PSA: Don’t be mad because Rev OUTSKILLED YOU

The hell is this thread-digging lol.

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:Tell us again about your top tier skillz is by bragging about your Wrath of the Lich King glory days where you mained Death Knight in a Death Knight+Holy Paladin duo when Death Knight alone made up 40% of the 2v2 population because of how broken it was in that era. Especially when me and Onarock dunked on you with Rogue+Priest every time we went head to head with your vastly superior comp.

Lmao, all those double plat armor setups were so funny, why would only one team-mate smash his keyboard with his head when there can be two team-mates smashing their keyboard with their heads! Fmage/Dlock here btw, enjoying gentleman CC-chain while holding whiskey in the hand.

PS: Rev used to be skill required class, nowadays i feel like it got a lil' bit...boosted

@suffish.4150 said:There’s still more high level revs than rangers :(

But yes rev damage is OP, but tbh what dps class DOESN’T have OP damage these days? At least you can shut down rev with focus from condi classes, but I do have to say if condi mirage and condi thief are nerfed to the point that they are not even viable (which is what I expect to happen) then there is gonna be a ton of forum threads complaining about rev after the balance patch.

You don't even need to be condi thief to kill a rev, any thief will do. Thief hard counters rev by a mile.Tbh everything basically counters rev in a pure 1v1 where no gank is possible. The only thing that imo makes rev stand out is because it is able to teleport 1800 range and people that have zero awareness will get hit by deathstrike taking a big chump of damage and then cry on the forums that rev does too much damage.

Revenant's most damaging skills are really easy to avoid, especially since the shackling wave cast time nerf.

What I would change though is reduce shackling wave's damage by 20-30%, revert cast time change and increase immobilize duration. Shackling wave should be more of a utility skill instead of a pure damage skillEDIT: I just realized this post was from 2018 why the fuck is it at the top of the forums

@Milan.9035 said:I have been againt and with both bry and jay amd i have to say you are both good and healthy for the rev community. I do agree rev damage is on the high side butmost classes are right now.

Also if you power rev and you lose 1v1 to a guard, holo, or warrior then i dont know what to say. But please no nerfs. Do some other stuff to rev please. Buff shield. Make it a condi cleanse offhand and that would make it a viable weapon amd would reduce damage.

I can spare some damage for survival.

Competent holo and warr players should never lose to a rev 1v1?

@Solori.6025 said:...Does Jay even play anymore? Lol

Yeah, I still play, but my new sports car takes up most of my free time at the moment

Also, tired of being firmly top 10 and having some random not even in top 250 argue with me over how to play the game lol.

Dunning Kruger is rampant in this game and on the forums.

PSA: Literally none of the Revs in the game playing are even mediocre imo so if any of you are crying over Rev at this point ... Yikes

I might as well not start farming people again. Don’t want anymore random -10% auto attack nerfs lnfao

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

@JayAction.9056 said:Recently there have been a few complaints on Rev specifically Rev damage.

First, I would like to point out that rev still has the LOWEST power damage and LOWEST power burst of ALL classes in a PVE environment. Yet, with that being the case rev still has pvp specific damage and CD nerfs to even further lower this damage.

Second, there are very few Revs that are playing consistently at high skill rating. If you are going to call something out for being OP pertaining to Rev you might as well from now on just say “XXX out skilled me and I want him nerfed.”

As we all know rev has the MOST EXPLOITABLE weaknesses of all classes. It’s quite easy to win against rev just by playing a certain way or a certain spec.

So for the sake of keeping things short; maybe from now on don’t call out rev. Call out the specific rev that farmed you, and state why this specific person is OP. No need to cry against Rev
insert laughing emoji

Imagine stroking your ego on the forums of a dead, unbalanced game where power creep has removed talent and skill entirely from the equation, and 90% of the competitive scene has moved on with their lives.

Ive been straight farming 99.9% of the games population since season 1 and I make more money than you in real life bro. Facts

Competitive scene??? You mean the guys getting farmed coming together and having some live shit show for the masses to watch?

Yeah bro that died long ago when they mostly started getting exposed during seasons.

The only way rev can do PvP is by running power (At least without hindering, or limiting themselves and being an easy target.)

• Power herald is our ONLY viable build for solo, actual pvp and anything outside of Support builds (Unless you count hammer, which is only good for zerg surfing.)
  • Top players are bad, simple. We don't have any of those top players from when this game was in the E-sports/actually competitive which means these players are either up and coming or are simply biased.
  • Support build is only good for bunkering (Not even that) but only really in WvW.
  • Condi can't even be used not unless you like being a loot pinata.
  • Renegade is trash outside of raids.

In reality Rev has the most limiting builds, and weapon choices as we only have one ranged weapon that is effective in Pvp and the rest is melee with only a few being good. (Sword, sword/Staff is ran for a reason.) This comes down to the rest of Rev still suffering and needing some love because at the moment we have so little that can actually be used in any competitive scene outside of PVE. Calling for a nerf is basically saying "Remove the class entirly from the competitive scene and don't allow it to be there." Because for a Long time it wasn't and honestly a good scourage or firebrand can easily kill a Rev. So can spell breaker, boonbeast and almost all of the PoF and HoT specs can as well. (Scrapper is a monster.) There are worse contenders out there, it's just the PvP scene is so small those revs who have stepped up are easier to notice because there are so few players within that game-mode let alone players worth knowing.

outskilling is fake news. it's playing the ultimate "got all the defense and damage/spawns all the available boons in the game/inflicts all the conditions in game/16k damage in one hit/block.invuln.evade for like 25 seconds/heals 50% health every 5 seconds" character in Unranked.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Who can get mad at a teleport bomb...i mean doesnt everyone have spider sence and perfect ability to dodge a instant teleport attack?

It isn't instant, deathstrike has 600 range and is a 'two part skill' meaning the first part (the shadowstep) needs to hit, if it does you'll cast another skill right after doing the devestating damage so if you didn't see that one coming I'm sorry but that's your fault. However Phase traversal van be combined with deathstrike to shadowstep to maximum 1800 range which also gives quickness so theres less time to react. BUT do this this combo - which hits for 4-8k depending on how much might the rev has (he won't have 25 if he didn't just come from a fight 2 seconds ago) - he needs to use 50 energy (which is the amount a rev starts at from out of combat) which then means the rev will not have any energy left to use another skill so autoattacks will be the only option (unless he is able to switch to glint ofcourse) but that puts a vital stunbreak on CD

In other words, Revenants are very vulnerable after such a combo that everyone seems to hate. If the Revenant does not have glint off CD a simple CC will be able to kill said Revenant because there will be no energy left for riposting shadows

Im more concernd about necros.They revive long dead topics.> @Falan.1839 said:

Probably Cookie, Wing and Trama got outskilled in mAT final to by double rev and that's why they lost every tf and only narrowly won the game over rotations, +1s and Boyce 1v1ing...

Somehow Rev always had the biggest lobby, stacking cry thread over cry thread when Condi Builds were giving it a hard time in late HoT despite still being meta in competitive teams, selling the revamp as a huge nerf and now defending the class when it's clearly the strongest teamfighter by miles and at the same time still able to duel some dedicated sidenoders, and comp with 2 or even 3 revs are getting amazing results in ATs, and double rev being among the strongest rank duos. But sure, a portengage with almost no tell that does 8k+ damage, slows and chills for 3s before it even hits and gives yourself fury and all that on a CD 15s with low energy cost is totally fine. And then some gold league hero comes along and agrees because he beat some monkey who couldn't press his heal in ranked while Vebryan, Pain or Sieki would wipe the flor with him in 3s, kitten.