New Hairstyles/ Beards - Please Anet!

As you know it has been some time since we have gotten a decent update to our makeover kits in regards to new & improved or better looking hairstyles along with beard options for our male races. I make alot of these threads because they receive alot of support, yet get drowned out quickly. Please, help show your support for newer hairstyles & better beards by posting a sample or giving positive & constructive feedback.I'm going to post 1-2 examples of a hairstyle I'd like to see for each race Including facial hair options for males.

Human Male

1. Curly Hair
  2. Long, full beard

Human Female

1. Victory Rolls w/BANGS
  2. Dreads with Jeweled Accessories (Like Nightfall hairstyles)
  3. Up-do With shapely bangs
  4. Long dresses with bangs

Sylvari Male I'm going to use pictures I think should be used for inspiration as Sylvari Beards, which is what they lack

1. Full-Bloom Flowery Beard
  2. Beautiful Bloomed Beard

Sylvari Female

1. NPC Sylvari Hair we don't have yet
  2. Long, wispy Sylvari Tresses
  3. French-Braided Pigtails
  4. Up-do with Flower peak & Bangs

Norn Male It was hard not to get thirsty searching over these muscular, manly men

1. Beautifully braided beards
  2. Braided Twin-Tail beard
  3. Clasped Braided Handlebar

Norn Female

1. Braided Halo w/flowing curls
  2. Wavy Bob-cut w/BANGS
  3. Long Ponytail wrapped in a braid

Charr Female For both Male & Female Charr, I'm going to post Hair inspiration.

1. Jeweled Dreads
  2. Ribbon-Wrapped Dreads
  3. Braided & Feathered Dream catcher
  4. Baby Braided Buns

Charr Male

1. Separated Mohawk
  2. Clasped-long Dreads
  3. Dreadlock Mohawk

Asura Female

1. Double-Hot bun w/ Length
  2. Side Bun with some Bang
  3. Curly-Cotton Ball

Male Asura

1. Long Locks
  2. Top-Knotch Bun

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite parts about Path of Fire was when we got a bunch of new Elonian-themed options in the lead up to the expansion. I made an Elonian character immediately and really enjoyed it (even if I haven't played them much). I don't have any specific ideas off the top of my head, but I would definitely love to see more options added, especially things that tend to get neglected and fall behind like the beards.

@"animositisomina.2931" said:Sylvari are plants... why would they even be able to grow beards?

Same way they grow "hair"

Back to the topic, I strongly support this idea, even though I'm quite happy with my characters design.If not new faces, at least new beards, hair and horns for charr and tattoo for the norn

Edit: g7m9bvd1o6z21.jpg

Please, please, please give us streaks in human hairs? A male haircut with gray at the temples, or a female hair with the Polgara streak would be so awesome. Having the ability to see graying effects in humans would be epic, since real hair, you know, DOES that, and we have older faces available.

@animositisomina.2931 said:

@animositisomina.2931 said:Sylvari are plants... why would they even be able to grow beards?

kitten.

They don't grow hair, they grow branches and leaves.

There, you answered you own question.

Leaves are not hair. Twigs are not a beard.

What about leaves and twigs that resemble a beard. Or in short, because that's way too obnoxious to type every time: a beard

Because by your logic, they don't have arms legs fingers, etc, because they are plantlike.

@animositisomina.2931 said:Sylvari are plants... why would they even be able to grow beards?

kitten.

They don't grow hair, they grow branches and leaves.

There, you answered you own question.

Leaves are not hair. Twigs are not a beard.

The character creation screen disagrees with you: it explicitly describes the range of head leaves available to sylvari as "hair styles".

@Chasind.3128 said:New Hairstyles/ Beards > Another Chair Skin

Disagree. They're equal. There's a good chance I wouldn't like any of the new options nor the new chair. Turns out I like the chair. So I don't begrudge it for existing as opposed to new hair/beards.

If we got some of your examples VS the new skyscale chair we did get, I'd regret not having the skyscale chair. But you know. Opinions and all that. YMMV.

