Core Ranger beastmaster build.

Sznurek.8791

@Sznurek.8791 said:Is there currently any good build for PvE focused on pet(some good dps etc.)?I know most of PvE is really easy in this game but I just wonder if there are any builds focused on pets which are actually viable .

Now... define viable, like that’ll be able to do fractals and raids? Yeah, you could probably make one pretty easily, would probably be some form of Condi damage build that’s use WS, Skirmishing and Beastmastery, but could probably do a remorseless build too with marks, skirmishing, BM too.

It could probably deal some respectable damage, but it definitely wouldn’t be meta, and I guarantee you that if you tried to PuG with it you’ll meet a lot of backlash by people who fanatically worship the meta, but I’m sure it’d be fine in actual performance if you had others willing to play with it.

I can link some ideas for a build later, keep in mind they probably won’t compeltely focus on the pet, but they’d have some decent pet synergy and utilization, probably more than most existing builds.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@Sznurek.8791 said:Is there currently any good build for PvE focused on pet(some good dps etc.)?I know most of PvE is really easy in this game but I just wonder if there are any builds focused on pets which are actually viable .

Now... define viable, like that’ll be able to do fractals and raids? Yeah, you could probably make one pretty easily, would probably be some form of Condi damage build that’s use WS, Skirmishing and Beastmastery, but could probably do a remorseless build too with marks, skirmishing, BM too.

It could probably deal some respectable damage, but it definitely wouldn’t be meta, and I guarantee you that if you tried to PuG with it you’ll meet a lot of backlash by people who fanatically worship the meta, but I’m sure it’d be fine in actual performance if you had others willing to play with it.

I can link some ideas for a build later, keep in mind they probably won’t compeltely focus on the pet, but they’d have some decent pet synergy and utilization, probably more than most existing builds.

Yes I was thinking about raids and high level fractals. It would be great if you could post some of the builds.

Straight away i can tell you that "builds focused on pets" isn't a thing, it never has been good enough in pve and never will be without being fundamentally changed.That being said there is a old core-condi ranger build that used to be quite good at raids, i even encountered people complaining that it's too easy and you should be ashamed to play something this easy and have good results.Things have changed and i honestly don't know how effective it is now, but it's most likely not as bad as some other builds out there, so here it is http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQNAnfVjUqQNL2tCurAVLGKEKeAK9Ho/gh9q/EI3DgSk6bA-jBiAQB2UJYBOEAc4JA0l9HApyPIq+DAOBAAUfw6ABg39D8//38////LFAMLrA-eIt has it's own issues, but it works where condi damage is stackable (bossfights).

@Sznurek.8791 said:

Yes I was thinking about raids and high level fractals. It would be great if you could post some of the builds.

Oh shit I completely forgot to post builds lol, I’ll try and post them sometime Sunday when I get home!!

And keep in mind they don’t focus on the pets, just will have a lot of synergy from them/deal a lot of pet damage.

The Condi build is pretty much exactly what @Deax.1572 posted, and I’d argue is the better one.

I don't play PvE raid content so I cannot give any specific builds. What I can say is that you will be looking at the Beast Mastery and Nature Magic trait lines. Beast Mastery to buff the pet, Great sword cool down reduction and damage increase as well as fury proc and Zepher's speed. Nature magic has the trait which shares any boon you get with your pet. It can be an easy way to stack might on your pet.Like I said, I am no expert in PvE but those two trait lines seem like a good choice. I don't know how important cleansing is in that environment but if it is a non-issue you should get Marksmanship as it will give you opening strike for you and your pet (5 vulnerability stacks each and +25% damage on first attack when entering combat) which is reset whenever you gain fury.

Just my 2 cents, hope it gives you some ideas.

• 4 weeks later...