Power block is bugged ?

praqtos.9035

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_BlockWhy this has an internal cooldown of 3+ seconds in pvp/wvw? Wasnt this supposed 3s interval only for pve? "This trait can only damage enemies with defiance bars once per interval."Why it doesnt crit now if has over 3 seconds icd?

Oh yes. Something to think about : Mirage gain as new auto-attack aka first skill ambush skill, which is can be power blocked. Meanwhile thief stolen abilities are not affected by power block at all .Shouldnt trait powerblock stolen skill as its not auto-attack but regular skill. And ambush NOT power blocked?

From more tests : doesnt do damage/weakness more often than once per 3 seconds but can apply 15s cd on skills. Doesnt work as intended anyway.Imo should do extra damage if target was immune to power block effect, except it was an auto attack. Looking at thieves

Power Block: The damage of this skill has been increased by 20% so that it now matches its tooltip. This trait can no longer critically hit foes.^ From the patch notes. Players dont have defiant bar. This trait must be fixed.I mean, should I just go to bug report section ? OR ?

How are you testing to see if it works or not? Also, do you have any footage from both players perspectives to show what is happening?

A grandmaster trait like this failing to function on players would be most unfortunate. Usually I do not use Domination, but have been interested it in more lately since picking up a one handed sword on mirage.

@Delofasht.4231 said:How are you testing to see if it works or not? Also, do you have any footage from both players perspectives to show what is happening?

A grandmaster trait like this failing to function on players would be most unfortunate. Usually I do not use Domination, but have been interested it in more lately since picking up a one handed sword on mirage.Why should I have a footage to prove something is bugged? Especially from both lolI didnt know myself even tho I was using it and noticed that skills I interrupt are not getting 15s cd but literally 3-4 seconds later.It was simple : grab a friend, he will spam autos,interrupt with mantra, he can breakstun or wait this 1.5s daze,then he continue to spam autos,u interrupt second time, no damage proc, just regular interrupt, no weakness either

Power Block does not work on Auto Attacks, at least the part with the increased cooldown - that only works for other Skills. If however there is an internal cooldown then yeah it is bugged and that is actually huge since it is a grandmaster and interrupt builds rely on that ability.

Example:You use mirage thrust to interrupt someone while they use their 4th Skill - dmg proc and the skill cooldonw is not on a 4s timer (i think it was 4 for any interrupt wasn't it?) but it is now on a 15s timer before he can use the skill again.Now in the same scenario after like 1s you Daze your opponent with F3 while he uses his heal skill as an example - dmg proc AND the skill cooldown is on a 15s timer.This is important. There can't be an ICD for enemy players for this, otherwise it is really a garbage Grandmaster Trait and keeping track of ICDs is completely a pain.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"Daccura.4769" said:I just described in OP an example, thats pathetic 1500 base damage once per 3 seconds IF you interrupt. If anything this should crit fo liker 6k as huge punishment,not pathetic 1.500

1500 damage is fine without an ICD on players, which it specifically says only an ICD on defiance bar enemies (PvE content).

"This trait can only damage enemies with defiance bars once per interval"

This does not apply to players, you are assuming without footage of it's failures. Meaning, unless you are showing it's broken in the way you describe, then you are just not using it appropriately. Yes autoattack abilities are not placed on a 10s CD, simply because that would be a bit odd to lock someone out of using basic attacks.

@Delofasht.4231 said:

@"Daccura.4769" said:I just described in OP an example, thats pathetic 1500 base damage once per 3 seconds IF you interrupt. If anything this should crit fo liker 6k as huge punishment,not pathetic 1.500

1500 damage is fine without an ICD on players, which it specifically says only an ICD on defiance bar enemies (PvE content).

"This trait can only damage enemies with
defiance bars
once per interval"

This does not apply to players, you are assuming without footage of it's failures. Meaning, unless you are showing it's broken in the way you describe, then you are just not using it appropriately. Yes autoattack abilities are not placed on a 10s CD, simply because that would be a bit odd to lock someone out of using basic attacks.Wrote about it alrdy but if you are blind I cant help you.

From more tests : doesnt do damage/weakness more often than once per 3 seconds but can apply 15s cd on skills. Doesnt work as intended anyway.Imo should do extra damage if target was immune to power block effect, except it was an auto attack. Looking at thieves ;)

The design of PB is ridiculous anyway. It is ineffective against 1 class (thief) because they have no CD. For some reason thief was designed originally as a hard counter class to mes. Look at consume plasma, out of all the steals against the classes they choose mes to give thief all boons in the game for a silly amount of time.

obviously power block would not work on autoattack (skill 1) else it would be a long duration daze

don't you think?

or having all weaponskills on cooldown, to get your autoatatck on a 15 sec cd so you can walk circles, sounds like a great idea

the icd also only is for pve, players have no breakbar.

it's literally the same as superior sigil of draining/absorbtion/you name it

@melandru.3876 said:obviously power block would not work on autoattack (skill 1) else it would be a long duration daze

don't you think?

or having all weaponskills on cooldown, to get your autoatatck on a 15 sec cd so you can walk circles, sounds like a great idea

the icd also only is for pve, players have no breakbar.

it's literally the same as superior sigil of draining/absorbtion/you name itYour comment make no sense at all, why you bother posting? (If OP confused you, I didnt mean it should powerblock autos but it blocks mirage ambush which takes place of auto)

@Vague Memory.2817 said:The design of PB is ridiculous anyway. It is ineffective against 1 class (thief) because they have no CD. For some reason thief was designed originally as a hard counter class to mes. Look at consume plasma, out of all the steals against the classes they choose mes to give thief all boons in the game for a silly amount of timeSteal happens roughly every 10 seconds and every 10 seconds he get 2 plasma...Like they desperately wanted thief to coutner cmirage,mirage got stomped to the ground,plasma is still even more busted than ever...And ofc thief is immune to chill/interrupts. Not like they dont have enough unstacasts

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Vague Memory.2817 said:The design of PB is ridiculous anyway. It is ineffective against 1 class (thief) because they have no CD. For some reason thief was designed originally as a hard counter class to mes. Look at consume plasma, out of all the steals against the classes they choose mes to give thief all boons in the game for a silly amount of timeSteal happens roughly every 10 seconds and every 10 seconds he get 2 plasma...Like they desperately wanted thief to coutner cmirage,mirage got stomped to the ground,plasma is still even more busted than ever...And ofc thief is immune to chill/interrupts. Not like they dont have enough unstacasts

Thief had consume plasma way before Mirage or Chrono when there were only vanilla specs. Bizarre thing is back then thief was hard counter to Mes, and they were almost impossible to fight 1 on 1. Power chono struggles against them now after several rounds of nerfing, but then again power mes has been degraded significantly and has problems against most classes and specs, especially condi.

@Vague Memory.2817 said:

Thief had consume plasma way before Mirage or Chrono when there were only vanilla specs. Bizarre thing is back then thief was hard counter to Mes, and they were almost impossible to fight 1 on 1. Power chono struggles against them now after several rounds of nerfing, but then again power mes has been degraded significantly and has problems against most classes and specs, especially condi.

Agreed... Unless you play vs peeps that have no idea what there doing, only chance is to Gs burst & hope you don't miss. But anything else other then that, has been put into the garbage.