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:Because by your logic, they don't have arms legs fingers, etc, because they are plantlike.

Nonsense. Of course they have limbs, and you know that isn't what I meant.

At any rate, I think I'm too hung up on it looking like human facial hair. But I think it could work if it looked more like grass or tree roots.

Example:https://gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/gallery/treebeard-sideshow-collectibles/9447_press02-001.jpg

@"FrizzFreston.5290" said:Because by your logic, they don't have arms legs fingers, etc, because they are plantlike.

Nonsense. Of course they have limbs, and you know that isn't what I meant.

At any rate, I think I'm too hung up on it looking like human facial hair. But I think it could work if it looked more like grass or tree roots.

Example:

I don't think anyone expected human hair, but rather a plantlike version of it. So I wasnt quite sure what you meant with them not having beards and hair, because they already do, even if it is leaves or cactus spikes or whatever.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Sylvari_male_faces.jpg

they've really forgotten all about adding new cosmetics, I would LOVE to see some new ones.It's been over a year for any of them. But wait they give us the same colors for hair and eyes in slightly different tints and tones - so that's the same right? (sarcasm)Hairstyles/cosmetics like this mentioned above are LONG over due. But backwings and mount skins sell more. So we won't be getting any of this for a few more years if even ever.

Personally, I'd want more viking/nordic hairstyles for Norn, something that couldn't be traded with humans at all.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

Disagree. They're equal. There's a good chance I wouldn't like any of the new options nor the new chair. Turns out I like the chair. So I don't begrudge it for existing as opposed to new hair/beards.

If we got some of your examples VS the new skyscale chair we did get, I'd regret not having the skyscale chair. But you know. Opinions and all that. YMMV.

Can't really compare when there are 0 new hairstyles to begin with vs a new chair skin. js.

I very much want to see new hairstyles and cosmetic options — maybe even sliders for more things, including make-up (for both male and female, thank you).

As for chairs, I have zero interest in any of them because they’ve nothing to do with character expression and interaction. In SWTOR, chairs or seated emotes were part of the larger collection of emotes and featured things like leaning back in a casual posture as versus leaning forward with a look of intensity — some also featured a unique chair but the focus was on the character. The chairs in GW2 are... giant bling, I guess?

@SnowHawk.3615 said:

Can't really compare when there are 0 new hairstyles to begin with vs a new chair skin. js.

Sure I can. I compared to the hairstyles that OP presented. Nothing they posted really interests me whereas I quite like the new chair. If we had actual hairstyles and knowledge of a chair that never came to be, I could use that as a point of reference.

If we had hairstyles not comparable to what the OP posted VS the chair we did get maybe I might like one of the hairstyles instead? Not likely. I'm fairly content with my look, personally. But maybe. You never know. :)

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

Sure I can. I compared to the hairstyles that OP presented. Nothing they posted really interests me whereas I quite like the new chair. If we had actual hairstyles and knowledge of a chair that never came to be, I could use that as a point of reference.

If we had hairstyles not comparable to what the OP posted VS the chair we did get maybe I might like one of the hairstyles instead? Not likely. I'm fairly content with my look, personally. But maybe. You never know. :)

Then post the hairstyles you'd rather see- That was the point of this thread- the resources put into making the chair skins could be put into giving us better makeover kit cosmetics.

@SnowHawk.3615 said:they've really forgotten all about adding new cosmetics, I would LOVE to see some new ones.It's been over a year for any of them. But wait they give us the same colors for hair and eyes in slightly different tints and tones - so that's the same right? (sarcasm)Hairstyles/cosmetics like this mentioned above are LONG over due. But backwings and mount skins sell more. So we won't be getting any of this for a few more years if even ever.

Personally, I'd want more viking/nordic hairstyles for Norn, something that couldn't be traded with humans at all.

Yes, I've already given up seeing new additions to makeover kits but I still try to show my support of them by making these threads. I too, would love to see more race bound hairstyles - not crossover ones.