WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions.

Ryan.3675

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Players paid for PoF, they didnt pay for warclaw.Again, and so done making this point, players paid for the mounts. They are a feature of PoF and just like we paid for the "free" living story (cost for LS4 included in PoF, just like cost for LS3 was included in HoT and LS1-2 in GW2) we already paid for any "free" content that require the expansion. Its called payment in advance or for a service.

That would be correct
if you knew what you'd be getting ahead of time when you purchased the expansion
. But to say you paid in advance for warclaw is bs. It's a WvW exclusive mount with the only thing PoF bringing to WvW is imbalanced elite specs. It wasnt a expansion centered around bringing mounts to WvW, it was strictly a PvE decision.

The fact its behind a p2w wall is poor planning and implementation. Almost feels as though those who say "I paid for it" really need a elite spec + a fast moving, CC immune, 10k shield to have an advantage against f2p core class players. It's pretty pathetic.

So, the fact that Gliders were added into WvW after HoT was not a clue that WvW was going to get Mounts after PoF to you? I hope you have an adult managing your money.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Or, you could just get the xpac and be competitive, because F2P accounts do not have elite specs either and are therefore free bags in WvW.

Or they could balance there game, not force players to purchase a expansion for elite specs that are supposed to be choices and not direct upgrades and encourage players to purchase the game for better PvE content and interesting events.

Just a thought.

Or, you could realize this is a MMO and not a MOBA/Fortnite game and that Xpacs are expected part of the game. F2P is NOT expected to be the whole game, it's a very extended free preview.

This is why I never wanted it to go free to play, because this kind of entitlement was what we were going to get.

Buy the Xpacs, support the game, and stop being free bags in WvW.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Players paid for PoF, they didnt pay for warclaw.Again, and so done making this point, players paid for the mounts. They are a feature of PoF and just like we paid for the "free" living story (cost for LS4 included in PoF, just like cost for LS3 was included in HoT and LS1-2 in GW2) we already paid for any "free" content that require the expansion. Its called payment in advance or for a service.

That would be correct if you knew what you'd be getting ahead of time when you purchased the expansion. But to say you paid in advance for warclaw is bs. It's a WvW exclusive mount with the only thing PoF bringing to WvW is imbalanced elite specs. It wasnt a expansion centered around bringing mounts to WvW, it was strictly a PvE decision.

The fact its behind a p2w wall is poor planning and implementation. Almost feels as though those who say "I paid for it" really need a elite spec + a fast moving, CC immune, 10k shield to have an advantage against f2p core class players. It's pretty pathetic.

you clearly don't understand the difference between pay 2 win and pay 2 playthis game isn't free, the core game is just a demo if you want to play, pay like the rest of us. and stop whining you aren't getting free stuff cuz u want it, if you want to play f2p games then go play f2p games

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

That would be correct
if you knew what you'd be getting ahead of time when you purchased the expansion
. But to say you paid in advance for warclaw is bs. It's a WvW exclusive mount with the only thing PoF bringing to WvW is imbalanced elite specs. It wasnt a expansion centered around bringing mounts to WvW, it was strictly a PvE decision.

So, the fact that Gliders were added into WvW after HoT was not a clue that WvW was going to get Mounts after PoF to you? I hope you have an adult managing your money.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Or, you could just get the xpac and be competitive, because F2P accounts do not have elite specs either and are therefore free bags in WvW.

Or they could balance there game, not force players to purchase a expansion for elite specs that are supposed to be choices and not direct upgrades and encourage players to purchase the game for better PvE content and interesting events.

Just a thought.

Or, you could realize this is a MMO and not a MOBA/Fortnite game and that Xpacs are expected part of the game. F2P is NOT expected to be the whole game, it's a very extended free preview.

This is why I never wanted it to go free to play, because this kind of
entitlement
was what we were going to get.

It being a MMO has nothing to do with anything. This is a game that adds expansion packs with no level increase so no matter what everyone will be able to interact with eachother. Meaning games that do offer expansions packs add the content after the previous level cap which seperates interaction from players who own and dont own the expansion. WoW is a great example of this.

