What new stat sets do you want to see?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Celestial but with boon duration instead of condi dmg.

Just a thought, but why trade it out? What if they simply added concentration to the rest? Would it really make it more overpowered than the rest? I don't think it will take over the meta and replace berserker or viper. It might be a bit more competitive in the total though.

I agree with others though, currently the whole thing is a mess and there are a lot of stat combinations that they should probably take out to begin with. The difference in effectiveness is just so big it's not even funny. I suppose they never did really think about their attributes properly from the start because berserker was the go to set in vanilla already so back then it ruined the diversity already. It also is linked to overall balancing and I think that boon support is one of those things that've gotten way out of control and is way too important as it is. It's probably the reason they didn't just add it to celestial to begin with.

I'm actually not sure if the game released with concentration or was added later. Either way I think it was omitted from celestial on purpose because boons are such a powerful thing in structured group content or became such. I'm not a historian but I can't think of any other reason that they omitted concentration from celestial other than that it was considered too powerful. Considering that except for a handful of builds celestial is generally avoided in the meta, I would think that fear unfounded really, but maybe some of the theory crafters can comment on that.

As a side note, I think that stat combinations were generally created with certain classes in mind but they failed at making it work because berserker was just best for everyone in the end. I personally think that they could've avoided a lot of the balancing issues by actually restricting at least some of the stat sets to specific classes. I would've found it very interesting indeed if berserker was restricted to the warrior class for example. But anyways, I suppose that's all water under the bridge.

@syszery.1592 said:Major: PowerMinor: Power + Ferocity

(only two stats) <3 <3

I once considered something like this but figured it might make for a rather limited builds.

Then I thought, what if such equipment were limited to 1 item per build?

Maybe even some special stat combos that decrease a stat in exchange for something else being limited so you can mix and match various special pieces.

@Palador.2170 said:No sets, just all the stat points in one stat. Every stat gets a version.

Yes, this means that someone could put ALL of their stat gear points into just one stat. More power (heh) to them if they wish to. But it would also make mixing and matching simpler. Just decide what items will carry what stat to get the mix you want.

Or flexible stat point assignment in some multiple (maybe 15 points). Some stats might need to be weighted differently for balance.

• 2 months later...

This would not work for PvP I don't think, but what I'd love to see in general that would make me want to actually pursue legendary armor would be just a big stat pool in which we can allocate stats in any amount we choose out of the remaining stats in the pool.

Total control and freedom to have any stat combo in the amounts of our choosing would truly be "legendary".

I actually think the attribute system is kind of borked and needs to be reworked to something more streamlined and sensible. The last update wasn't bad, but it really didn't go far enough - a more comprehensive overhaul is overdue.

At this point there are so many stat combinations that we need to have better flexibility in assigning them. I've always advocated treating stat combos as account unlocks that could be freely assigned within specific categories of gear after unlocking them, at most just requiring a nominal gold cost. I never thought that "free stat choice" is a good enough carrot for legendaries, and that they should have some other incentive for acquisition that served as a form of horizontal progression - something like unique rune and sigil choices that were different but not better than the standard runes and sigils.

condition damageexpertiseprecisionconcentration

condi-variant of the now meta-diviner

why precision and not power some may ask?on crit chance to inflict condi x traits are more dps then an increase in power.

this would be a good set for renegade, chrono and druids

• 3 months later...

"Apostate"(Condition Damage), Healing Power, Toughness

"Barbarian"(Vitality), Power, Precision

"Dark Side"(Power, Ferocity), Precision, Expertise

"Dominatrix"(Expertise), Power, Condition Damage

"Utilitarian"(Concentration, Expertise), Healing Power, Precision

"... Broken"(Condition Damage, Healing Power), Toughness, Vitality

Sage and Wizard, too. Forgot what they were exactly.