the best way to beat scrapper?

season is gone and I ended up gold 2. The whole meta bunker was the most annoying thing, seeing a scrapper without having one on my team always brought the "this game is gonna be hard" feeling, seeing scourge, scrapper and fb without having a similar comp felt hopeless.

Scrapper was the most annoying, specially when I didnt have that hard dps comp. Sometimes, sic'em builds worked out well, sometimes it wasnt a good sic'em game, warriors can work their magic too, but at least 2 high burst builds seem to be necessary.

Maybe this is not the case in high plat, cuz the better mechanical knowledge makes you use your bursts more effectively and the team overall knows better what to do.

The beat thing ive found to deal with the scrapper was completely ignore it, make it move around. Hard part here is your team listen to you. But it's a winning strategy, I won some games this way, sometimes losing by 200 pts ended up just losing by 40, 30 secs earlier of right decisions could've been a win.

Reading other posts ppl talk about prot holo being good againat scrapper, you cc out of the pts and make scrappers life miserable.

Any other strats?

@Khalisto.5780 said:Reading other posts ppl talk about prot holo being good againat scrapper, you cc out of the pts and make scrappers life miserable.

Any other strats?

The reason why I can't help but laugh at the nerf scrapper posts is because prot holo is generally better than scrapper at almost everything (only slightly less tanky for way more damage). But it flies under the radar because not many people know how to play it.

Burst works, like you said. I played a full zerk soulbeast untill low plat 1 and could handle scrappers eventually. 100 to 0 bursts : One wolf pack - (quickening zephy if you're feeling generous) - Warhorn 5 and 4 - LB 4 then 2. Most scrappers spam their abilities with little to no consideration. Had a few quite funny games with this setup. By plat 2 i didn't encounter many scrappers, those who did show up could be ignored for the most part and then collapse on them once the rest of their team is on their butt. Competent Rev + Spellbreaker is a duo made to delete people, scrappers get cc'd into oblivion and bursted into non-existence.Another method is boon-corrupt scourges (the blood build i guess? im not exactly sure). Had a game with 2 scrappers on the enemy team and 3 scourges on mine. Scrappers didn't do much. One scourge was on patrol duty between close and mid at all times, if a scrapper came the scourge would engage on him, baiting out cooldowns and buying time, i'd then +1 and together we'd make short work of the scrapper.That being said a smart scrapper seeing 3 scourges would have brought more condi clear and not more cc. But as always it depends on many factors and it's easy to speculate.

i just give up and go to another node... i mean, its pointless to spend like 2+ minutes trying to win a duel against a scrapper and then he comes again 20-30s later so I will spend another 2+ minutes

i play this game to have fun as well and atm its really 0 fun to fight a scrapper

@Zawn.9647 said:i just give up and go to another node... i mean, its pointless to spend like 2+ minutes trying to win a duel against a scrapper and then he comes again 20-30s later so I will spend another 2+ minutes

i play this game to have fun as well and atm its really 0 fun to fight a scrapperSo its 0 fun to fight a bunker scrapper, when he is spending 2+ minutes trying to fight your apparently superior bunker to which he loose and have to return.

Hm.

Are you also playing scrapper?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Zawn.9647 said:i just give up and go to another node... i mean, its pointless to spend like 2+ minutes trying to win a duel against a scrapper and then he comes again 20-30s later so I will spend another 2+ minutes

i play this game to have fun as well and atm its really 0 fun to fight a scrapperSo its 0 fun to fight a bunker scrapper, when he is spending 2+ minutes trying to fight your apparently superior bunker to which he loose and have to return.

Hm.

This guy spotted the scrapper.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Hm.

ROFL you caught me... im a sneaky scrapper :open_mouth:

1550- 1580 warrior here. Not excatly pro but I have zero problems with scrappers below plat. There are not so many in plat tbh.

I play the meta sb. For an easier time. Have sigil of quickness on your gs. Auto attack till he burns cool downs, he will burn because he's squishy.

You can also spam dagger skills since the cool down isn't long. wait for stab to be used which is shown with the big dome. Wait for hammer 4 block and hammer 3 evade. Use full counter to prot tether because his evades and blocks also attack. This is so you get the 25 might stack.

Once You know 3and4 is used. Try to land your skill3 dagger or sheild bash. Because this is when he will gyro. But tbh you cud just press frenzy bullscharge hundred blade. On the last hit of hundred blades arcing slice so you get tether again. This is for if he runs. He ll be pulled to you. Then skill 3. If his passive smoke bomb comes off and blinds you and he didn't die to your skill 3. Just rampage. He has nothing left. He will die.

Basically a free kill. Even if you didn't interrupt his gyros. At 25 stacks of might you can kill him through his barrier.you just need him to eat the hundred blades. Bullscharge is key. For a even easier time take the top trait on the part of the spellbreaker line. The extra 14% dmg makes it alot easier. But be wary of team comp. If there's a Holo or rev I won't advise that.

There are some scrappers out there at higher level I don't kill quickly. Alot of them actually dont go full bunker and run some kind of demolisher amulet hybrid that makes me suspectable to +1s. But if you wanna get out of gold and like to play warrior this is it.

