In Need of Good Revenants to run tests!

Dirame.8521

I need ANY Rev who thinks they know the class well to test out a build and give me some feedback? (I have tested it out myself but I am not good enough to really make it shine)I think the build is on the really powerful side of things because me with my noob brain were surviving for quite a while but not downing anything even though I would bring them low. Also my rotation game on Rev is atrocious and my positioning is even worse. (I am more of an Engineer you see, Holosmith ftw!) I want someone who actually plays the class to give me some feedback on how good it is after they run around with it.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Kallas_Mender - Written Guide of what I've found thus far.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXmnXMvNSum7JRZzVlst5rSY3cWJ4besklNlS9FyheoNAOgG4/HLylE-jJRhABKeKAYsMQePBAA2fAA - Rune of Aristocracy Variant

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXmnXMvNSum7JRZzVlst5rSY3cWJ4besklNlS9FyheoNAOgG4fHLylE-jJRMABgXGo5nAAA7P49pAAA - Rune of Air Variant

Feel free to ask questions about certain choices I've made. Everything has been meticulously thought out. Any suggestions will be welcome to!

What's the point of Aristocracy? Seems like a waste there when you could just do like Strength or Hoebrek or even Leadership and achieve the same thing without bringing all that condi damage for a build with no other condi stats or real any condi application (I guess aside from f3, razor claw, and the pittance of axe5). Like I could see it maybe if you were short bow meme'ing or even running corruption for condi xfers, but as it is...?

@narcx.3570 said:What's the point of Aristocracy? Seems like a waste there when you could just do like Strength or Hoebrek or even Leadership and achieve the same thing without bringing all that condi damage for a build with no other condi stats or real any condi application (I guess aside from f3, razor claw, and the pittance of axe5). Like I could see it maybe if you were short bow meme'ing or even running corruption for condi xfers, but as it is...?

Mainly for the synergy with Dwarven Battle Training. It means I won't have to think about might stacking just jump into a fight and boom, 25 stacks of might without much effort.

@"Dirame.8521" said:I need ANY Rev who thinks they know the class well to test out a build and give me some feedback? (I have tested it out myself but I am not good enough to really make it shine)I think the build is on the really powerful side of things because me with my noob brain were surviving for quite a while but not downing anything even though I would bring them low. Also my rotation game on Rev is atrocious and my positioning is even worse. (I am more of an Engineer you see, Holosmith ftw!) I want someone who actually plays the class to give me some feedback on how good it is after they run around with it.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Kallas_Mender - Written Guide of what I've found thus far.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXmnXMvNSum7JRZzVlst5rSY3cWJ4besklNlS9FyheoNAOgG4/HLylE-jJRhABKeKAAY/BQfCAMWGAA - Rune of Aristocracy Variant

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXmnXMvNSum7JRZzVlst5rSY3cWJ4besklNlS9Fyhe4fHLylsNAOgGA-jJRMABgXGw7TBAA7PQ/TAAA - Rune of Air Variant

Feel free to ask questions about certain choices I've made. Everything has been meticulously thought out. Any suggestions will be welcome to!

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Retribution_Kalla

I am not a good Renegade mind you, but every time I have tried to play Shiro/Kalla with sword/x I get farmed pretty hard. When I use shortbow/staff I can at least meme on people and have a surviving chance since the autoattack has great synergy with Impossible Odds & Soulcleave.

Wow, great minds think alike!We are fundamentally quite similar but we go slightly different ways with the build. I really like the idea with Rune of the Mad King, I'll see if I can fit that into the build somehow, may be change the way I might stack so that I can still achieve 25 stacks but also gain the benefit of those birds. I am sure it is great for fighting mesmers.

The differences though are that I've gone for countering boon spam with sigils whilst he has gone for condition removal and energy. I feel I don't need energy because, I have too many evades and block skills and I have near infinite vigor because of Brutal Momentum minor trait in the Renegade line. I've also gone for Condition tanking rather than outright condition removal because making people THINK they are winning is one way of turning a fight around. He likes Invocation and I prefer Devastation because, again, boon removal with Brutality can be the difference between beating a bunker Scrapper or not beating a bunker scrapper, and the extra 20% damage when a target is low when using Swift Termination is also a good option too if you feel you just need that bit of extra damage.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I am not a good Renegade mind you, but every time I have tried to play Shiro/Kalla with sword/x I get farmed pretty hard. When I use shortbow/staff I can at least meme on people and have a surviving chance since the autoattack has great synergy with Impossible Odds & Soulcleave.

Hmm, I find I get farmed because I just enjoy using the build sooo much I keep on fighting off point and I sometimes stop and stand in one place pressing buttons because I am not used to the flow of playing a Rev.At the points where I play it well, I feel unstoppable, at the points where I am trash, I feel like I could have pressed a button that I didn't press and it would've gone a lot better hehehe. But if you guys feel it's been done before then, oh well.

Wow, great minds think alike!We are fundamentally quite similar but we go slightly different ways with the build. I really like the idea with Rune of the Mad King, I'll see if I can fit that into the build somehow, may be change the way I might stack so that I can still achieve 25 stacks but also gain the benefit of those birds. I am sure it is great for fighting mesmers.

The differences though are that I've gone for countering boon spam with sigils whilst he has gone for condition removal and energy. I feel I don't need energy because, I have too many evades and block skills and I have near infinite vigor because of Brutal Momentum minor trait in the Renegade line. I've also gone for Condition tanking rather than outright condition removal because making people THINK they are winning is one way of turning a fight around. He likes Invocation and I prefer Devastation because, again, boon removal with Brutality can be the difference between beating a bunker Scrapper or not beating a bunker scrapper, and the extra 20% damage when a target is low when using Swift Termination is also a good option too if you feel you just need that bit of extra damage.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I am not a good Renegade mind you, but every time I have tried to play Shiro/Kalla with sword/x I get farmed pretty hard. When I use shortbow/staff I can at least meme on people and have a surviving chance since the autoattack has great synergy with Impossible Odds & Soulcleave.

Hmm, I find I get farmed because I just enjoy using the build sooo much I keep on fighting off point and I sometimes stop and stand in one place pressing buttons because I am not used to the flow of playing a Rev.At the points where I play it well, I feel unstoppable, at the points where I am trash, I feel like I could have pressed a button that I didn't press and it would've gone a lot better hehehe. But if you guys feel it's been done before then, oh well.

I played myself to legend with retri kalla 3 seasons ago and now ended up casually(no time to tryhard) plat 3 this season.