What needs a nerf

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@Lala.8752 said:u just need to watch the ladder and high lvl game the broken class at the moment is revenant but this class is too hard for gold player

Watching the ladder to determine what class is op or not is actually beyond stupid. It's not the class that got these people on the top leaderboards. It's their own personal skill and awareness of the game

in the ladder u have always same players(sindrener/wing/drzeh...) and others, and these others have usually the same classe adn this league this is rev

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few need nerfs for some outliers. Rock throw on Rampage would be enough nerfs for SpB and holo. Buffing counters to meta picks would be better, so long as its not overdone. SpB is the king of side node and revs are running rampant. Buffing Mirage portal duration, I dont trust anet balancing enough for them to fix other problems, would help keep many things in check.

Never thought I would say this, but I really miss the days when you could pinpoint a single class that was overperforming in PvP. Back then, it was easy to say that "X class is ruining the game!"

But now it's like every class is so broken and faceroll that there isn't an easy answer to this question. Every top-performing build in the current meta needs a nerf.

It went from one class being annoying to the entire game mode being unplayable. Man, I wish I hadn't taken things for granted back then!

@praqtos.9035 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:Did you just describe theif ? Minus clones of course (low cd blinks made me chuckle tbh)Atleast thief doesn't have the damage and can't stay alive as long as mirage can. Also compared to a teleport like Ele has, blink is very short on CD (24s with trait)I dont even know... never happened to be in your situation, may be your screen is too small? :DOh don't act like a kittenThats all your opinion, I'd rather fight mesmer than holo for an example.Atleast you can see who the holo is and what he is doingOr their ability to wintrade, smurf on alts and win/lose on demand if this helps to secrute their position.My point was merely about that classes on the leaderboards are no accurate representation of how good the class isSo your main complaint that you cant find real mesmer... pretty huge l2p lol. There is no good player that struggle to find real mesmer.So you prefer busted holo because he has no clones... because once again you cant find real mesmer... 2k19 but people still struggle...Pretty much everyone know that there is no better duo than 2 revs at AT/ranked, you have to be extremely biased/delusional to deny that

You're actually horrible to have a discussion with because you always think I mean something that I don't. You act like a child and don't discuss properly.I've watched enough players on Twitch that are miles better than you say "who the fuck is the real Mesmer" so don't act like nobody has a problem with it dude.

But then again there hasn't been one Mesmer main on this whole forum that had the capability to have a proper discussion especially about their class, you're not an exception.

@Lala.8752 said:

@Lala.8752 said:u just need to watch the ladder and high lvl game the broken class at the moment is revenant but this class is too hard for gold player

Watching the ladder to determine what class is op or not is actually beyond stupid. It's not the class that got these people on the top leaderboards. It's their own personal skill and awareness of the game

in the ladder u have always same players(sindrener/wing/drzeh...) and others, and these others have usually the same classe adn this league this is rev

Can you name all these people that are getting carried by rev into the leaderboards? The only people on the leaderboard that main rev that I know of are Uchicha, Vebryan, (tramadex) and Sikieki. So you're saying beasically that everyone that isn't a player who usually gets on the leaderboard, is a rev player?

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:Did you just describe theif ? Minus clones of course (low cd blinks made me chuckle tbh)Atleast thief doesn't have the damage and can't stay alive as long as mirage can. Also compared to a teleport like Ele has, blink is very short on CD (24s with trait)I dont even know... never happened to be in your situation, may be your screen is too small? :DOh don't act like a kittenThats all your opinion, I'd rather fight mesmer than holo for an example.Atleast you can see who the holo is and what he is doingOr their ability to wintrade, smurf on alts and win/lose on demand if this helps to secrute their position.My point was merely about that classes on the leaderboards are no accurate representation of how good the class isSo your main complaint that you cant find real mesmer... pretty huge l2p lol. There is no good player that struggle to find real mesmer.So you prefer busted holo because he has no clones... because once again you cant find real mesmer... 2k19 but people still struggle...Pretty much everyone know that there is no better duo than 2 revs at AT/ranked, you have to be extremely biased/delusional to deny that

