two evades. 2op5me.Remind me of mesmer with SINGULAR 1s distortion in most of the cases on 50s cd AND one evade on the weapon and thats made everyone go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.You have water/earth combo that not only evade both but also blast healing field, 2 ammo'd evade-breakstun utilitity and disgusting stability uptime. Once again remind me of chaos that was nerfed to have only ONE second of stability :)Stop, you and other people overplay Weaver way too much and it's embarrassing. These forums are becoming more and more of a joke as this keeps showing up more and more.What should I stop? Actual ele mains that I see in game(one of them was playing last mAT) say that ele is in good spot, some even think sword need a nerf.All of them laugh at ppl who complain about ele being bad and need a buff.Forum always has been a joke, dont pretend it was better or may be it was but suddenly all sane people quit...

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:there is one common bunker build. ONE. chronobunker, boonbeast, prot holo, and weaver are all not very common. one build does not make this a bunker meta. we are in a burst meta, get some glasses.

Ah man that SINGULAR 40 sec invul and two evades. 2op5me.Remind me of mesmer with SINGULAR 1s distortion in most of the cases on 50s cd AND one evade on the weapon and thats made everyone go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.You have water/earth combo that not only evade both but also blast healing field, 2 ammo'd evade-breakstun utilitity and disgusting stability uptime. Once again remind me of chaos that was nerfed to have only ONE second of stability :)Stop, you and other people overplay Weaver way too much and it's embarrassing. These forums are becoming more and more of a joke as this keeps showing up more and more.What should I stop? Actual ele mains that I see in game(one of them was playing last mAT) say that ele is in good spot, some even think sword need a nerf.All of them laugh at ppl who complain about ele being bad and need a buff.Forum always has been a joke, dont pretend it was better or may be it was but suddenly all sane people quit...

Lol calling ele cancer and mesmer is not instead of being reasonable about it and think that maybe, just maybe that both classes are in a good spot in that they are good in some areas but also have weaknesses and is clearly not keyboard faceroll easy to play like you're suggesting. You have huge bias if you legit think all the old unnerfed condi mirage, scepter burst ""bunker"" chrono, chaos condi mirage, phantasm spam """bunker""" chrono...etc are not cancer and somehow condi ele is.

@dominik.9721 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:Yeah I'm so tired of people not dying to my one-shot build! I mean, I invested everything to one-shot things and I can't. This is obviously not how it should be!

I know it's sarcasm from you probably but the thing is a player that facetankes a full predictable burst combo should not be able to surivive - no matter if he's "bunker" or not.Lazy and bad gameplay never should be rewarded and when a firebrand, scrapper or soulbeast fails to evade obvious animations he should be punished and not faceroll over the keyboard acting like nothing happend.

@"FyzE.3472" said:Yeah I'm so tired of people not dying to my one-shot build! I mean, I invested everything to one-shot things and I can't. This is obviously not how it should be!

I know it's sarcasm from you probably but the thing is a player that facetankes a full predictable burst combo should not be able to surivive - no matter if he's "bunker" or not.Lazy and bad gameplay never should be rewarded and when a firebrand, scrapper or soulbeast fails to evade obvious animations he should be punished and not faceroll over the keyboard acting like nothing happend.

What are you talking about. They don't survive. I destroy scrappers all the time on my warrior. Most it takes is 20 seconds. You wait for stab, hammer 3 and 4. Free to bullscharge, hundred blades arc slice. GG. If he doesn't die rampage will do the job. As ranger you basically just need to hit with maul and worldly impact. Reaper can do the same, cc skill 3 then skill 4 I believe.Rev also has enough dps to kill scrapper.

Scrappers only dominant lower ranks below 1550. Once u hit 1550 there are much less. Since face tanking any of the above I mentioned=death.

Correct the title.bunkers are dominant in tiers below 1500. Where players haven't figured out that pressing burst buttons doesn't kill a scrapper. Waiting for cool downs then burst does. At higher levels there are much less scrappers. Those that do remain tend to already be good on other specs.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

Lol calling ele cancer and mesmer is not instead of being reasonable about it and think that maybe, just maybe that both classes are in a good spot in that they are good in some areas but also have weaknesses and is clearly not keyboard faceroll easy to play like you're suggesting. You have huge bias if you legit think all the old unnerfed condi mirage, scepter burst ""bunker"" chrono, chaos condi mirage, phantasm spam """bunker""" chrono...etc are not cancer and somehow condi ele is.Uh uh uh, comparing what mesmer has and ele is a huge bias now? Thats your gold ele(may be even silver) pretend weaver has nothing to defend himself, being somehow worst at offense,which is bullshit. Wtf are you talking about, are you mental ? Why you even talking about old killed mesmer builds ?Current ele IS cancer. Instant 10-15 burns,which is strongest conditin in the game for a second, having bs amount of evades and sustain,easy might stack even from spamming autos into nowhere? Is not cancer? Huge bias my boy, try again.Its mix of scourge and mirage just without clones, come close and get burned to crisp if you dont pack bazilion cleanses.What I even suggest... are you sure you quoted right person? About being at good spot...what a joke

Bunkers are most effective when three enemies can’t eliminate them. Often this is less about the bunker and more about the three players.

I’ve seen teams saying to ignore the enemy bunker when I have almost eliminated that bunkers HP bar solo. It says something when 4 other people can’t spike the same damage as a single person.

Scrapper was overtuned after the rework (with a few bugs). I wouldn’t say they are too much now.

