(Spoilers) ANet Reveals Contents of 7th Birthday Gifts

After 7 years of playing this amazing game, It has me wondering when my toons turn 7 years old...will we get anything other than some crappy level scrolls or tomes of knowledge and some XP booster?

I have tons of tomes of knowledge and those scrolls as well as already level 80 toons.Can we get something like the Kralkatorik Dye set with a choice of what dye pack to get?what about Skin of choice (non legendary/precursor) for any armor/weapon/mount from the entire database?How about a free account upgrade of choice / account unlock like gadgets/toys of choice? (i would love a fractal tonic!)

The presents should reflect our playtime appreciation is all im asking for, nothing extravagant but definitely something better than what weve been getting thats NOT revolved around RNG.

Y1: Loyal title, mini jennah. (very jennah-rous)Y2: Veteran title, birthday blaster.Y3: Faithful title, birthday finisher, Selectable dye kit.Y4: Salwalt title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack.Y5: Relentless title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, 1 2 week lounge pass, 1 Guarenteed Wardrobe unlock.Y6: Devoted title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, 1 set of luminous armour, 1 Guarenteed wardrobe unlock.Y7: ???

So, If we look at the pattern, your guesses might not be that far off base.

If playing the game for seven years isn't reward enough for playing the game for seven years then it is unlikely that any birthday gift is going to make the difference . . .

That said I think it's a real challenge for anet to come up with rewards that will feel significant to those most jaded seasoned players while at the same time not allowing those accounts to separate themselves even further from newer accounts than they already have. I would argue the ap cap and mf nerf are evidence that anet sees a benefit in not allowing that gap to grow too large . . .

Lets see. Last year, we got...One free good looking armor set.2 free wep skins.Choice (not rng) of a dye among MANY dyesets, some of which are really, really expensive.Free backpack skin.Free lv 60 scroll (ye, could be better).

To me, its really not bad. Quite the opposite. And keep in mind that people have multiple toons that made 6th bday, meaning they got even more expensive dyes.

@Westenev.5289 said:Y1: Loyal title, mini jennah. (very jennah-rous)Y2: Veteran title, birthday blaster.Y3: Faithful title, birthday finisher, Selectable dye kit.Y4: Salwalt title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack.Y5: Relentless title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, 1 2 week lounge pass, 1 Guarenteed Wardrobe unlock.Y6: Devoted title, selectable dye kit, 5000 karma, 1 city backpack, 2 luminous weapons, 1 set of luminous armour, 1 Guarenteed wardrobe unlock.Y7: ???

So, If we look at the pattern, your guesses might not be that far off base.

Year 4 was also the mail carrier.I think this year we might get a glider though.

off course you are appreciated, thats why you get a present, handpicked by the devs. fully cathered to your wishes and desires.Irony besides, I find it rather opportunic to debate the gifte you possibly be getting, or even dare to express dislike when you get such a gift. You make it sound like it is a fundamental right to get a gift you like. In my personal standards, a humble attitude is more appropiate and I am gratefull for everything they want to give me.

My guess:1 time rewards:Another title, a choice of a city backpack, a choice of 2 luminous weapons, another luminous armor set + maybe one more thing.These are very clearly made so it takes a few years to get to a full set and will most likely continue untill we have that.

Repeatable rewards that all characters will get as they turn 7:Another selectable dye kit, birthday boosters, experience scroll, birthday card(karma) + 1 or 2 other things. The last 4 years we also got tp to friend, but given they put a perma one in gemstore, this one might change.

Nothing game changing. Usefulness depending on who you ask. But if you ask me its pretty good. Sure there is stuff I don't need but thats how it will always be for some people. It is a reward for just owning the game (and having at least 1 character) afterall. You could have gotten the game at release, dumped it, come back at any point in the future and still get the goodies... not sure how loyal that is.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:off course you are appreciated, thats why you get a present, handpicked by the devs. fully cathered to your wishes and desires.Irony besides, I find it rather opportunic to debate the gifte you possibly be getting, or even dare to express dislike when you get such a gift. You make it sound like it is a fundamental right to get a gift you like. In my personal standards, a humble attitude is more appropiate and I am gratefull for everything they want to give me.

I don't think there's any harm in giving feedback about what type of gifts you would find most useful or enjoyable, or maybe more importantly what is useless to you.

Last Christmas I made chocolate truffles as gifts for lots of people, and of course I wanted to know in advance if anyone couldn't eat any of the ingredients and whether they preferred dark or milk chocolate, if they liked ones with alcohol, or nuts, or cream. I didn't want to go to the trouble of making someone a gift only for them to make a show of thanking me and saying they'd enjoy it and then have to re-gift it or throw it away because they can't eat it.

I imagine it's much the same for Anet. Even if they give us something already in the game like the dye unlocks someone has to spend time working out what should go into the package. Unique things like the armour and weapon sets need to be designed, and I'm sure they'd prefer to spend their time designing something players will want.

Of course it's important to be civil about it, because it is a gift, but talking about what we would prefer and what we don't like could be useful feedback for them.

Im more interested to know if year 8 will give us a free level 80 booster or if Anet will skimp out on that cause they want to keep profiting on the gemstore ones :P

What would be really cool is if they release a special annual anniversary skin for each mount and give us a choice in which one we want.That would definitely keep people looking forward to the next year.