Again f2p players arent asking for the entire game.

Even when Gliders were added to WvW it was met with controversy and even then it wasnt a p2w feature as everyone was able to fight it and wasnt as much of a balance breaking feature since it only worked in places you owned.

Mounts on the other hand are the opposite, they offer a far greater advantage because it comes with a burst attack, cc immunity, and a 10khp buffer.

They also have the option of not paying, finding another game, and letting your game population go to a bland state which would actually require the non realistic alliance system. The thing that may never come.

@PervMonk.4891 said:

you clearly don't understand the difference between pay 2 win and pay 2 playthis game isn't free, the core game is just a demo if you want to play, pay like the rest of us. and stop whining you aren't getting free stuff cuz u want it, if you want to play f2p games then go play f2p games

What is pay 2 win then?Is it paying for a advantage?If you purchase Expansion packs are you not receiving those advantages?Is there not a gem store in the game to rake in the support of players without forcing its players to pay for a advantage in WvW?

The game is free. The balance breaking expansion pack isnt.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:They also have the option of not paying, finding another game, and letting your game population go to a bland state which would actually require the non realistic alliance system. The thing that may never come.And also they have the option to buy the expansion and get its mount features both in PvE and WvW. So there is plenty of options available, yes. You can argue p2w all you want, its doesnt change anything.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

That would be correct

Just a thought.

This is why I never wanted it to go free to play, because this kind of
entitlement
was what we were going to get.

It being a MMO has nothing to do with anything. This is a game that adds expansion packs with no level increase so no matter what everyone will be able to interact with eachother. Meaning games that do offer expansions packs add the content after the previous level cap which seperates interaction from players who own and dont own the expansion. WoW is a great example of this.

Again f2p players arent asking for the entire game.

Even when Gliders were added to WvW it was met with controversy and even then it wasnt a p2w feature as everyone was able to fight it and wasnt as much of a balance breaking feature since it only worked in places you owned.

Mounts on the other hand are the opposite, they offer a far greater advantage because it comes with a burst attack, cc immunity, and a 10khp buffer.

They also have the option of not paying, finding another game, and letting your game population go to a bland state which would actually require the non realistic alliance system. The thing that may never come.

What is pay 2 win then?Is it paying for a advantage?If you purchase Expansion packs are you not receiving those advantages?Is there not a gem store in the game to rake in the support of players without forcing its players to pay for a advantage in WvW?

The game is free. The balance breaking expansion pack isnt.

i can't continue discussion with someone that thinks buying expansions is pay 2 win lolif you want to see some p2w games take a look at black desert.and again gw2 has never been f2p, the core game is just an infinite demoyou're just a leecher who wants everything for free and when the game shuts down due to lack of revenue. you just move to the next game and demand them to give it to you for free.and as i said again if you want free games go play free games

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:They also have the option of not paying, finding another game, and letting your game population go to a bland state which would actually require the non realistic alliance system. The thing that may never come.And also they have the option to buy the expansion and get its mount features both in PvE and WvW. So there is plenty of options available, yes. You can argue p2w all you want, its doesnt change anything.

And thats where the poor implementation comes. They require a 30 dollar entry fee to be competitive in a mode just for a mount that shouldnt have been in the mode to begin with. 1 patch pretty much threw a extra gate on anyone who may have been even slightly interested in the game for the WvW.

Plenty of options? Nope, just one and thats to pay.

@PervMonk.4891 said:

i can continue discussion with someone that thinks buying expansions is pay 2 win lolif you want to see some p2w games take a look at black desert.and again gw2 has never been f2p, the core game is just an infinite demoyou're just a leecher who wants everything for free and when the game shuts down due to lack of revenue. you just move to the next game and demand them to give it yo you for free.and as i said again if you want free games go play free games

If you think there is only 1 variation of p2w I can understand why you cant continue the discussion.

Perfectly fine with that.

