Some stat-selectable items did not get reset by the patch. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Some stat-selectable items did not get reset by the patch.

zaery.6478zaery.6478 Member ✭✭
edited May 28, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

It seems to be character specific rather than item specific. I have Black Ice Bands, Icebrood Horn Backpacks, Mist Talismans and Black Ice Earrings that did get reset, and some that still have their stats from before the patch.

The characters that I play most often did get reset, but the ones I rarely play did not. I've used all of my characters in the last 48 hours to flax farm.

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

Can confirm. It's weird that some items of the same variant reset while others didn't... What gives?

Edit:
    It isn't character-specific since there are trinkets that are in my bank that reset and didn't, and some of the trinkets my characters are wearing reset and some didn't.
    It's just totally random....

Apathy is death.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

@borgs.6103 said:
    Can confirm. It's weird that some items of the same variant reset while others didn't... What gives?

Same here! Was frustrated when I saw this.

• Jaesin.7483Jaesin.7483 Member ✭✭

My first thought was those items that had core stats chosen did not reset and those with expansion stats did... but I have now noticed I have a harrier stat and Grieving that remained as well. It just seems very inconsistent and random.

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

Same. A lot of the Ineffable gear I've made has not been reset, but on another storage character, two full sets were reset. Would like everything that was supposed to be affected reset properly so I can assign them.

Addendum: Not all of my LWS3 trinkets reset, but some did. None of my crafted fractal selectable armor reset. No weapons either.
    Not sure what happened. ?_?

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

I noticed that items stored in invisible bags are affected by this "bug". ANet might want to check their code to see if this makes problems later or not.

• zaery.6478zaery.6478 Member ✭✭

Super weird that everyone has different qualifications. I had many items in invisible bags that did get reset. My items that didn't get reset were berserker, assassin, minstrel, magi, and commander. For all of those stats, I have something that did get reset as well. All my diviner and viper stuff got reset(except stuff like dagnar's badge, which wasn't supposed to reset anyway).

• Same here. Berserker's, Assassin's, Rabid, Valkyrie's, Rampager's and Cleric's didn't reset. Viper's, Minstrel's and Harrier's did.

• Aetatis.5418Aetatis.5418 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

old stats (a zerker skull backpack was reset), new stats. (still some harriers without reset) LWS 4 trinkets
    equipped, visible bags, invisible bags, bank.
    doesnt matter. some did reset, some didnt.

only LWS 4 trinkets seem to be consistent. they were not affected by the reset. in my case

• opie.5467opie.5467 Member
    edited May 28, 2019

Ditto for me too. Over 14 toons, only gear and items that previously had viper stats got reset. Berserker, assassin and even sinister stats remained. I’m talking same exact item on a different toon.

• trixantea.1230trixantea.1230 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

Mistcleaver and Regrown Caladbolg weapons for example aren't affected by this patch.

• Maya.7321Maya.7321 Member
    edited May 28, 2019

One of my Caladbolgs did reset, the other didn't... the one that didn't is berserker's '-'
    I see my comment is useless, but i don't know how to delete it >.<''

• Also seeing some of my asc bitterfrost frontier/dragonfall gear didn't reset, some did.

• LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭

From what Kitty can confirm from her massive gear stash, the trinkets from following stat sets got reseted:
    Minstrel's, Viper's, Trailblazer's, Commander's, Seraph's
    From earlier mentioned stat sets, Harrier's raid, mist and fixed stat trinkets didn't reset.
    Also, some other random pieces of equipment had stats reseted in those stat sets but Kitty failed to figure out the logic. Viper's Caladbolg was among them.
    Seraph's stat-selectables gears of any kind from Assaulter's stat set got reseted ofc. (since Seraph's isn't part of Assaulter's anymore)
    And guess who needs to buy 2,5 new sets of armor (+some piles of runes) due to that thing happening? Yush. Kitty. She really should've bought dem seraph's gears from some other stat set.

It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, Kittymarks test results at youtube.com/Kittymarks and tinyurl.com/Kittymarks and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 .

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was surprised that not a single item of gear on my main character was reset. (Lots of different stats.)
    I have not checked any other gear, so far.

