Click Lag is another lingering issue

Vieux P.1238

I just love it when i click on my mouse or keyboard on skill's or abilities & having them not go off. I see it often on Twitch stream. PVP players clicking off in frustration a million times on keys but won't let it activate cuz lag is so prevalent in this game. Oh how Fun times to die from it.

Between balance & this should the top two issue's to be addressed before adding quality of life things that we can live with out for a bit. I mean it's been like this for 7 years now. Can someone actually work on some of the real issues? thx

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:oh wow its happening in pvp too? this happens in wvw but never heard of it in pvp. dang its really going down the crapper.

It always been problematic in pvp. Some days less, others more. How can you play competitive if skill's you click won't activate cuz of lag issues. This makes for painful playing & needs to be on top of fixes.

@bluri.2653 said:Sounds like ur internet lol

not necessarily a net issue if his net works fine but Gw2 has issues from time to time it might be a problem within the route to the server. which is not always his network issue. you see different worlds run on a different sets of servers lets say Tyria has 3 Magooma has 3 Elona has 3 to run all maps on it with several instances so if one set or instance is overflowed it might have issue with tracking back to user even tho his net might be sending msg properly

Now if You'll excuse me I will crawl back to my Nerd cave the sun light is hurting my skin

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@bluri.2653 said:Sounds like ur internet lol

Nope, not internet. Everyone has high speed. Works fine with everything else. Either they have issues with there servers or it's in there game coding.

Been like this since day 1.

Its the routing to the servers that are bad for you, not anets fault. Check pingplotter and see what route that has packetloss

Come on guys. VPN, routine servers? This can't be the fixes for keystroke lag problem in just 1 game. I would say yes if the issue was extended to all my gaming library, but it's not. I mean i don't have this issue playing Fortnite or other games. Why just Gw2? Come on..... i'm not the only one and this been an issue since day 1. It don't matter if you got a super rig of a PC cuz i see all the time some twitch streamers having the same problem. Solutions? plz

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Skill lag is anets way of balancing power creep. If people cant use skills then there is less outgoing damage. 100% intended.

Are you talking about casting time? or are you talking about deliberate lag on Anet part? Cuz what i'm talking about is keystroke lag where you have to bang on that key to eventually have that skill activate.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Skill lag is anets way of balancing power creep. If people cant use skills then there is less outgoing damage. 100% intended.

Are you talking about casting time? or are you talking about deliberate lag on Anet part? Cuz what i'm talking about is keystroke lag where you have to bang on that key to eventually have that skill activate.

I was just making a joke, ive seen skill lag in wvw where you cant activate anything for 20+ seconds, and its been a rare but annoying occurrence in pvp. Im pretty sure anet knows about this issue, and cant/wont do anything to fix it.