Also an F.Y.I: I do own the expansions, Im a person who would prefer a highly populated balanced game. Sorry if I want healthy changes while your ok with sinking in your pool of bad decisions.

@PervMonk.4891 said:

That would be correct if you knew what you'd be getting ahead of time when you purchased the expansion. But to say you paid in advance for warclaw is bs. It's a WvW exclusive mount with the only thing PoF bringing to WvW is imbalanced elite specs. It wasnt a expansion centered around bringing mounts to WvW, it was strictly a PvE decision.

Core game wasn't always a demo, it was a full priced game once upon a time.They gutted core content with HoT so badly they pretty much had to make it F2P.

@"iKeostuKen.2738" said:Plenty of options? Nope, just one and thats to pay.Which is how paying for stuff works.

Or what, do you go into a games store, get to the register after having picked up a random game and go "what do you mean I only have the option to pay for this or not get it, where is the third option?!?!"?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"iKeostuKen.2738" said:Plenty of options? Nope, just one and thats to pay.
Which is how paying for stuff works.

Or what, do you go into a games store, get to the register after having picked up a random game and go "what do you mean I only have the option to pay for this or not get it, where is the third option?!?!"?

Your reply seems really out of context, and your example doesnt really work.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Plenty of options? Nope, just one and thats to pay.

Your reply seems really out of context, and your example doesnt really work.How exactly is it out of context and dont work?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Your reply seems really out of context, and your example doesnt really work.How exactly is it out of context and dont work?

Because purchasing the expansion is not plenty of options for people who want to participate in WvW.

The reason why your example doesnt work is because your comparing a game store which is the supplier to a game company who creates and regulates content.

Your then comparing a f2p game with a game you have to purchase. Why is the person going to a store to buy a game with no money?

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Because purchasing the expansion is not plenty of options for people who want to participate in WvW.

The reason why your example doesnt work is because your comparing a game store which is the supplier to a game company who creates and regulates content.

Your then comparing a f2p game with a game you have to purchase. Why is the person going to a store to buy a game with no money?So whats the argument here? That f2p games should be... entirely free? Because people dont have money?

Thats not how f2p work in any game. Something always cost. Thats why we call it f2p, rather than simply just a free game. You seem to mix up the two.

GW2 f2p is gimped in many ways because its a demo. Limited BL access. Should we give that for free too? Should we give access to the revenant as well? F2p players are at a disadvantage! Map chat! Dear lord they dont have map chat!!! Lets give them the ability to rent map chat.

Raids, how do they survive without them? We need a f2p raid pass! Hell they cant even post om the forums for kittens sake. An 1200 gem option that give 1 month access to the forum perhaps. Oh oh that could also be how we solve the mounts! Rent them for a month for 800 gems.

Wait they cant convert gold to gems either. Because its a limited f2p account missing basic features.

Nevermind.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Your then comparing a f2p game with a game you have to purchase. Why is the person going to a store to buy a game with no money?So whats the argument here? That f2p games should be... entirely free? Because people dont have money?

Thats not how f2p work in
any
game. Something
always
cost. Thats why we call it f2p, rather than simply just a free game. You seem to mix up the two.

GW2 f2p is kitten in many ways because its a
demo
. Limited BL access. Should we give that for free too? Should we give access to the revenant as well? F2p players are at a disadvantage! Map chat! Dear lord they dont have map chat!!! Lets give them the ability to rent map chat.

Raids, how do they survive without them? We need a f2p raid pass! Hell they cant even post om the forums for kittens sake. An 1200 gem option that give 1 month access to the forum perhaps. Oh oh that could also be how we solve the mounts! Rent them for a month for 800 gems.

Wait they cant convert gold to gems either. Because its a
limited f2p account missing basic features

Nevermind.

That's where the context is lost. This is pertaining to a mount in WvW, no one is asking for f2p players to have access to all the content in the game.

Your also forgetting that this not only effects F2P players but Core and HoT players as well.

Understand the context, stop pushing the boundaries of what's being asked for.

