Copy gw2 from SSD to HDD

Hi, as the title say, my SSD is almost full and i have to cut and paste gw2 from my SSD drive to HDD.Is this possbile without causing problems, will the game work after this normally? (except longer loading times)

Thanks in advance

Depends on whether it impacts the registry but it “could” be okay. It’s not an simple as moving documents though.

Edit: It’s likely not the case for GW2 as I remember files being stored in multiple locations. The safest bet is to just reinstall it on the other drive move your local.dat file there.

@mov.1246 said:Hi, as the title say, my SSD is almost full and i have to cut and paste gw2 from my SSD drive to HDD.Is this possbile without causing problems, will the game work after this normally? (except longer loading times)

Thanks in advance

You can safely copy (or cut) & paste from one location to another.

The game only requires two files to launch; any others are recreated at launch.

• GW2-64.exe (sometimes renamed to gw2.exe), a relatively small file (30-40 mb)
  • gw2.dat (where all the game files, effects, etc are), a huge file of at least 40 GB

If you want to be sure all is well, copy and paste and then launch in the new location. If all is well, delete from the SSD, launch again, and then purge the SSD.

The other files that are created include

• Screenshots, which aren't affected by location of the game's files
  • temp files, which are, well, temporary and therefore don't matter for this
  • the recent TP history files, which are generally purged on patch days anyhow, so also not that big a deal
  • settings files, which keep track of some sound and game preferences

Because that last set matters, they are stored Windows profile and shouldn't need to be touched if you're moving hard drives (as opposed to moving computers).They can be found in %appdata%\Guild Wars 2.