You're actually horrible to have a discussion with because you always think I mean something that I don't. You act like a child and don't discuss properly.I've watched enough players on Twitch that are miles better than you say "who the kitten is the real Mesmer" so don't act like nobody has a problem with it dude.You dont even know how good I am to make an assumptions kid, then tell someone they act like a child xDOh ... Now random rants from "twitch players" is a proof for everything? Good to know ! /sEspecially certain clueless twitch-yt monkaS with his rants LOOK THIS SKILL DOES SOMETHING! Clones have too much hp!111. (2400 hp is too much,ya)Solid proof, not like they only complain about being lost in clones,they even complain how their main is terribly weak despite its crying for nerfsBut then again there hasn't been one Mesmer main on this whole forum that had the capability to have a proper discussion especially about their class, you're not an exception.The same about any "main" that being delusional and biased,you are not an exception, we had it before,rev must be broken because "Sindrener said so" somewhere at one of his stream, the other dude Pseudomaster ketsu- "calling rev OP is wrong!" -> shows video with 2-3 revs in teams.Besides there was many sane mesmer mains that said what is broken and what need a fix, but they all were ignored. If they dont agree that their class must be trashed they "have no capability to have a proper discussion about their class".You are just obnoxious and impossible to have a discussion with, if this can be called "discussion"

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Zawn.9647 said:every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

I agree. But you do realize the 1 shot pony trick is the only viable build there is for mesmers. Remove that, Mesmers might as well pillow fight.

If they return old condi mirage to be one of the strongest 1x1'er and not be totally r*ped by thieves... then they can delete power mesmer for all I care ;)

i'd rather fight 24/7 power mesmers than have the old condi mirage back without a second thought

I'm sure you would.

I hate power as a playstyle and feel forced into now that Scepter nerfs have gutted any kill potential condi mirage has on any build that isn't a scourge or rev caught out alone. Powers the only viable way to run mesmer in PvP now, unambiguously heads and shoulders better. I've never liked the feel as it's never felt like how a trickster illusionist should play and fight, lobbying 3k bouncing projectiles and nuking people at a distance with direct damage. That's what we should be seeing from damage orientated Elementalists.

That playstyle on eles got nerfed 7 years ago quickly after launch as people were complaining of being nuked from distance by scepter/dagger eles...like staff was nerfed for the same reason and any power spec eles ever had since launch..always nerfed without compensation

its funny how mesmers cant see this... they think they MUST have a OP spec otherwise its unfair... :D

You are wrong..the people complaining about mirage "nerfs" are nothing more than FOTM rerollers who became mesmer "mains" after mirage release...they never knew how to play mesmer to start with, all they knew was that youtube copy/paste build..nerf that and they can't even use WASD on a mesmer..hence the complaints

You realize I can add you as a friend, check the friends and guild section, and see you didn't even make it into platinum this season or the previous one?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Zawn.9647 said:every single 1shot build should be nerfed - power mesmer, sb sic'em, etc...every single immortal build should be nerfed such as Scrapper

I agree. But you do realize the 1 shot pony trick is the only viable build there is for mesmers. Remove that, Mesmers might as well pillow fight.

If they return old condi mirage to be one of the strongest 1x1'er and not be totally r*ped by thieves... then they can delete power mesmer for all I care ;)

i'd rather fight 24/7 power mesmers than have the old condi mirage back without a second thought

I'm sure you would.

I hate power as a playstyle and feel forced into now that Scepter nerfs have gutted any kill potential condi mirage has on any build that isn't a scourge or rev caught out alone. Powers the only viable way to run mesmer in PvP now, unambiguously heads and shoulders better. I've never liked the feel as it's never felt like how a trickster illusionist should play and fight, lobbying 3k bouncing projectiles and nuking people at a distance with direct damage. That's what we should be seeing from damage orientated Elementalists.