The problem is not only for F2P people but also those who bought, let's say, the collector's edition, so they have a FULL game paid 150 € and cannot use mounts in WvW (or PVE) another strange nonsense is that you could have a F2P or Core account, You can spend tons of € in gem store but you can't have mounts or glide, this from a marketing point of view it's a suicide btw seems no one @ANet understand this point.Just imagine that even for red masteries (kryta masteries) You must have HOT! or for 1st gen legy! or to interact with some npc on your Guild Hall you MUST have HOT (but why!)Instead of binding many feature to expansion purchase that is one shot, why don't for example have also a threshold on gem purchase, this is more in line with a customer that really support the game.In short many points still remain bugged and never fixed since the beginning and in my opinion all those bugs keep people away from doing more microtransactions on TP, i.e the real place were Anet take funds for the game.

The taxi from center of the city to the airport cost me today 32€, which is more than the expansion does.All this nonsense about the price, only PoF, not being included in X edition... are cheap excuses that blind people from the reality:1- Anet is a business selling a product (Gw2) to earn money, so both the owners and the employees can get paid and live their lives. Their economical model has been around buy-2-play expansions, has been in Gw2 and was the same in Gw1. And to get the full experience you have to go through then, it really surprises me people get mad to face this fact.2- This is an entertainment, not a necessity. And its cost is a tiny fraction of the cost of other type of entertainments, not even considering necessities. Complaining that you cannot save 20-30 bucks in months for a hobby or that you're reticent of paying that after spending hundreds of bucks in gems, is ridiculous.

Of course we have the discussion about the idoneity of mount in WvW, but that discussion goes far beyond the inaccessibility of non-PoF players, which is just a minor consequence of the bigger problem of implementing a PvE mechanic into a PvP game mode. And sincerely, using it to justify such an unfair and biased point of view does little to your favor.

Honestly, I see both sides of the overall argument. Though, I lean more on the side of Principal.

One side basically stands on "What's $30 every 2-3 years?". Which I agree; it isn't that much IMO. Also, for the record... I personally have bought the "Ultimate Editions" (for both expansions) and Base Game when those came out.

• However, I will also give some recognition at least to not knowing exactly what a person is going through ether. Exactly during when those expansions hit. I have friend"s" whom have played on another persons computer and not in the same state/country ether regarding those experience's. So they were not the ones "paying" for internet or computer during these times.

The other side stands for more Principal. Which also comes from people whom already own the expansion(s) and/or previously base game.

• This "Principal" basically consist of not ever giving into a P2W mentality how ever small or infrequent it may be. So that the game can remain at/strive for a respectable competitive level for everyone involved no matter what.
  • For example I shouldn't be able to have more of an competitive advantage over someone just because I own PoF. While they own HoT. This has been brought up regarding times where the "new" expansion professions were obviously much stronger than the old ones. Anet...The balance team, eventually tried to bring professions to where each can be competitive no matter the specialization... And they still try when/where they see necessary :+1:

I think if someone is going to create the argument "Well I paid for the Expansion/Mounts so you have to too" "Otherwise that's unfair" ... Is not a very good argument IMO for at least 3 reasons.

• Reason 1: As someone who has paid for the original base game back when it came out. To have eventually found out that the base game was included with the expansions... I'm personally not too upset because I saw it as healthy to get more people into the game overall. However, I don't expect everyone else to hold those same feelings. Though, if we're going down this road of unfair regarding $... I/We already were forced to walk down it a long while ago (ironically) "to be fair" here.
  • Reason 2: Mounts were advertised as PvE content when PoF released. It was never guaranteed nor expected to be apart of WvW content at any point in time. So those of us who initially bought PoF did it without this expectation ever.
  • Reason 3: What you might or I did pay for... Was originally outside of a mount ever being in WvW. So this included's all actual expectations such as living story progression. ... And we especially had every right to think that. Considering how incredibly small attention @Anet has given to WvW over the years. For at least some of us whom have had previous experience. So this creates a falsehood of expectation from which people had originally and knowingly paid for; more directly relating to WvW... While creating room for other factor's that you payed for, outside of WvW. When the discussion is about strictly Warclaw mount negatively affecting WvW since it's time (long) after PoF... Regarding people with no access and that's it :#

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind surprises half the time... However, those "surprises" better not impact me or others in a negative way. Especially in the case of being/staying competitive... As also someone who tries to play more competitively myself.

