Few Changes For Next Season to help Improve it?

zoopop.5630

Just going to list a few things that should be addressed for Spvp.

1:Having the top 250 play 1 game every 2-3 days after meeting the total game requirement for the season kills the match making/population

What I believe should be done in order to keep people from camping the leader board is that anyone above Plat should be required to play 2-4 games per day before they get decayed or drop in rating from not playing long enough(for the "casual" players this would suck but then again rank shouldn't be so casual in the first place).

2:Add New titles(I know we're getting new titles now but it took over 16 seasons for that to even happen), Reward tracks based upon the division you are in(This would motivate people to do better in games if the reward tracks are worth getting), Or even add a new legendary that would require a few season to complete(this would attract Old and New players to play for the season giving us an increase in players).

Adding some of this new achievements , or reward would generate more players to jump over and focus in playing rank(more people playing the better it is for everyone meaning less que time).

3:Rating system NEEDS to be re-looked into If the spvp Population is low(and noting else gets done about bringing new players or old players back)

Gw2 Rating system as it is now currently punish players for Spamming rank games all day long. To a degree it shouldn't be easy to get into a higher division however because of the low population during "off hours" in NA and EU high end players with a rating over 1650+ usually Lose a lot more rating then they should But if they were to win those games to only gain 4-6 points which doesn't make much sense. Wouldn't a player who has to carry players that aren't even in his level be rewarded equally? I suggestion Games where a player to be expected to carry should be capped with 6 points gained only and max of 8-10 points lost if he or she couldn't carry the game. This is a reason why A LOT of players in the Spvp community ONLY play a few games every 2-4 day's because it isn't worth spamming more games in a day because of the major lose in rating if they lose just 1 game. IF this issue was corrected and fixed base on the population of the spvp community we might see players more often then we have in the past few seasons because how it sits now If anyone over plat 3 loses -21 points in 1 game but then only gains 6-8 points the next game this is going to heavily discourage them from wanting to even continue playing.

4:Class Swapping Is becoming a MAJOR issue in season 16 so hopefully we can do something about it for 17.

I hate seeing Double Necro Que into a game of rank to then see them all swap over into something that can "hard" carry players into a game because it's a lot easier to play a class that can just spam damage while able to escape out of fights. I'm using Necro as a prime example because A lot of players Que as necro to avoid having "bad" necro players on their team(because their fairly easy to kill when not being supported by anything This is also a reason why players dislike having necros in a rank game). To me personally this isn't any different then some sort of match manipulating in order to help fix a match into your favor. I know some people disagree however it's something that's been happening a lot lately and gets beyond frustrating after a while.

Feel free with what you think should or shouldn't be added/fixed. These are just some of the basic stuff i notice and find pretty dumb that noting has been done regardless of 16 seasons of almost the same stuff happening over and over.

@"zoopop.5630" said:4:Class Swapping Is becoming a MAJOR issue in season 16 so hopefully we can do something about it for 17.

I hate seeing Double Necro Que into a game of rank to then see them all swap over into something that can "hard" carry players into a game because it's a lot easier to play a class that can just spam damage while able to escape out of fights. I'm using Necro as a prime example because A lot of players Que as necro to avoid having "bad" necro players on their team(because their fairly easy to kill when not being supported by anything This is also a reason why players dislike having necros in a rank game). To me personally this isn't any different then some sort of match manipulating in order to help fix a match into your favor. I know some people disagree however it's something that's been happening a lot lately and gets beyond frustrating after a while.

Feel free with what you think should or shouldn't be added/fixed. These are just some of the basic stuff i notice and find pretty dumb that noting has been done regardless of 16 seasons of almost the same stuff happening over and over.

This needs to be addressed soon before a handful of people ruin legit class swapping for everyone.

@Tayga.3192 said:About 4th, I mainly queue as mesmer but if opponent team gets 2 or more thieves then I will be changing. Class swapping is okay.

I can agree with you that swapping is OK but being able to do it ALL the time gets pretty crazy imo. I think limiting 1 class Per rank game should be fine or allowing up to 1 or 2 swap per rank game in a day be allowed?

Doing it ALL the time is what makes this into an issue.

Class change is great and it’s what people should be doing for ranked! Only change I would like to see is before u change class u have to show with a icon all cajnsee what class u are changeing to so others can counter change as that’s impossible when they do this last few secs.

Church. Especially think points 3 & 4 are important going into next season, although it's a bit hard for to me to believe after so many seasons of it being broken that rank gain/loss will ever be fixed. It seems like people have just become complacent with how it is, even though it actively discourages playing the game.

I'd add in a point 5 that DuoQ needs to get gone again as well, but again; stretching.