• Joey.4369Joey.4369 Member

Just got a game update. I was hoping this was one of the things fixed. Unfortunately, none of my main character's items with selectable stats have been reset since the main patch.

• Apparently:

• Reset if you had non-core stats
    • No reset if you had core stats.

As I typed elsewhere, since two weeks ago, I didn't expect to be able to reset stats on any of these items, I am glad that I can reset some.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

Same and it’s definitely not character specific. I had one character where none of the black ice accessories were reset but a bloodstone ruby ring was. On another character, black ice, petrified wood, everything, was reset. I had Diviner stats get reset and also some Viper and Minstrel but not Magi. It isn’t a huge deal and I’m still grateful for the stat changes, but I confess I had hoped to swap some of those Magi accessories to Harrier.

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭

Ornate Guild Armors (Marauder): All reset.
    Ornate Guild Armors (Carrion): None reset.

According to various reports, it seems core stats are generally not reset.

^^

• Soon.5240Soon.5240 Member

One of my Toons had equipped a Dire Ascended Torch, and the stats need to be reset. However, I can only choose from Sentinel, Vigilant and Sinister. This by itself is not so bad. I have a Dire Inscription and can just throw the Torch in the Mystic Toilet and reset. However, it is annoying that I also have a Superior Sigil of Bursting which will most likely get destroyed in the Mystic reset (the current price for Bursting on TP is about 5g 50s). As a long time player, I have plenty of gold, so I'm just more annoyed than anything.

Am I missing something?

• Kuulpb.5412Kuulpb.5412 Member ✭✭✭

TBH Gw2 should just do a Game Wide ascended stat Reset, make EVERY ascended item that is already owned by players stat selectable, so any crafted after the "wipe" isn't reset, but this would fix issues people have while also letting people who do not have many ascended items have a different set for what they need instead, such as a lot of people may have gotten the ascended boxes from fractals and not gotten the right stats and just chosen some, making ALL Ascended reset would solve this issue. The Only issue from this as far as I can see are people who would claim that "They had to work hard/spend money for a stat and now everyone gets it free" and all I can say to that is the stats were always available to everyone and you didn't need to spend gold to farm them when you could just get lucky.

@BlueJin.4127 said:
    Ornate Guild Armors (Marauder): All reset.
    Ornate Guild Armors (Carrion): None reset.

According to various reports, it seems core stats are generally not reset.

My viper's rings didn't reset and viper isn't core, so I can only say that it's a bit random what got reset, not necessarily " general rule" for core stats

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    Apparently:

• Reset if you had non-core stats
    • No reset if you had core stats.

As I typed elsewhere, since two weeks ago, I didn't expect to be able to reset stats on any of these items, I am glad that I can reset some.

Not the case, My knight's Mawdrey got reset and my Viper raid rings didn't get reset.

• @Kuulpb.5412 said:
    Not the case, My knight's Mawdrey got reset and my Viper raid rings didn't get reset.

Well that's even odder. Okay, there's no pattern?

Regardless: I stand by my statement that I'm glad that any of my gear was reset, since two weeks ago, I didn't think any of it would be.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

@Kuulpb.5412 said:

Regardless: I stand by my statement that I'm glad that any of my gear was reset, since two weeks ago, I didn't think any of it would be.

TBH I thought all stat swap ascended items would be reset, and I even hoped ALL ascended would be reset just so that people could choose because of the entire choice rework and moving stats, so people who make viper gear could change that if they so wished etc., I do not know if this is buggy or intended but not all has been reset as is obvious by this thread.

edited May 29, 2019

@Kuulpb.5412 said:

Yeah, talking to guildies, can’t find out any pattern to what did or did not reset.

I certainly agree with you, @Illconceived Was Na.9781, and especially glad that new accessories we buy from LW maps can be any stat! =)

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2019

Beware that transmuting (skinning), an item also seems to mess it up, as the game does not recognise the item as stat-selectable anymore. This is why no stat-selectable fractal or raid armor resets, because almost no one keeps the default skins.

The only skinned item that reset for me was a Mawdrey that was transmuted to a Wind Catcher.