To cut this reply shorter than potentially being double in it's current size... @Anet seems interested in some sort of mount renting system. Which is completely fair IMO all things considered. I think developing a PW2 mentality however small leads way to future P2W mentalities... "This is okay" "That's okay" "That's okay too"... And before you know it some people dumped more money than some people should have just to compete. And that's not even considering buying Gems or Gems to gold from which tons of people already do... Or they just quit instead to move away from P2W. So, with all due respect, but I think we can cut the desperate act and work on staying competitive so the game can grow more for reason around that instead. Thus, creating a more inviting and worthwhile gaming experience as a result :)

The real question is, like I said before, not about spending money or not, ANET produce this great game and deserve the right credit, so I recommend buying the game because is the only way to let them made more great contents, but having said that even if You spend a lot of money (not in expansion for example) You don't have key resources in the game, I explained before how, and this is a great danger for this game future, binding stuff ONLY to the game expansions (just 50 € more or less) is not something that let them make money, what instead generate a great income is the engagement created letting people enjoy the game, the "advocacing marketing" derived from the word of mouth i.e. more people that join the game with F2P accounts and get involved in the game at the point that they start spending money (few or many) in the "GEM STORE" AND (hopefully) in the game expansions (during the time), this is a key concept to understand for ANET, if they cannot enjoy what a mount is (maybe a simple mount like the warclaw) or the gliding (maybe base) or masteries (Kryta) they will quite sure quit the game when they will see that the rest of the world around them are in a "different planet", YOU have to experience the game to be involved, for this reason there shouldn't be bugs in the core stories (there are a lot!), for this reason you can't do stupid things like kick someone from a story instance just because you reached the border, is not difficult to put there a "do you really want to leave the instance?" popup dialog! it will not upset them and they will enjoy the story instead send curses to the game designer.If You enjoy the game You buy FOR SURE an expansion or something from gem store in the time, but really, ANET keep this in mind: YOU MUST EXPERIENCE AND ENJOY THE GAME.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Out of all the mmo ive played... Gw2 has the cheapest mount system, while keeping rhem unique and interesting. PoF not too expensive even when its not on special have has some awesome content will it

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Free to play players don't deserve everything that paying customers do.

You get what you pay for in life and in this game.

Buy Path of Fire, most core classes are not meta for WvW anyway. More groups will want you in their party with an elite specialization.

Having a mount in WvW is a great selling point for Path of Fire and should remain the way it is.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:F2P accounts should also get a button on-screen that they can press once a day to receive 2 gold and 10AP. Not fair that they can't do dailies.

They should also get 200 free gems per week since they can't convert gold to gems. It's
not fair
that people who paid get such an advantage!

How about we add a feature that gives players extra power in wvw based on the amount of money they spent on the game? One is expansion is nothing compared to what many people spent on the game. Why should people that spent that measly amount on PoF and Hot be on the same level field as those who regularly buy gems. Warclaw was not part of Pof anyway. Only people that spent more than 40 $ in the last 2 months should have it.

POF gives access to mounts, just like HOT gives access to gliding. By your reasoning, just because Warclaw wasn't in the game in September 2017, it should be available for everybody. And why would somebody spend $40 on gems instead of $20 for the expansion?

Oh, should core/F2P get Skyscale and Roller Beetle too? Only fair, because they weren't int he game in 2017, right? If I roll my eyes any harder I'll be able to see my brain.

They could put flying mounts that drop 1hko bombs for $1000 and I bet you will all think thats perfectly okay.

Came back from eso, 2 expansions for $80aus is perfectly fine rather than $250 per year for a craft bag and zero content @iKeostuKen.2738 or should everything be free? Or should anet make like fornite for some reason?

