Arc Divider: Reduced damage in PvP and WvW by 25%. The downfall of berserker!

Hitman.5829

if we lookn at the "famous" hitman's health then we know that anything 20k+ is not full zerk (he has the aura buff that gives +100 every stat, so he still does get vitality from gear/runes)decent wars can play full zerk, bad wars need vitality

i can and do run around in full zerk, sitting at 2.8k power without food/oil/might

our good ol hitman does not have food, does not have oil yet expects same results as with (max dps)..doesn't work like thatand he hits a ranger pet (that can't be build tanky, as good ol'hitman complains about for 1k with dash (rampage skill) lol

meanwhile my dash non-crits range from 3-5k and crits upto 11k..but then again i'm actual specced for damage and don't run defense traitline like he does

builds like mine (actual decent builds, not some rushed mediocre self-made build like you just claimed yours to be) are the reason why people ask for warrior nerfs time after time.

BUT MY BIGGEST LOL WAS

what good is your 1200 fercoity if you don't crit loljust look at his screen 6/10 hits were NOT crits...your fercoity is a wasted stat

clearly you haven't thought out your build that well

EDIT: not to ignore all your nonsense

• like weakness ,where are the glance hits??, weakness is 50% chance on glance yet there is zero in your combat log
  • implying everyone runs scrapper runes, no no-one does. they run durability runes
  • implying you can't remove boons, if only there were sigils that steal 3 boons on interrupt, not that you use any cc besides rampage. war without cc is naked and doomed to die
  • implying every class runs around with frost aura (lol?? how many specs can actually apply forst aura, themselves, you know?)

sounds like a serious l2p issue

My soft BP (Paired with SOS platinum Squire) weaver can sustain 1v1 vs Zerker easily by staying above 50% hp and just dodging. However if I reaper or Scourge strips me and I get tapped by kittens I'll die or allow 50% damage to spike me to down state60896465_10157127893586203_2773854776436

I can easily tank most player's with just 370 healing power but Weaver Sword and Dagger build even with 2400 power+ without might stack 207 crit damage and 52 to crit chance is still luke warm. You have to literal face tank my telegraph moves. Watch out for my churning earth if it crits you'll eat 8-12k damage.

But if cough coguh a zerk fakes a 1v1 duel and has an ally boon buff him during the duel and indirectly clear his condi and mitigate his damage. Yes I have a much much lower chance vs Zerker.

Yes it's a thing roamers who 1v1 duel but have 1 or 2 friends boon buff them during duels or use their mounts to disrupt your killing blows. Even in official duels.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:
6CjwNw2.jpg

How is this balanced? I am a full berserker spec with 1200+ ferocity.The problem is that most classes have:
  • protection (-33% damage)
  • food (-10% damage)
  • traits (-20+% damage)
  • weakness (-50% damage)
  • Superior Rune of the Scrapper (-7% damage)

All this while maintaining a high DPS build. Anet needs to start nerfing everyone not just the warrior.Just take a look at
to see how many builds you can make and still maintain a high DPS build.

You hit someone for 8164 damage in one skill. That is 50% of the Medium HP pool, and 75% of the Low HP pool. Combined in a combo with things like Bull's Charge, you're looking at a clean kill.

impossible, medium have way more damage mitigation then simply being hit 8k when CC'ed

@"melandru.3876" said:if we lookn at the "famous" hitman's health then we know that anything 20k+ is not full zerk (he has the aura buff that gives +100 every stat, so he still does get vitality from gear/runes)decent wars can play full zerk, bad wars need vitality[...]what good is your 1200 fercoity if you don't crit lol[...]clearly you haven't thought out your build that well

EDIT: not to ignore all your nonsense

• like weakness ,where are the glance hits??, weakness is 50% chance on glance yet there is zero in your combat log
  • implying everyone runs scrapper runes, no no-one does. they run durability runes
  • implying you can't remove boons, if only there were sigils that steal 3 boons on interrupt, not that you use any cc besides rampage. war without cc is naked and doomed to die
  • implying every class runs around with frost aura (lol?? how many specs can actually apply forst aura, themselves, you know?)

sounds like a serious l2p issue

B-but he said:

@Hitman.5829 said:

Welcome back to the Forums!

Would you mind posting your build from gw2skills to better inform this discussion?

I don't like sharing my builds because I put a lot of thought into them to max DPS and damage by doing math calculations.

You mean his "math calculations" aren't indeed optimal for max DPS?! I don't know what to believe anymore :cry:

j/k, from the vid you've posted he seems to be the kind of a player that expects to one shot someone but when it fails, he starts facerolling his skills 'off-cooldown' in panic, because he thinks reactive pvp shouldn't exist. Oh well.

• Confused 1

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Thief will just evade and stealth back stab for 15k lmao oh its that easy against these powercrept classes now is it?warrior being one of em lmao ontop hit thief twice with ur crazy over all dps and its dead. Few nights back me and another two pubs were chasing a warrior and I was behind him whole time feeding him staff blows n DD while the other two were unloading on him as well and ran into his camp where we couldnt follow,he ran for a good 10 seconds with us tagging him. He didnt even use his gs mobility or nothing,just ran so warrior gets no sympathy for me. Nerf was justified. Sustain needs dropped across the board as well.