That playstyle on eles got nerfed 7 years ago quickly after launch as people were complaining of being nuked from distance by scepter/dagger eles...like staff was nerfed for the same reason and any power spec eles ever had since launch..always nerfed without compensation

its funny how mesmers cant see this... they think they MUST have a OP spec otherwise its unfair... :D

You are wrong..the people complaining about mirage "nerfs" are nothing more than FOTM rerollers who became mesmer "mains" after mirage release...they never knew how to play mesmer to start with, all they knew was that youtube copy/paste build..nerf that and they can't even use WASD on a mesmer..hence the complaints

9bDkEr5.gif

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I'm sure you would.

You see... I learnt how to play Mesmer when one shot Mirage was still a thing (oh the good ol' days) and then I kept to it. Banging my head against my keyboard because literally all the specialization's uniqueness had to or be removed, or be nerfed. I played Mesmer for the past year or so, and since the patch where dazes weren't stuns, Mesmer fell into a trap-hold. Literally, everyone used that opportunity to say "Oh and nerf that and that and that." Right now it's underperforming in so many aspects compared to back when it was semi-decent (power wise PoV, condition Mesmers are still ok-ish) that your comment made me laugh. I duel on Mesmer against duelist and win because I learnt the spec. Don't go generalizing stuff because you have a personal vendetta against them from back when they were good.

The only viable Condi mirage builds currently are my original build and somewhat Sage's Chaos. Power is a pure joke to anyone trying to get into Mesmer as it is so hard to play right that literally only a few play it efficiently in the top NA ladders.

I would say Firebrand and Engineer would need... not nerfs, but bumpers to their wheels. Slightly altering stuff like the healing multipliers on either of them would make the state of PvP more bearable and allow more build diversity (looking at you Holo with your 700 healing ticks per second from 10 stack of healing vent and regeneration - or you Firebrand that literally heals by blocking and pressing any button on their kit).

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I'm sure you would.

You realize I can add you as a friend, check the friends and guild section, and see you didn't even make it into platinum this season or the previous one?

I'm sure you would.

9bDkEr5.gif

So reaching platinum makes you what?......some kind of forum celebrity?...guess I am already one then, don't bother proving yourself wrong , stopped taking seriuously PvP a long time ago as you can see in the picture below

https://imgur.com/a/kJkDRoH

On a more serious note...the people complaining about mirage "nerfs" are nothing more than FOTM rerollers who became mesmer "mains" after chronomancer release...before mirage, how many "heroes" with that shield bunker ...so impressive

I take my core ele as benchmark..anything far above it needs to be grounded to dust....mesmer and necro are the ones far above in the list provided by the OP...there is no engi, otherwise that would have been my choice

@DigiQWill.6378 said:

I'm sure you would.

You see... I learnt how to play Mesmer when one shot Mirage was still a thing (oh the good ol' days) and then I kept to it. Banging my head against my keyboard because literally all the specialization's uniqueness had to or be removed, or be nerfed. I played Mesmer for the past year or so, and since the patch where dazes weren't stuns, Mesmer fell into a trap-hold. Literally, everyone used that opportunity to say "Oh and nerf that and that and that." Right now it's underperforming in so many aspects compared to back when it was semi-decent (power wise PoV, condition Mesmers are still ok-ish) that your comment made me laugh. I duel on Mesmer against duelist and win because I learnt the spec. Don't go generalizing stuff because you have a personal vendetta against them from back when they were good.

The only viable Condi mirage builds currently are my original build and somewhat Sage's Chaos. Power is a pure joke to anyone trying to get into Mesmer as it is so hard to play right that literally only a few play it efficiently in the top NA ladders.