Not sure when a WvW mount meant all the expansion content of the game.

Well when i got mine it was pretty much $30 aus each, dirt cheap to unlock most the content.Gotta give the f2p a reason to buy the game (apart from the dirt cheap price).

There reason for purchasing the expansions is because they want to play PoF PvE content or the elite specs.

What other games have you paying real money for 1 mount for PvP which is the only way to obtain it? Not even EA is that scummy.

My memory could be bad as was a while ago but I believe u end up with three free mounts after u buy pof. I needed up with raptor,skinmmer and Springer by time was done exploring pof map. Not bad for a 20 dollar exp. Including especs on top.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@grouchybhaal.4275 said:Out of all the mmo ive played... Gw2 has the cheapest mount system, while keeping rhem unique and interesting. PoF not too expensive even when its not on special have has some awesome content will it

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Free to play players don't deserve everything that paying customers do.

Buy Path of Fire, most core classes are not meta for WvW anyway. More groups will want you in their party with an elite specialization.

Having a mount in WvW is a great selling point for Path of Fire and should remain the way it is.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:F2P accounts should also get a button on-screen that they can press once a day to receive 2 gold and 10AP. Not fair that they can't do dailies.

They should also get 200 free gems per week since they can't convert gold to gems. It's
not fair

How about we add a feature that gives players extra power in wvw based on the amount of money they spent on the game? One is expansion is nothing compared to what many people spent on the game. Why should people that spent that measly amount on PoF and Hot be on the same level field as those who regularly buy gems. Warclaw was not part of Pof anyway. Only people that spent more than 40 $ in the last 2 months should have it.

POF gives access to mounts, just like HOT gives access to gliding. By your reasoning, just because Warclaw wasn't in the game in September 2017, it should be available for everybody. And why would somebody spend $40 on gems instead of $20 for the expansion?

Oh, should core/F2P get Skyscale and Roller Beetle too? Only fair, because they weren't int he game in 2017, right? If I roll my eyes any harder I'll be able to see my brain.

They could put flying mounts that drop 1hko bombs for $1000 and I bet you will all think thats perfectly okay.

Came back from eso, 2 expansions for $80aus is perfectly fine rather than $250 per year for a craft bag and zero content @iKeostuKen.2738 or should everything be free? Or should anet make like fornite for some reason?

Well when i got mine it was pretty much $30 aus each, dirt cheap to unlock most the content.Gotta give the f2p a reason to buy the game (apart from the dirt cheap price).

There reason for purchasing the expansions is because they want to play PoF PvE content or the elite specs.

What other games have you paying real money for 1 mount for PvP which is the only way to obtain it? Not even EA is that scummy.

My memory could be bad as was a while ago but I believe u end up with three free mounts after u buy pof. I needed up with raptor,skinmmer and Springer by time was done exploring pof map. Not bad for a 20 dollar exp. Including especs on top.

Thats a PvE benefit, but it doesnt really help anyone in WvW.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

not fair

Thats a PvE benefit, but it doesnt really help anyone in WvW.

Just stating pof is well worth the price and gives players more than enough for the cost. Not having warclaw is the same as not having e specs, both clearly put u at a disadvantage. Same arguement could be said that in a pvp mode all players should have equal access to specs and skill to make it more fair. f2p games have to make money to stay active so.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Just stating pof is well worth the price and gives players more than enough for the cost. Not having warclaw is the same as not having e specs, both clearly put u at a disadvantage. Same arguement could be said that in a pvp mode all players should have equal access to specs and skill to make it more fair. f2p games have to make money to stay active so.

1) PoF isnt really worth the price for people who dont even like this game's PvE.2) Warclaw is on a completely different level then not having a elite spec.3) Same argument could not be said for PvP mode as no one is claiming that f2p/core/hot players should have access to all elite specs.4) Stop pushing the boundaries of what is actually being asked of those who want a fairer advantage in a mode that has poor mount implementation, which shouldnt have been added into the mode in the first place.