Hello Anet, This is the change we need to sicem.

anduriell.6280

So it does remove the noob stomper effect while retaining its functionality.Keep in mind ideally the ICD is there to avoid skill spamming, but AoEs (like a trap or barrage) should count as one hit and as such all targets should have applied the vulnerability.Although thats the normal function in the game for most skills, there are some instances where the ranger does not benefit from them.

S1B4XoX.png

@"anduriell.6280" said:So it does remove the noob stomper effect while retaining its functionality.Keep in mind ideally the ICD is there to avoid skill spamming, but AoEs (like a trap or barrage) should count as one hit and as such all targets should have applied the vulnerability.Although thats the normal function in the game for most skills, there are some instances where the ranger does not benefit from them.

S1B4XoX.png

Please stop with the mobility power creep.

Just make it so that as a soulbeast, all the modifiers from bonuses that would be given to the pet are halved on you. There is no reason why skills that were balanced around pets being less than 40% of your damage should fully apply to 100% of your damage. It is ridiculous and cannot be ever balanced. If soulbeast is found lacking after that, buff ranger traits and some of the lackluster skills. After nerfing this absurdity, Anet may find themselves capable of buffing core ranger to bring up all the ranger specs and have them be more balanced overall.

@"Safandula.8723" said:It's not gonna happen. Power soulbeast in pve relies to much on this skill, and since it's pve game, they are not gonna change it.I guess there will be only number nerfs, if there will be any.

This ^^^

Or another way is to change sic'em all together. Seeing as it seems to be a plague against those who persist on going glassy (or somewhat glassy), change it so it flips on tanky targets. The effect on the pet stays the same (increases damage 40%), but when merged with the Soulbeast, it has a "ignore armor" effect. It will still do high damage to those with little armor (as it should), it just won't do 40% more on top of it. The effect however is a tanky target is now treated like glass. People complain that bunker is too much in this game (I agree, it's much much worse than burst), so here is an answer to that; make soulbeasts useful again (or for once).

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@"Safandula.8723" said:It's not gonna happen. Power soulbeast in pve relies to much on this skill, and since it's pve game, they are not gonna change it.I guess there will be only number nerfs, if there will be any.

This ^^^

Or another way is to change sic'em all together. Seeing as it seems to be a plague against those who persist on going glassy (or somewhat glassy), change it so it flips on tanky targets. The effect on the pet stays the same (increases damage 40%), but when merged with the Soulbeast, it has a "ignore armor" effect. It will still do high damage to those with little armor (as it should), it just won't do 40% more on top of it. The effect however is a tanky target is now treated like glass. People complain that bunker is too much in this game (I agree, it's much much worse than burst), so here is an answer to that; make soulbeasts useful again (or for once).

This is a good idea. I don't like people talking about gutting Sic' em because it over performs on Soulbeast. I play core ranger and like to use this skill in WvW in combination with a pet swap to Smokescale with quickness. It's a nice little burst. If the damage got decreased for core ranger, it will just become another useless skill never to be used.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

This ^^^

never thought about that. yes. genius idea.

lol you people

only the ranger forum would ask for a nerf to one of it's own skills because people who hate this class want to see it gutted from the only role it has in WvW

amazing...

I mean, at least ask for conciliatory buffs to the obliterated Druid if you're gonna try to bargain

@bigo.9037 said:I have the simplest and best solution:

Remove duration of 40% s dmg while merged (keep it if you use while not merged)

If used while merged, it only triggers 40% extra dmg for the next 3 or 4 hits.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:SicEm;

1200 Range10% Dmg Multiplier5s Superspeed5s Revealed30s Cooldown

This version would be more then enough.

It ll make skill useless..

Nah i played this build since pof released, when boonbeast shined i ppl call this build meme, but NOW SUDDENLY this build is a problem, zululu

Delete sic em and unlockable and ranger ll become more than useless

I watched several videos of berserker roaming where war oneshot ppl with 1/2 gs burst, and it okaaay.. rampage hit by aa upon 10k per hit and have zillion of cc - okaay

@Cyric.7813 said:

@bigo.9037 said:I have the simplest and best solution:

Remove duration of 40% s dmg while merged (keep it if you use while not merged)

If used while merged, it only triggers 40% extra dmg for the next 3 or 4 hits.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:SicEm;

1200 Range10% Dmg Multiplier5s Superspeed5s Revealed30s Cooldown

This version would be more then enough.

It ll make skill useless..

Nah i played this build since pof released, when boonbeast shined i ppl call this build meme, but NOW SUDDENLY this build is a problem, zululu

Delete sic em and unlockable and ranger ll become more than useless

I watched several videos of berserker roaming where war oneshot ppl with 1/2 gs burst, and it okaaay.. rampage hit by aa upon 10k per hit and have zillion of cc - okaay

If that makes it useless then we know something is horribly wrong.

I think ppl who complain about ranger re low tier pvp, cause there are many builds what counter it very well

Pvers that come wvw for gift of battle in bers glassy build running away from ranger, get hit by rangers long range shot with maximum distance damage, instead of quickly close up to ranger.Get close survive burst ( sic em, sotp ) and you ll see that ranger is not so scary.

The only thing is really wrong it s precast maul, it should be only after successful hit

@Cyric.7813 said:I think ppl who complain about ranger re low tier pvp, cause there are many builds what counter it very well

Pvers that come wvw for gift of battle in bers glassy build running away from ranger, get hit by rangers long range shot with maximum distance damage, instead of quickly close up to ranger.Get close survive burst ( sic em, sotp ) and you ll see that ranger is not so scary.

The only thing is really wrong it s precast maul, it should be only after successful hit

Yea and the only reason I suggested that nerf was because ranger is on ALL FORUMS cus ppl are mad and qq over ranger, so we know anet is gonna do SOMETHING to ranger soon. I don't want it to be nerfed, but if it's gonna be nerfed I want it to be done the right way.

@LionZero.3479 said:If the damage portion get's removed give me something like converts 3 boons into conditions in return >> would fit the name of sic em and ranger could use some boonstrip aswell i guess <<

I doubt we’re going to get boon removal, as much as I wish we would.

I would accept “your pet gains super speed and reveals and knocks down target.” Sorta thing too, would also make sense for Sic’Em, especially since it’s an image of an angry dog.