Invincible type build??

Sylent.3165

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@mizaru.1385 said:Btw its not just any PVE content, he's soloing GROUP META EVENTS that even some groups fail.

The thing is that it's working because he is doing it alone. The scaling in GW2 can be pretty scary and the visual polution don't help players, especially with boss that have AoE.

Really, this much can be achieved by any profession if you are willing to build for it.

I know Mesmer and necro can pull off these invisible builds. I'm not aware of builds for other classes that are capable of these kinds of feats. Do you know the builds for these other classes or videos available?

@Obtena.7952 said:

The thing is that it's working because he is doing it alone. The scaling in GW2 can be pretty scary and the visual polution don't help players, especially with boss that have AoE.

Really, this much can be achieved by any profession if you are willing to build for it.

I know Mesmer and necro can pull off these invisible builds. I'm not aware of builds for other classes that are capable of these kinds of feats. Do you know the builds for these other classes or videos available?

Is it really needed to give you a build for that? I mean put a PVT armor on a guardian, equip him with a hammer, some symbol traits and you'll hardly die in PvE whatever you encounter. It's not that different for rangers who have plenty of sustain utility skills (and it's even worse if you play soulbeast giving you access to endure pain like skills and even more sustain). Warriors can block and evade all day all while benefiting from a high health regeneration. Elementalists can offer a stupid amount of sustain and damage mitigation as well making face tanking relatively easy. PvP Scrapper's hate should be a good example of what an engineer can achieve when he build for sustain. Thiefs can just enjoy high on hit/on crit sustain with the proper traits and skills while still having great evade abilities. And revenant, especially herald can totally go for huge sustain ability.

People are just used to go for the damage efficiency in PvE not for the survivability efficiency.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Is it really needed to give you a build for that? I mean put a PVT armor on a guardian, equip him with a hammer, some symbol traits and you'll hardly die in PvE whatever you encounter.

Well, you do, because frankly, just equipping PVT armor with a hammer on a Guardian isn't enough to keep you alive if you want to solo Legendary bounties and the like. Not every class has the toolset to do the builds the OP is asking about. Yes, classes have some good sustainable toolsets, but in many cases, even that isn't enough because the fact is that you can't face tank most of the top hard encounters in OW content.

That necro video is a great example. There is ALOT going on there to keep that guy running and most classes don't have that level of tank to play with. It's funny because someone mentioned parasitic contagion as the reason that build is able to do that. Parasitic Contagion is actually not that great amount of healing over time. You need high sustainable stacks of condi and many mobs (via epidemic) to get the kind of heals that allow you to start even thinking about tanking hard encounters. problem is that most of these hard encounters don't have that many mobs to allow parasitic contagion to give OP healing.

Mesmer excels at this kind of extreme solo play because there is so much connection between illusions/heals/dodges as well as the fact that illusions are so easy to make and tank for you. It's almost a no-brainer on mesmer to do this. Necro is probably second best, only because the mechanics to keep you alive are not as connected to a single mechanic as they are in Mesmer.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Is it really needed to give you a build for that? I mean put a PVT armor on a guardian, equip him with a hammer, some symbol traits and you'll hardly die in PvE whatever you encounter.

Well, you do, because frankly, just equipping PVT armor with a hammer on a Guardian isn't enough to keep you alive if you want to solo Legendary bounties and the like. Not every class has the toolset to do the builds the OP is asking about. Yes, classes have some good sustainable toolsets, but in many cases, even that isn't enough because the fact is that you can't face tank most of the top hard encounters in OW content.

When I play guardian, I do play hammer guardian. I'm doing that since the vanilla game. I've carried groups of extremly casuals players (I won't say noobs since they had their share of playtime) throught dungeons and fractals alike with this kind of build and I've done my share of champions soloing as well with it. I can garantee you that it is extremly solid. And if it's not solid enough to your liking you can still equip block on heal/utilities (aegis)/elite skill.

For me the guardian is the profession that just buldoze through the game with barely any threat to it's life. Yes sometime you need to dodge or use your blocks but in regard of survivability it's close enough to the level of the scourge. Using a guardian this way might not be popular but it still work just fine.

The "hard" encounter of the open world are often hard because of the scaling. The scaling increase a lot the damage a boss/mob can do which, indeed, make face tanking a stupid idea. If, like I said, you add the visual effects of tons of spells and skills making it harder to find the tells, it quickly become a nightmare for any professions that want to "facetank".

NB.: after looking again at hizen's video, I can say that he doesn't take that many hits and make full use of it's utilities (and especially projectile block)

Not saying it can't be done but soloing a legendary champion isn't just something you claim you can do with build X or Y and tend to have people believe it. If you can do it with your PVT Hammer guardian, it sounds like something that would be interesting to share in this thread.

PvE is notorious both for its balance problems and for players making videos that prove their point.

Surviving and killing an AI has a lot to do with the player's familiarity with the profession and build as well as the encounter's mechanics but an unkillable solo build does not actually mean it is a good build for group play.

p.s.I am not, in any way, criticizing the player's video or obvious skill. If the OP is a new player, results with the video author's build are not guaranteed. Think, instead, of what may work best for the OP.

I tried the parasitic contagion build for a couple of days but tbh... I find it vastly inferior to a mm reaper. The only advantage is the obvious one - where minions hinder rather than help you due to boss mechanics.

In particular, I find that the entire combo of daggers+blood+full shroud gives much, much better sustain and ways to bunker, heal up and maintain shroud. The sole focus on PC is a little too dependant on pumping out condi damage. Power allow you to go heavy into crit chance and healing (magi) which with some hybrid gear still reach decent damage. The toughness of the trailblazer set is completely redundant, its just that much more healing.

But meh, maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@mizaru.1385 said:Btw its not just any PVE content, he's soloing GROUP META EVENTS that even some groups fail.

On game release u could solo tequalt even with cleric mace guard lol... if wasn’t scaled, would take its time but was possible if would not run outb” of time.

No matter how much sustain I have (and I solo a lot) the crazed centaur sharpshooters at lake Doric always murder me dramatically. (I have 3,700 armor and those **** hits me for around 5k to 6k per auto-attacks. lol) But some people told me in map chat that these are exceptional ennemies. I don't have trouble anywhere else.

@"Edge.8724" said:No matter how much sustain I have (and I solo a lot) the crazed centaur sharpshooters at lake Doric always murder me dramatically. (I have 3,700 armor and those **** hits me for around 5k to 6k per auto-attacks. lol) But some people told me in map chat that these are exceptional ennemies. I don't have trouble anywhere else.They are meant for groups, there used to be 50+ farm groups running there (guess they still gather sometimes). I can get up there fine solo on my MM reaper (and kill groups on the way), but at certain points there will be mobs you cant really fight because they are on cliffs (cant exactly get ooc to mount) and halfway up there are champions, if they block your path then fighting 5+ of the "regular" centaurs at once become problematic.

@Edge.8724 said:

No matter how much sustain I have (and I solo a lot) the crazed centaur sharpshooters at lake Doric always murder me dramatically. (I have 3,700 armor and those **** hits me for around 5k to 6k per auto-attacks. lol) But some people told me in map chat that these are exceptional ennemies. I don't have trouble anywhere else.

You need anti-projectile skill to handle these guys. Like Corrosive poison cloud on necro. With that on board it gets doable (hard, but doable).