Daisuki[SUKI] Founder | Mains Mariyuuna | ♀♥♀
    Akarissa, Auratashi, Hanamariko, Kanasuki, Kokonomori, Korisaki, Manakuro, Sarehtori, Terakura, Yukianna
    Alice Ryven, Alisha Kei, Baxia Tres, Caelia Flamestrike, Kiryka Darkwillow, Rikka Rowe, Tawni Rosemary, Thea Lux

@Hannelore.8153 said:
    Beware that transmuting (skinning), an item also seems to mess it up, as the game does not recognise the item as stat-selectable anymore. This is why no stat-selectable fractal or raid armor resets, because almost no one keeps the default skins.

The only skinned item that reset for me was a Mawdrey that was transmuted to a Wind Catcher.

Nope. I think it has to do with the stats chosen prior to the reset. I have a bloody ruby backpiece transmuted to decorative molten jetpack and it reset. My Valkyrie, Harrier and Cleric trinkets didn't.

Apathy is death.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭

@borgs.6103 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:

Nope. I think it has to do with the stats chosen prior to the reset. I have a bloody ruby backpiece transmuted to decorative molten jetpack and it reset. My Valkyrie, Harrier and Cleric trinkets didn't.

People have already said in this thread that multiple items of the same stats did not get consistently reset..

Daisuki[SUKI] Founder | Mains Mariyuuna | ♀♥♀
    Akarissa, Auratashi, Hanamariko, Kanasuki, Kokonomori, Korisaki, Manakuro, Sarehtori, Terakura, Yukianna
    Alice Ryven, Alisha Kei, Baxia Tres, Caelia Flamestrike, Kiryka Darkwillow, Rikka Rowe, Tawni Rosemary, Thea Lux

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@borgs.6103 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:

People have already said in this thread that multiple items of the same stats did not get consistently reset..

Yeah, but then again I just remembered - I had a Berserker stat backpiece that reset. And people were saying Berserker stats didn't. I was so sure it had to do with stats, but this oddity disproved that. The backpiece that reset was an infused Warmaster's Pack - a free bakpiece from an HoT achievement.

Apathy is death.

• Caliboom.3218Caliboom.3218 Member ✭✭

Still waiting for them to be fixed, kinda want the change the stats on my Difluorite Earrings..

• Nikal.4921Nikal.4921 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2019

Some of my White Mantle Scrolls had stat reset and some did not. Stats varied. Happened on equipped as well as in bank. I have not been through all my characters yet, but this is what I noticed so far.

edited to add: Static Tempered Spinal Blades in bank, reset. Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades equipped, was not reset.

• Gaf.6709Gaf.6709 Member ✭✭

Anet Can you Plz. be kind enough to answer all of us confused players here in the chat, whether all the items you have "Forgotten" to reset, ar you planning to reset all the missing items soon, or not?

• I can't confirm this because I didn't even think to double check at the time, but I swear my black ice and sparking petrified earrings were reset but after I selected stats on some other items on the character they reverted and were not reset. Either way, current state is not reset.

Exploring Tyria since before the fall of Ascalon.

• I had full Viper armor on my warrior and now 3 pieces are Verata. And one malicious ring from VG too. o.O Didn't get chance to choose, they just switched. I can fix armor but not a ring... TT

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019

What I'm seeing is not random, but a pattern.

Marauder Ornate Guild Armors: Probably all reset. Some armors I have didn't reset, but they may not have been Ornate Guild Armors. I can't say for sure.
    Carrion Ornate Guild Armors: None reset.

Marauder LWS3 Trinkets: All reset.
    Viper LWS3 Trinkets: All reset.

LWS3 Ascended Breathers: None reset, regardless of stat (Berker and Viper).

Carrion Ornate Guild Armors were the only ones I needed reset, so all this reset did was waste my time, forcing me to reselect hundreds of items I didn't need reset.

