Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

got a reply yesterday asking me to provide screenshots of the errors i was getting, i did, now im still waiting for a new responce, i hope this is fixed soon, i was planing to use some of those gems to exchange to gold to help me with the skyscale collection and a new armor set for my elementalist

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Strange to encounter a gaming company that don't want our money. Most have any and all payment methods tested and verified before even releasing the game, whereas this game is several years old, and this still ain't fixed properly.I am not going to submit any reports on this, just too much hassle with waiting several days to be able to give you some money.

I just submitted a ticket on this myself. Was looking forward to buying the shrine guardian ears. So much for that.Also, as always, the ticketing system is an absolute, shameful mess. Constantly logs you out after you've signed in. It Fails the CAPTCHA authentication (and never prompts you to try and verify anything).It's almost like they dont WANT people to submit tickets...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation and impressed that this goes so far back in time without solutions, as evidenced by this thread.Anyway, rebooting PC and router did nothing for me.Gem cards are basically unobtainable where I live - the retailers they mention don't even operate here, and none of their websites even has gem cards...I'm assuming I'll miss the gem store deal that made me want to buy gems in the first place.

Bummer.

@zoejo.2317 said:I'm in the same situation and impressed that this goes so far back in time without solutions, as evidenced by this thread.Anyway, rebooting PC and router did nothing for me.Gem cards are basically unobtainable where I live - the retailers they mention don't even operate here, and none of their websites even has gem cards...I'm assuming I'll miss the gem store deal that made me want to buy gems in the first place.

Bummer.

You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link for assistance (as posted many times in this thread).

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@zoejo.2317 said:I'm in the same situation and impressed that this goes so far back in time without solutions, as evidenced by this thread.Anyway, rebooting PC and router did nothing for me.Gem cards are basically unobtainable where I live - the retailers they mention don't even operate here, and none of their websites even has gem cards...I'm assuming I'll miss the gem store deal that made me want to buy gems in the first place.

Bummer.

You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link for assistance (as posted many times in this thread).

Good luck.

I did. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, tried to buy gems today, tried using both card and paypal, got some errormessage that dissapeared before I could read more than "an error has occured". I have submitted a ticket, waiting for response. Posting here in case someone else has the same problem.I have no problem on my end. Bank works, card works.

Had the same problem every time I tried.It is very likely the same as with most who have that problem, not arenat side, but the bank they are using.For whatever reasons they do not allow some people due to unknown reasons to pay with CC for example. In my case a CC I use internationally without a problem.When you open a ticket, they tell the bank to allow you in, for a certain time (a week or so). If you do not buy in that time you have to open another ticket.Very annoying because it may happen that the thing you wanted is now not on sale anymore. Until some other thing is up againyoure window of opportunity might have passed already, meaning new ticket, rinse and repeat.Would be interesting how much money they are loosing because of this. For myself I have not buyed gems a few times because of exactly this.

• 1 month later...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below for assistance.

Good luck.

I just got done with the 'support'; They are completely incapable of solving this problem. Your only avenue for gem purchases is an outside company or just hoping the system decides you are trustworthy enough to grace you with the ability to spend money on their game. No other f2p model that I can think of has this issue and the people who should be able to solve it apparently can't.

While I just submitted this issue as a ticket, I wanted to ask if other players are still having this problem.I wanted to buy enough Gems to purchase the Primal Spirit Skin for the Jackal but both Paypal and the Credit card option return a error of "Unfortunately an error occurred. Please try again later!" which just repeats every time I try to use either of these methods.

The mentioned skin is a time limited skin and because of this error I am going to be forced to miss out on this skin. I am really hoping that Anet gets back to me before this skin is gone, otherwise they just lost my money for buying gems. :(

@"Phantoms Shadow.4512" said:While I just submitted this issue as a ticket, I wanted to ask if other players are still having this problem.I wanted to buy enough Gems to purchase the Primal Spirit Skin for the Jackal but both Paypal and the Credit card option return a error of "Unfortunately an error occurred. Please try again later!" which just repeats every time I try to use either of these methods.

The mentioned skin is a time limited skin and because of this error I am going to be forced to miss out on this skin. I am really hoping that Anet gets back to me before this skin is gone, otherwise they just lost my money for buying gems. :(

I just got done with support; I'll save you the time of waiting for them to reply and tell you what they told me.

1) They can't reveal why their system flags people because that is a security risk. They also are entirely incapable of doing anything about it.2) Your only options are to buy gem cards from a third party distributor, or just... wait until the system decides you are trustworthy enough to spend money on the game.

@Warkupo.1025 said:

@"Phantoms Shadow.4512" said:While I just submitted this issue as a ticket, I wanted to ask if other players are still having this problem.I wanted to buy enough Gems to purchase the Primal Spirit Skin for the Jackal but both Paypal and the Credit card option return a error of "Unfortunately an error occurred. Please try again later!" which just repeats every time I try to use either of these methods.

I just got done with support; I'll save you the time of waiting for them to reply and tell you what they told me.

1) They can't reveal why their system flags people because that is a security risk. They also are entirely incapable of doing anything about it.2) Your only options are to buy gem cards from a third party distributor, or just... wait until the system decides you are trustworthy enough to spend money on the game.

That makes just...no sense. No literal sense. Because I've bought gems in the past, with no problems what so ever. In the last 6 months at most. So somehow, magically, the system is just now...flagging my account as being "untrustworthy"?

....What?