But have you recognized the spec he was playing? I would have no doubts that you played against spellbreaker and not berserker. Arc divider is exclusive thing to berserker, mainly because he lacks in deffensives, he would not be able to survive 2 thiefs jumped on himIdk do you people realize what spec is the discussion about, berserker is not an invincible killing machine, all he has is pure damage, conditions eats him alive.Arc divider can be used only by berserker and only in berserker mode which he needs 30 adrenaline to turn it on. Just bcs you have meet a warrior class doesnt mean its all the warrior specs that does crazy things. Berserker has thoughness debuff and all he gets from his tree are damage buffs and he need to generate full adreline bar in order to make any use of it, without it he is a 2 trait tree spec. His rage skills are just condition and cc.

Can berserker not trait endure pain? Defence line with lesser endure pain? A heal skill that absorbs damage for a time to use towards the heal? Hiw long is that in total invincibility? If they don't trait those skills for sustain and go for all dps that's their trade off but there is options. Anyway I'm just saying a good warrior easily stomps a good thief everytime so comparing them is silly if we talking who's better in a fight,if were talking who's better at disengaging than yeah warriors good with gs but thief is better. Also my point was arc devider still hits very hard,people have gotten far to used to powercreep. Fixing other aspects of berserker so it isn't reliant on a single OP skill would be far better than it remaining a spec that needs one skill to be viable.

Dude, you are arguing 1v1 scenarios obviously in wvw, which is balanced around zergfights, can you not realize that this does not work? Its sad, rly.Yes yes, gut warrior in zergs even more because he had 4 second endure pains boohoo.

Go to pvp if you dont like those endure pains, that mode is (more) balanced around small scale fights, and endure pain only lasts 2 seconds. Traited endure pain even has 90sec cd there, same goes with traited balanced stance.

And completely disagree with you, a good thief will stomp a good warrior imo.All warrior skills are telegraphed af. The warrior wont hit anything on the thief due to dodges, blind uptime, weakness spam, and thief mobillity.Honestly, thief easily kites warrior while those pesky 4 seconds of endure pain are active lol

Tl;drDont compare wvw 1v1 scenarios because anet tries to balance around zergfights

@sitarskee.5738 said:Today I got hit for 21k with Arc Divider so it's in good place IMO.

No its not!Before the berserker rework, we had

• TWO core abilities (These abilities did not require your range weapons to hit an enemy 130+ units away to activate traits)
  • TWO berserker abilities with tier 1 adrenaline.

Now, we have:

• ONE burst ability (This bust ability now requires you to hit someone within 130 units to activate traits, if you are using range weapons and your enemy is further than 130 units, you need to go to him on your range weapon to gain the trait benefits or else you will not gain trait benefits.)
  • TWO berserker abilities, with tier 1 adrenaline.

Suppose now that instead of using Greatsword, you pick a build with mace + shield and sword + axe. Where is the damage now? You lost your F1 abilities!Do the math, and convince yourself that berserker was gutted.

If berserker was bad before the rework, now it is even worst.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:Today I got hit for 21k with Arc Divider so it's in good place IMO.

No its not!Before the berserker rework, we had
  • TWO core abilities (These abilities did not require your range weapons to hit an enemy 130+ units away to activate traits)
  • TWO berserker abilities with tier 1 adrenaline.

Now, we have:
  • ONE burst ability (This bust ability now requires you to hit someone within 130 units to activate traits, if you are using range weapons and your enemy is further than 130 units, you need to go to him on your range weapon to gain the trait benefits or else you will not gain trait benefits.)
  • TWO berserker abilities, with tier 1 adrenaline.

Suppose now that instead of using Greatsword, you pick a build with mace + shield and sword + axe. Where is the damage now? You lost your F1 abilities!Do the math, and convince yourself that berserker was gutted.

If berserker was bad before the rework, now it is even worst.

Just point of interest your Primal Bursts will still proc Berserker's Power, Adrenal Health, and Cleansing Ire. Also, why are you not using Gunflame at point blank range? Also why would you not use Berserk Mode at range to use Gunflame if you can't close the gap?

Also, if you are using mace+shield and wondering were your damage went...

Sword+Axe is actually very useful even on a power build. Axe4->Sword3 downs people. Sword2->Axe5 is also amazing. F1 blocks projectiles and gives you an attack at 900 range. When the Berserker roll out happened I used sword+axe and face rolled people until I used Arc Divider for the first time.

Berserker was redesigned as AOE power damage teamfight for Spvp and zerg power cleave for WVW. But since scourge exists all other teamfight builds are useless, because all of the cc conditions it dishes out and cc doesn't really work on them so you can do fuck all in melee range. So people started doing the gimmicky Arc devider one shot builds that are well at best meme worthy since you can be way more effective with the unblockable ranger, revenant, holo or even freaking Reaper.

@Solori.6025 said:Vaans seems to be doing quite well.....