I would say Firebrand and Engineer would need... not nerfs, but bumpers to their wheels. Slightly altering stuff like the healing multipliers on either of them would make the state of PvP more bearable and allow more build diversity (looking at you Holo with your 700 healing ticks per second from 10 stack of healing vent and regeneration - or you Firebrand that literally heals by blocking and pressing any button on their kit).

At least you're honest...my respects to you but......mirage gave you a distorted sense of reality, the 80% of your output was due to the class and it was the same with chronomancer and many other HoT specs, in the real world what you call "nerfs" are nothing more than slaps on the wrists

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I'm sure you would.

I'm sure you would.

9bDkEr5.gif

I take my core ele as benchmark..anything far above it needs to be grounded to dust

This is a well reasoned, mature, intelligent and thoughtful response with a well rounded and nonbiased perspective.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I'm sure you would.

I'm sure you would.

9bDkEr5.gif

I take my core ele as benchmark..anything far above it needs to be grounded to dust

This is a well reasoned, mature, intelligent and thoughtful response with a well rounded and nonbiased perspective.

We can always buff ele to other professions levels...but then people would cry again about ele...lol few already do so when they face a far above player using a weaver,in the end any response is never good enough because you lot want the cake and eat it too

GW2 PvP Balance Suggestions 5/23/2019 by Vallun

(I envy his passion and seriousness of Reducing and Punishing Toxicity. Embracing Risk- Reward is the way to go for Healthy Competitive Efort-Balance game)

--At the moment, Toxicity is the way to go for balance. It is being openly embraced with open-arms. It is not being Punished nor being taken seriously. That Must Change--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvjS3hWigVM

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:mirage gave you a distorted sense of realityIronically...perfectly suits your case. I dont even know anymore what to tell to people that being lost in clones or trying to beat dead horse ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Even when Condi Mirage was at it's most lethal (February to July 2018 after the phantasm work) at the high end of play there were plenty of builds that just stalled it out and contested the nodes in perpetuity; Spellbreaker, Prot Holo, Scrapper both before and after the gyro rework, SD Weaver, Boonbeast. All competitive. All going toe to toe with Condition Mirage at it's absolute peak.

You'd figured if they were going to gut condi mirage's damage by 50-70% across the board for both it's shatters and all of it's weapon skills that builds that were going toe to toe with Condi Mirage would also have gotten some nerfs as well. And aside from Boonbeast getting serious nerfs along side Mirage everything was either ridiculously buffed like Spellbreakers with Rampage and Shake it Off or left untouched.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:mirage gave you a distorted sense of realityIronically...perfectly suits your case. I dont even know anymore what to tell to people that being lost in clones or trying to beat dead horse ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Even when Condi Mirage was at it's most lethal (February to July 2018 after the phantasm work) at the high end of play there were plenty of builds that just stalled it out and contested the nodes in perpetuity; Spellbreaker, Prot Holo, Scrapper both before and after the gyro rework, SD Weaver, Boonbeast. All competitive. All going toe to toe with Condition Mirage at it's absolute peak.

You'd figured if they were going to gut condi mirage's damage by 50-70% across the board for both it's shatters and all of it's weapon skills that builds that were going toe to toe with Condi Mirage would also have gotten some nerfs as well. And aside from Boonbeast getting serious nerfs along side Mirage everything was either ridiculously buffed like Spellbreakers with Rampage and Shake it Off or left untouched.You know it better than me, Anet do not balance based on analysis/whatever but on outcry of forum and twitchape.Instead of nerfs holo keep getting buffed and gets even more busted skills to play with instead of nerfs (some dev playing helps)

I'm just watching this firebrand named dwyana incarnate solo 3 people at once chain stunning and burning them to death while either chain blocking or healing through any damage that somehow gets through the CC spam. Dude literally also just face tanked a beserker without attacking back with minimal key inputs before getting bored and purging the shit out of it.