I also agree with alot of the above comments. Reaper, rev, Holo can all do the job. I know cos I play scrapper sometimes. Now I only do that when there isn't a warrior and there is a pesky Condi mirage to deal with.

Edit: if you don't like warrior. Ranger is the way to go. It's even quicker. Look up Trevor Boyer or genk. He posts YouTube vids on sic em ganking people. He basically kills them in seconds. Scrapper can't take maul and worldly impact. Not sure anything can.

@"Khalisto.5780" said:season is gone and I ended up gold 2. The whole meta bunker was the most annoying thing, seeing a scrapper without having one on my team always brought the "this game is gonna be hard" feeling, seeing scourge, scrapper and fb without having a similar comp felt hopeless.

Scrapper was the most annoying, specially when I didnt have that hard dps comp. Sometimes, sic'em builds worked out well, sometimes it wasnt a good sic'em game, warriors can work their magic too, but at least 2 high burst builds seem to be necessary.

Maybe this is not the case in high plat, cuz the better mechanical knowledge makes you use your bursts more effectively and the team overall knows better what to do.

The beat thing ive found to deal with the scrapper was completely ignore it, make it move around. Hard part here is your team listen to you. But it's a winning strategy, I won some games this way, sometimes losing by 200 pts ended up just losing by 40, 30 secs earlier of right decisions could've been a win.

Reading other posts ppl talk about prot holo being good againat scrapper, you cc out of the pts and make scrappers life miserable.

Any other strats?

Also your comp you describe is the best time to ranger. Nothing can really catch you. Glass sic em can basically carry that whole game. Since u can pew them all down and there's nothing that comp can do about it.

@"Khalisto.5780" said:season is gone and I ended up gold 2. The whole meta bunker was the most annoying thing, seeing a scrapper without having one on my team always brought the "this game is gonna be hard" feeling, seeing scourge, scrapper and fb without having a similar comp felt hopeless.

Any other strats?

Its biggest weakness is that it only has 2 stunbreaks and 1 source of on demand stability that is rather short, and then it doesn't have a lot of mobility to disengage more mobile chasers. Gotta work your CCs right and you can pin down a Scrapper pretty easily with things like Spellbreakers, Heralds, Holos, Soulbeasts, ect. Just don't feed it attacks when it uses its Hammer 3 at you, which evades your attacks. When it evades attacks, it gets more stability. Stop attacking when it uses Hammer 3 and you can bait out the 2 stunbreaks & single proc stability pretty easily. Oh and, don't feed your bursts into their blind fields. Stop attacking and wait until the blinding stops.

^ Words to the wise.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Any other strats?

Its biggest weakness is that it only has 2 stunbreaks and 1 source of on demand stability that is rather short, and then it doesn't have a lot of mobility to disengage more mobile chasers. Gotta work your CCs right and you can pin down a Scrapper pretty easily with things like Spellbreakers, Heralds, Holos, Soulbeasts, ect. Just don't feed it attacks when it uses its Hammer 3 at you, which evades your attacks. When it evades attacks, it gets more stability. Stop attacking when it uses Hammer 3 and you can bait out the 2 stunbreaks & single proc stability pretty easily. Oh and, don't feed your bursts into their blind fields. Stop attacking and wait until the blinding stops.

^ Words to the wise.Whats the second stunbreak? The metabattle scrapper has 1 stunbreak afaik (elixir u). Taking a second stunbreak means sacrificing something, such as the bulwark gyro or elixirgun, purge gyro, etc. Or am I missing something?

Hell my WvW scrapper has no stunbreaks because I simply dont have the room for it in my spec.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Any other strats?

^ Words to the wise.Whats the second stunbreak? The metabattle scrapper has 1 stunbreak afaik (elixir u). Taking a second stunbreak means sacrificing something, such as the bulwark gyro or elixirgun, purge gyro, etc. Or am I missing something?

Hell my WvW scrapper has
no
stunbreaks because I simply dont have the room for it in my spec.

There's a stun break on blast gyro tool belt. Blast is good in conquest for scrapper v scrapper node decapping.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Any other strats?

Hell my WvW scrapper has
no
stunbreaks because I simply dont have the room for it in my spec.

Elixir gun tool belt skill is a stunbreak.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Mist

That's 2 with elixir U being the 2nd stunbreak.

Play the Frenzy/Strength Spellbreaker build, rip stability with Dagger F1+Annullment, CC-lock and kill. Rev can work aswell through constant high pressure. Holo can't really do it cause your heat management will force you to reduce pressure at some point and give the scrapper time to resustain and eventually you will get forced off node against a decent scrapper, even though you can sustain it for a quite a while.

After baiting bulwark gyro's barrier spam there is a good chance for a bursty reaper like the spectral onslaught build to force him into stealth or off point for the decap.

I am not so much into other classes than necro but I think if you don't have boon strips or corrupts you will have a very hard time. So I think your best chances are on corrupt/strip focussed necro and spellbreaker builds.

Power rev might be the only non-boonstrip spec being able to just burst the scrapper into oblivion right after baiting bulwark.