Lol whats the point of showing someone fighting a bunch of noobs? I yet havent seen a video of that guy fighting decent players. Anyone can fight outnumber fights against noobs and make yourself look good. The weak points of warrior are shown when you fight decent opponents with the same skill level as you.

I once defeated a serg of 30 alone. Does that mean that I do well against a thief? No, warrior is not meant to defeat good thieves.

@Vancho.8750 said:Berserker was redesigned as AOE power damage teamfight for Spvp and zerg power cleave for WVW. But since scourge exists all other teamfight builds are useless, because all of the cc conditions it dishes out and cc doesn't really work on them so you can do kitten all in melee range. So people started doing the gimmicky Arc devider one shot builds that are well at best meme worthy since you can be way more effective with the unblockable ranger, revenant, holo or even freaking Reaper.

Use Shake it Off + Signet of Might as you Headbutt the Scourge. Berserk->Arc Divider. GG dead scourge. Same with mirages really.

And yes, use Savage Instinct with Headbutt.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:Berserker was redesigned as AOE power damage teamfight for Spvp and zerg power cleave for WVW. But since scourge exists all other teamfight builds are useless, because all of the cc conditions it dishes out and cc doesn't really work on them so you can do kitten all in melee range. So people started doing the gimmicky Arc devider one shot builds that are well at best meme worthy since you can be way more effective with the unblockable ranger, revenant, holo or even freaking Reaper.

Use Shake it Off + Signet of Might as you Headbutt the Scourge. Berserk->Arc Divider. GG dead scourge. Same with mirages really.

And yes, use Savage Instinct with Headbutt.Jeee wiz man i didnt know they existed. Someone comes and does long winded wall of text and you just say something of the sort of just dodge, do you think i don't understand the class i play. Even if you manage to down it you have burned everything and on low hp so anything can punt you. 1v1 is no problem on warrior since its warrior its bread and butter but like all other team damage specs it just can't compete with the synergy that scrouge has with everything else, since it is almost self sufficient and on top of that we have the fact that it doesn't require much mechanical skill to be successful. The whole thing is disaster of profession design and that goes to every for almost every Elite speck from POF. In which POF speck you have -300 toughness for existing.

@Vancho.8750 said:

And yes, use Savage Instinct with Headbutt.Jeee wiz man i didnt know they existed. Someone comes and does long winded wall of text and you just say something of the sort of just dodge, do you think i don't understand the class i play. Even if you manage to down it you have burned everything and on low hp so anything can punt you. 1v1 is no problem on warrior since its warrior its bread and butter but like all other team damage specs it just can't compete with the synergy that scrouge has with everything else, since it is almost self sufficient and on top of that we have the fact that it doesn't require much mechanical skill to be successful. The whole thing is disaster of profession design and that goes to every for almost every Elite speck from POF. In which POF speck you have -300 toughness for existing.

Who said anything about being low on HP? "Shake it Off!" has counts and Headbutt and signet of might (if traited) only have a 20cd. You still have 1 count of a stun breaker, another utility unused, and Blood reckoning sitting there. If you ARE low on health and people are still up then Blood Reckoning -> AD -> WWA. GG no longer on low HP and people are downed.

As to the rest, Anet did impose too much of a tradeoff with the -300 toughness, long Berserk Mode CD, and loss of core F1. Most of the consensus here though has been that better Berserk Mode management would make it fine. I still don't think that the 'tradeoffs' other specs allegedly have are really tradeoffs. I find Reaper Shroud to be a straight upgrade, and the loss of instant cast virtues from the Guardian especs seems like a light tradeoff relative to what Berserker had to trade away. (Also you are aware that the Berserker is HOT not POF right?)

@Solori.6025 said:

Lol whats the point of showing someone fighting a bunch of noobs?

The point was the damage...Isn't that why you started the thread? Because you miss the 30k spins in tank gear?

Lol thank gear sure thing sure...The damage of all your F1 core skills combined in one. Is that the point you want to talk about?

@Hitman.5829 said:

The point was the damage...Isn't that why you started the thread? Because you miss the 30k spins in tank gear?

Lol thank gear sure thing sure...The damage of all your F1 core skills combined in one. Is that the point you want to talk about?

.....First...explain how are you confused?I wasn't vague was I?Like I'm confused how you still don't know what the point was when I stated it clearly....Anyone here want to help him out? Because I honestly don't know how to make the point of that vid any clearer..

@Solori.6025 said:

.....First...explain how are you confused?I wasn't vague was I?Like I'm confused how you still don't know what the point was when I stated it clearly....Anyone here want to help him out? Because I honestly don't know how to make the point of that vid any clearer..

He can't be helped, many have tried and failed :(

• Confused 1

@Hitman.5829 said:

Lol whats the point of showing someone fighting a bunch of noobs? I yet havent seen a video of that guy fighting decent players. Anyone can fight outnumber fights against noobs and make yourself look good. The weak points of warrior are shown when you fight decent opponents with the same skill level as you.

I once defeated a serg of 30 alone. Does that mean that I do well against a thief? No, warrior is not meant to defeat good thieves.

Watching you get rekt so easy even with a ranged weapon, you cant call anyone a noob.