I mean overall people have made some really crazy builds like that with mainly guardians and warriors that just output a level of sustain, damage and CC so abundant that they experience a level of power great enough to become bored with it. Its like the one punch man parody.

@Zawn.9647 said:

Agreed. Getting killed by power mes feels you you got out skilled but killed by Condi mes feels like cheese. If u can catch a power mes u can actually do dmg. While if u catch a Condi mes. It has enough tools tools to just port back. U also need to kill a Condi mes fast enough. Too slow u basically die, it's just not fun.

@TorQ.7041 said:

Agreed. Getting killed by power mes feels you you got out skilled but killed by Condi mes feels like cheese. If u can catch a power mes u can actually do dmg. While if u catch a Condi mes. It has enough tools tools to just port back. U also need to kill a Condi mes fast enough. Too slow u basically die, it's just not fun.

This coming from a former thief main which hard counters mesmer. Smh..

You really think condi-mirage, in mid-2019, after being nerfed for over a year, falling into third tier on Metabattle alongside things like Dragonhunter, rated even lower than Fire Weaver (!), and becoming virtually nonexistent in ranked and AT, still requires a nerf?

Or is this a case of "don't touch my meta specs, so nerf mirage?"

Oh I forgot, you're one of the ones with a permanent grudge that thinks "annoying", "pesky" mirage always needs nerfs. Go figure.

The "nerf teef" meme has clearly been supplanted by "nerf mes."

@praqtos.9035 said:

You really think condi-mirage, in mid-2019, after being nerfed for over a year, falling into third tier on Metabattle alongside things like
Dragonhunter
, rated even lower than
Fire Weaver
(!), and becoming virtually nonexistent in ranked and AT, still requires a nerf?

Or is this a case of "don't touch
, so nerf mirage?"

Oh I forgot, you're one of the ones with a permanent grudge that thinks "annoying", "pesky" mirage always needs nerfs. Go figure.

The "nerf teef" meme has clearly been supplanted by "nerf mes."Delusional gold thief main. Suddenly got into plat after rerolling to rampage-main. Now he think he is equal to legendary EU players :joy:
ETNUpGw.jpg
^From an old ESL player

Actually I play Holo scrapper and ranger in ranked. Less than war but still. Anything other than thief basically.

Salty aren't you. Every one was gold once. I havent been gold for 4 seasons n I ve only played for 6 lol. So yeah according to your logic you are a salty silver mes cos I am sure u we're silver once. Look up the leader board. I am on it.

Yeah I have zero problems as thief vs mes. But that's not the point. I don't find it fun to have a mesmer passively hitting you via clones while u have a set amount of time to kill him b4 u die.. Sounds like you are a mes main. I am ok with power cos I feel like once u get them u can do something about it.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

You really think condi-mirage, in mid-2019, after being nerfed for over a year, falling into third tier on Metabattle alongside things like
Dragonhunter
, rated even lower than
Fire Weaver
(!), and becoming virtually nonexistent in ranked and AT, still requires a nerf?

Or is this a case of "don't touch
, so nerf mirage?"

The "nerf teef" meme has clearly been supplanted by "nerf mes."

It's not meta because scrapper destroys it. So does prot Holo. If those 2 things don't exist. You can bet there would still be Condi mirage every where.

It's still very viable when those 2 things and thief aren't in the match

I also don't agree with what you say is "dh" tier. They both exist in p2. N i see them every day I play. In which I have to switch out of warrior

Sure if you want to call me that. I just don't like it's mechanic that even if u dodge it's attacks. Clones will still put condi on you. And the amount sustain, distort, staff 4, 2dodges, 2 jaunts, and depending on your traits another distort. Even if you are able to count which u can't cos there's too much clutter. It has enough to escape and kite.

With power mes. If u know what he has. N if u r able to catch him. He will be punished. And if you left him catch u. U r punished. With Condi mes. It's far more difficult to tell. I think that they can bring the dps back but Nerf the sustain.

That's my opinion and I am answering to this post