What I have issue with is not bunker’s survivability. It’s the builds that survive too much for their damage output.

@praqtos.9035 said:

there should be filter to not allow these kind of person to post on the forum or at least I should be able to hid these messages ...

It hurts everytime I see one of your comment about elementalist current state.

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

there should be filter to not allow these kind of person to post on the forum or at least I should be able to hid these messages ...

It hurts everytime I see one of your comment about elementalist current state.What kind of person? Why should I see your posts or why you are allowed to post?

@praqtos.9035 said:

Lol calling ele cancer and mesmer is not instead of being reasonable about it and think that maybe, just maybe that both classes are in a good spot in that they are good in some areas but also have weaknesses and is clearly not keyboard faceroll easy to play like you're suggesting. You have huge bias if you legit think all the old unnerfed condi mirage, scepter burst ""bunker"" chrono, chaos condi mirage, phantasm spam """bunker""" chrono...etc are not cancer and somehow condi ele is.Uh uh uh, comparing what mesmer has and ele is a huge bias now? Thats your gold ele(may be even silver) pretend weaver has nothing to defend himself, being somehow worst at offense,which is kitten. kitten are you talking about, are you mental ? Why you even talking about old killed mesmer builds ?Current ele IS cancer. Instant 10-15 burns,which is strongest conditin in the game for a second, having bs amount of evades and sustain,easy might stack even from spamming autos into nowhere? Is not cancer? Huge bias my boy, try again.Its mix of scourge and mirage just without clones, come close and get burned to crisp if you dont pack bazilion cleanses.What I even suggest... are you sure you quoted right person? About being at good spot...what a joke

a gold or maybe even silver mesmer pretending it doesn't have evades, invuls, stealth, teleport, and target breaks to defend itself. Current mesmer IS cancer. Any time it does anything you get covered in a million cancer condis instantly because they just spam their instant cast skills while their clones do the other half automatically for them. It also has bs amount of sustain and boon spam by just being chaos.

that's basically how your argument is structured.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

Lol calling ele cancer and mesmer is not instead of being reasonable about it and think that maybe, just maybe that both classes are in a good spot in that they are good in some areas but also have weaknesses and is clearly not keyboard faceroll easy to play like you're suggesting. You have huge bias if you legit think all the old unnerfed condi mirage, scepter burst ""bunker"" chrono, chaos condi mirage, phantasm spam """bunker""" chrono...etc are not cancer and somehow condi ele is.Uh uh uh, comparing what mesmer has and ele is a huge bias now? Thats your gold ele(may be even silver) pretend weaver has nothing to defend himself, being somehow worst at offense,which is kitten. kitten are you talking about, are you mental ? Why you even talking about old killed mesmer builds ?Current ele IS cancer. Instant 10-15 burns,which is strongest conditin in the game for a second, having bs amount of evades and sustain,easy might stack even from spamming autos into nowhere? Is not cancer? Huge bias my boy, try again.Its mix of scourge and mirage just without clones, come close and get burned to crisp if you dont pack bazilion cleanses.What I even suggest... are you sure you quoted right person? About being at good spot...what a joke

a gold or maybe even silver mesmer pretending it doesn't have evades, invuls, stealth, teleport, and target breaks to defend itself. Current mesmer IS cancer. Any time it does anything you get covered in a million cancer condis instantly because they just spam their instant cast skills while their clones do the other half automatically for them. It also has bs amount of sustain and boon spam by just being chaos.

that's basically how your argument is structured.Cant argue with stupid ¯_(ツ)_/¯As we "talk" about ele you suddenly remember every mesmer build and make nonsense claims that I never spoke aboutYou have huge bias if you legit think all the old unnerfed condi mirage, scepter burst ""bunker"" chrono, chaos condi mirage, phantasm spam """bunker""" chrono...etc are not cancer and somehow condi ele is.The only ones who are biased here - bad eles ;)

@praqtos.9035 said:

that's basically how your argument is structured.Cant argue with stupid ¯_(ツ)_/¯As we "talk" about ele you suddenly remember every mesmer build and make nonsense claims that I never spoke aboutYou have huge bias if you legit think all the old unnerfed condi mirage, scepter burst ""bunker"" chrono, chaos condi mirage, phantasm spam """bunker""" chrono...etc are not cancer and somehow condi ele is.The only ones who are biased here - bad eles ;)

Only bad mesmers that's still salty that their cancer builds got nerf are the biased ones. I'm out. x)))))

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@Ferahn.2896

1. There are no applicable good bunkers in play right now outside of Scrapper.
  2. If a Scrapper is packing Blast Gyro and Throw Landmine for the ultra CC, you should be able to kill him easily.
  3. Under no circumstances should you ever be trying to 1v1 a Scrapper. The only exception to this rule is if you are running some serious 1-shot monkey business and actually know how to use it.

Zerker Staff Tempest works too.. Shower the point in AoE and deny them the point with gust and static field.I dont believe Ive faught top players on scrappers though, I dont see any reason for them to use such a build.

@praqtos.9035 said:

Can I please have this Weaver build?I main Tempest and cant seem to find a decent Weaver build as youve described here.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Can I please have this Weaver build?I main Tempest and cant seem to find a decent Weaver build as youve described here.

But are you ready for it?

Have you been training your forehead?

Well the damage output got really high as in conditions burst now, so people got tired of wondering how did they die from 70% hp in a second and went with the path of least resistance Bunkers this way they could hold at least one point for the duration of the game. And now we are in an arms race who will do the most raid dps or become raid boss.