Druid Support/Boons - Which ascended set?

cesmode.4257

So I finally have my druid max level and rolling through T2 fractals. I pretty much only plan to do fractals with him.
I've done the napkin maths and I THINK crafting marks and buying the ascended pieces from the vendor is the cheapest route regardless of what stat set I decide to select once I buy the pieces.

Now I need to decide, what stat to go with? Harrier? Minstrel? Magi?

I think I am torn between Harrier and Minstrel...do I go full heals and support with Minstrel or help out a bit with some Power DPS in Harrier. My take on it is that if Im building more to support, dont split the stats and just continue stacking heals, concentration, and my own survivability. But if Im capping easily on some of these stats, maybe its worthwhile to go harriers?

Thoughts?I'll be exclusively pugging (ugh).

I use harrier because I love having more offense with my support, however if you have no faith in PUGs minstrel will be better because you’ll be able to hard carry something fierce, and if you ever decide to try to force your way into a WvW Zerg minstrel is typically the best for support builds (granted people won’t want a Druid).

However, Minstrel does pretty much 0 damage, and in a group that is competent is going to lose a lot of its power since all you’re doing is healing and buffing, and in a group that’s good the healing won’t be AS needed, and your damage would be more appreciated.

TLDR harrier is certainly better, but minstrel is way safer for successful pug runs.

@Durzlla.6295 said:I use harrier because I love having more offense with my support, however if you have no faith in PUGs minstrel will be better because you’ll be able to hard carry something fierce, and if you ever decide to try to force your way into a WvW Zerg minstrel is typically the best for support builds (granted people won’t want a Druid).

However, Minstrel does pretty much 0 damage, and in a group that is competent is going to lose a lot of its power since all you’re doing is healing and buffing, and in a group that’s good the healing won’t be AS needed, and your damage would be more appreciated.

TLDR harrier is certainly better, but minstrel is way safer for successful pug runs.

Pretty much what I thought. I'll be pugging fractals. Wont be raiding at all. Small possibility ill take it into wvw.

Harrier still the play?

@cesmode.4257 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:I use harrier because I love having more offense with my support, however if you have no faith in PUGs minstrel will be better because you’ll be able to hard carry something fierce, and if you ever decide to try to force your way into a WvW Zerg minstrel is typically the best for support builds (granted people won’t want a Druid).

Pretty much what I thought. I'll be pugging fractals. Wont be raiding at all. Small possibility ill take it into wvw.

Harrier still the play?

Yes, Harriet is going to be stronger since you’ll still have the healing and concentration you need to do your role as a support, and will bring some damage.

Minstrel is really only good when you need to be an indestructible bulwark of healing and boons, which isn’t really needed unless your group is completely terrible.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Harrier still the play?

Yes, Harriet is going to be stronger since you’ll still have the healing and concentration you need to do your role as a support, and will bring some damage.

Minstrel is really only good when you need to be an indestructible bulwark of healing and boons, which isn’t really needed unless your group is completely terrible.

Full harrier, youre not worried about being squishy?

@cesmode.4257 said:

Harrier still the play?

Full harrier, youre not worried about being squishy?

Nah, we’ve got enough evades and heals, but If you want to have less harriers I’d do at least full harriers armor + weapons and then sub out some trinkets/backpack for Cleric or Minstrel or magi (your choice really)