Im not getting the skyscale.

@Odinsfury.8360 said:I see the word loyalty thrown around when it comes to unlocking Living Story maps. You literally just have to log in once while the Episode is the latest one. I don't see how that makes you loyal. It only punishes new players. Everyone should have to pay for living story or it should be free for everyone. I think the current system is terrible, but I know, lets praise Anet for allowing you to buy them by converting gold to gems.

The Living World Content isn't free. It requires a minimum amount of engagement with the game, and the developers fund themselves from the players who actively play the game. They encourage people to check back every couple of months. Basically the fraction of players who spend money on the game allow for the free handout to everyone during this limited time.

Players who are new (and thus come in later), or can't even bother to log in, have in no way funded the developers or the content. They thus have to pay their share for the content they want to consume.

The word you are looking for to describe how you are feeling is envy by the way.

• ArenaNet Staff

As someone noted previously on this thread, we made each episodes of the Living World Season 4 available for free for a week in the run-up to the last episode. I'm sorry that the OP wasn't able to get all of them in that time period, but I'm going to have to close this thread to prevent it from going sideways. And a reminder to everyone that, whatever the OP said, all replies should be respectful.

I want to remind everyone that feedback about the Skyscale can be share on the relevant threads: [merged] About the Skyscale Timegate... and Should the Skyscale map currency be reduced? threads. We'd like to avoid the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum to have too many of those threads, unless they tackle specific part of the feedback. And if you see forum threads that shouldn't exist, please sue the report button instead of commenting! Thanks for your understanding.

One last important point, in particular for newer players of Guild Wars 2: don't hesitate to ask for help, as we have a supportive and welcoming community! I'd encourage a post in the Players Helping Players forum, whether it's on tips to get more Gold, completing past Living World episodes or more guidance on how to navigate the Skyscale acquisition!