^^

• Nor.2057Nor.2057 Member ✭✭

welp all my Ornate Guild Armors that were marauders were reset and can only select between berserker , rabid and knights this annoyed me cause i had my warrior ready for wvw but had to turn to rabid ( to salvage get expensive rune and maybe insignia)... no insignia with 6 blt kits and now i have to craft again marauder :/

• Ahratan.1098Ahratan.1098 Member ✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019

My fractal/mists ring/acces/amu with grieving stats did not reset. My LS3 viper stuff did reset. My alts’ crafting backpieces did reset.

Moreover, my infused ‘There with Yakkington’ backpiece with Mad Memories skin (details included in case it helps fix...) was reset from Soldiers stats, but now only has berserker/knight/rabid options! That is fewer options than before!

• edited May 30, 2019

Hi!

Not all attribute-selectable items were reset during this system update. We listed in the release notes most of the items that were not affected by this update because of their particular combination of attributes and the unaffected items didn’t get their attribute reset. They include, among other items:

• Crafted backpacks
    • Specialization armor and weapon rewards
    • Attribute combinations related to raids and fractals (Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious)

Thank you

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

• AllNightPlayer.1286AllNightPlayer.1286 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

• Attribute combinations related to raids and fractals (Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious)

This one seems to be the thing. I have multiple once selectable sets with core stats, which did not reset. Same sets with HoT stats did.

• @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Hi!

Not all attribute-selectable items were reset during this system update. We listed in the release notes most of the items that were not affected by this update because of their particular combination of attributes and the unaffected items didn’t get their attribute reset. They include, among other items:

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

Ah, that explains a lot! I went through 14 charas, a friend through about 20 or so, and only some of the equipment reset. I knew about the elite spec ones and crafted backpacks, but the others were confusing me.

Pardon me, I'm an Asura nut.

• @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Hi!

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

What people are saying is that identical items were affected differently. Some LS3 ascended trinkets were reset; some were not. None of those include crafted backpacks, reward items, or came from fractals.
    For example, according to some people, some viper's rings were resets; some were not.

• @Ahratan.1098 said:
    My fractal/mists ring/acces/amu with grieving stats did not reset. My LS3 viper stuff did reset. My alts’ crafting backpieces did reset.

Moreover, my infused ‘There with Yakkington’ backpiece with Mad Memories skin (details included in case it helps fix...) was reset from Soldiers stats, but now only has berserker/knight/rabid options! That is fewer options than before!

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

This one seems to be the thing. I have multiple once selectable sets with core stats, which did not reset. Same sets with HoT stats did.

There are a few items that were missed in the reset and will be reset in an upcoming hotfix. Sorry about that!

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

• gateless gate.8406gateless gate.8406 Member ✭✭✭

Hi!

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

What people are saying is that identical items were affected differently. Some LS3 ascended trinkets were reset; some were not. None of those include crafted backpacks, reward items, or came from fractals.
    For example, according to some people, some viper's rings were resets; some were not.

Indeed. There are numerous reports across the forums, ingame chat, and reddit, that identical items with identical stats were not all reset (some were, some weren't, despite being identical).

edited May 30, 2019

Hi!

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

I am confused as to why about half of my LWS3 accessories did reset and half did not (and it didn’t vary by type either, some black ice did reset, some did not, etc). I appreciated the chance to reset some items and I was happy with the stats I’d chosen on most anyway, but this has been puzzling me. :confused:

Anyway, thank you for making all of our stat options available on all LW accessories! =)

• Jaesin.7483Jaesin.7483 Member ✭✭

Hi!

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

We know this, the problem is there are so many items that do not follow this rule, it really is bugged.

• @gateless gate.8406 said:

Hi!

• Crafted backpacks

Thank you

Indeed. There are numerous reports across the forums, ingame chat, and reddit, that identical items with identical stats were not all reset (some were, some weren't, despite being identical).

What I noticed is all my skinned backpacks(all collections or bought) didn't reset while having core stats all others did ^^

• @DEV - will they PLEASE reset equipped ascended as well?

• Triumphant armor has a problem all reset except 1 item per set and it would have a random set of stats that were not part of the build

• So has this hotfix to reset items that weren't reset go through yet? I still have over half of my trinkets that weren't touched while the rest apparently were. Nearly every trinket/backpack I own is from LS3 so I assume those would have fallen under the realm of "these will be reset."

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.