Some stat-selectable items did not get reset by the patch.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Kuulpb.5412 said:Not the case, My knight's Mawdrey got reset and my Viper raid rings didn't get reset.

Well that's even odder. Okay, there's no pattern?

Regardless: I stand by my statement that I'm glad that any of my gear was reset, since two weeks ago, I didn't think any of it would be.

TBH I thought all stat swap ascended items would be reset, and I even hoped ALL ascended would be reset just so that people could choose because of the entire choice rework and moving stats, so people who make viper gear could change that if they so wished etc., I do not know if this is buggy or intended but not all has been reset as is obvious by this thread.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kuulpb.5412 said:Not the case, My knight's Mawdrey got reset and my Viper raid rings didn't get reset.

Well that's even odder. Okay, there's no pattern?

Regardless: I stand by my statement that I'm glad that any of my gear was reset, since two weeks ago, I didn't think any of it would be.

Yeah, talking to guildies, can’t find out any pattern to what did or did not reset.

I certainly agree with you, @Illconceived Was Na.9781, and especially glad that new accessories we buy from LW maps can be any stat! =)

Beware that transmuting (skinning), an item also seems to mess it up, as the game does not recognise the item as stat-selectable anymore. This is why no stat-selectable fractal or raid armor resets, because almost no one keeps the default skins.

The only skinned item that reset for me was a Mawdrey that was transmuted to a Wind Catcher.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Beware that transmuting (skinning), an item also seems to mess it up, as the game does not recognise the item as stat-selectable anymore. This is why no stat-selectable fractal or raid armor resets, because almost no one keeps the default skins.

The only skinned item that reset for me was a Mawdrey that was transmuted to a Wind Catcher.

Nope. I think it has to do with the stats chosen prior to the reset. I have a bloody ruby backpiece transmuted to decorative molten jetpack and it reset. My Valkyrie, Harrier and Cleric trinkets didn't.

@borgs.6103 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Beware that transmuting (skinning), an item also seems to mess it up, as the game does not recognise the item as stat-selectable anymore. This is why no stat-selectable fractal or raid armor resets, because almost no one keeps the default skins.

Nope. I think it has to do with the stats chosen prior to the reset. I have a bloody ruby backpiece transmuted to decorative molten jetpack and it reset. My Valkyrie, Harrier and Cleric trinkets didn't.

People have already said in this thread that multiple items of the same stats did not get consistently reset..

@Hannelore.8153 said:

People have already said in this thread that multiple items of the same stats did not get consistently reset..

Yeah, but then again I just remembered - I had a Berserker stat backpiece that reset. And people were saying Berserker stats didn't. I was so sure it had to do with stats, but this oddity disproved that. The backpiece that reset was an infused Warmaster's Pack - a free bakpiece from an HoT achievement.

Some of my White Mantle Scrolls had stat reset and some did not. Stats varied. Happened on equipped as well as in bank. I have not been through all my characters yet, but this is what I noticed so far.

edited to add: Static Tempered Spinal Blades in bank, reset. Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades equipped, was not reset.

What I'm seeing is not random, but a pattern.

Marauder Ornate Guild Armors: Probably all reset. Some armors I have didn't reset, but they may not have been Ornate Guild Armors. I can't say for sure.Carrion Ornate Guild Armors: None reset.

Marauder LWS3 Trinkets: All reset.Viper LWS3 Trinkets: All reset.

LWS3 Ascended Breathers: None reset, regardless of stat (Berker and Viper).

Carrion Ornate Guild Armors were the only ones I needed reset, so all this reset did was waste my time, forcing me to reselect hundreds of items I didn't need reset.

welp all my Ornate Guild Armors that were marauders were reset and can only select between berserker , rabid and knights this annoyed me cause i had my warrior ready for wvw but had to turn to rabid ( to salvage get expensive rune and maybe insignia)... no insignia with 6 blt kits and now i have to craft again marauder :/

My fractal/mists ring/acces/amu with grieving stats did not reset. My LS3 viper stuff did reset. My alts’ crafting backpieces did reset.

Moreover, my infused ‘There with Yakkington’ backpiece with Mad Memories skin (details included in case it helps fix...) was reset from Soldiers stats, but now only has berserker/knight/rabid options! That is fewer options than before!

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi!

Not all attribute-selectable items were reset during this system update. We listed in the release notes most of the items that were not affected by this update because of their particular combination of attributes and the unaffected items didn’t get their attribute reset. They include, among other items:

• Crafted backpacks
  • Specialization armor and weapon rewards
  • Attribute combinations related to raids and fractals (Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious)

Thank you

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Hi!

Not all attribute-selectable items were reset during this system update. We listed in the release notes most of the items that were not affected by this update because of their particular combination of attributes and the unaffected items didn’t get their attribute reset. They include, among other items:

• Crafted backpacks
  • Attribute combinations related to raids and fractals (Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious)

Thank you

Ah, that explains a lot! I went through 14 charas, a friend through about 20 or so, and only some of the equipment reset. I knew about the elite spec ones and crafted backpacks, but the others were confusing me.

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

What people are saying is that identical items were affected differently. Some LS3 ascended trinkets were reset; some were not. None of those include crafted backpacks, reward items, or came from fractals.For example, according to some people, some viper's rings were resets; some were not.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Ahratan.1098 said:My fractal/mists ring/acces/amu with grieving stats did not reset. My LS3 viper stuff did reset. My alts’ crafting backpieces did reset.

Moreover, my infused ‘There with Yakkington’ backpiece with Mad Memories skin (details included in case it helps fix...) was reset from Soldiers stats, but now only has berserker/knight/rabid options! That is fewer options than before!

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

• Attribute combinations related to raids and fractals
    (Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious)This one seems to be the thing. I have multiple once selectable sets with core stats, which did not reset. Same sets with HoT stats did.

There are a few items that were missed in the reset and will be reset in an upcoming hotfix. Sorry about that!

Not all attribute-selectable items were reset during this system update. We listed in
most of the items that were not affected by this update because of their particular combination of attributes and the unaffected items didn’t get their attribute reset. They include, among other items:
  • Crafted backpacks

Thank you

What people are saying is that identical items were affected differently. Some LS3 ascended trinkets were reset; some were not. None of those include crafted backpacks, reward items, or came from fractals.For example, according to some people, some viper's rings were resets; some were not.

Indeed. There are numerous reports across the forums, ingame chat, and reddit, that identical items with identical stats were not all reset (some were, some weren't, despite being identical).

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

I am confused as to why about half of my LWS3 accessories did reset and half did not (and it didn’t vary by type either, some black ice did reset, some did not, etc). I appreciated the chance to reset some items and I was happy with the stats I’d chosen on most anyway, but this has been puzzling me. :confused:

Anyway, thank you for making all of our stat options available on all LW accessories! =)

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

We know this, the problem is there are so many items that do not follow this rule, it really is bugged.

@gateless gate.8406 said:

Not all attribute-selectable items were reset during this system update. We listed in
most of the items that were not affected by this update because of their particular combination of attributes and the unaffected items didn’t get their attribute reset. They include, among other items:
  • Crafted backpacks

Thank you

Indeed. There are numerous reports across the forums, ingame chat, and reddit, that identical items with identical stats were not all reset (some were, some weren't, despite being identical).

What I noticed is all my skinned backpacks(all collections or bought) didn't reset while having core stats all others did ^^