So, how about them Hyenas?

Durzlla.6295

@"Durzlla.6295" said:

The hyena was nerfed to being half power so that when it’s out the hyena does as much damage as canines, and when it’s out in any scenario it can be buffed (IE Warhorn ranger or spirits) the hyena doesn’t immediately outperform every other pet we have.

Granted this was also back in the glory days of no limit to how many hyenas you could have out since there was no duration, it was just a “until it died or you left combat.” Sort of thing.

I do think at this point in time though they should lower the CD on the hyena summon to like 20s, but add a hard cap to the number of hyenas we can have out, cause currently we can get 3 for a brief like 4s period when traited appropriately. This would allow the Hyena to be useable, instead of just dead in the water.

yeah i understand but halve the power of our hyena didn't bring her to the damage canine are usually doing when the summoned hyena is out. And therefore the summoned hyena shall not be a "get to normal power ability" but normally a buff to our proper hyena .

Finally its not working because the summoned hyena does like 150 damage each auto unbuffed at lvl 80 versus a Sand Shark in POF and our proper hyena does like 500 damage each auto to this same enemy. So it didn't bring our hyena to the other canine damage , Alpin Wolf for example does like 950 to this Sand Shark...

650 vs 950... thats 32 % less from other canines...(+ it goes even wider with buffs because our summoned hyena can't be buffed by beastmastery etc...)

@Gabrya.6297 said:

@"Durzlla.6295" said:

The hyena was nerfed to being half power so that when it’s out the hyena does as much damage as canines, and when it’s out in any scenario it can be buffed (IE Warhorn ranger or spirits) the hyena doesn’t immediately outperform every other pet we have.

Granted this was also back in the glory days of no limit to how many hyenas you could have out since there was no duration, it was just a “until it died or you left combat.” Sort of thing.

I do think at this point in time though they should lower the CD on the hyena summon to like 20s, but add a hard cap to the number of hyenas we can have out, cause currently we can get 3 for a brief like 4s period when traited appropriately. This would allow the Hyena to be useable, instead of just dead in the water.

yeah i understand but halve the power of our hyena didn't bring her to the damage canine are usually doing when the summoned hyena is out. And therefore the summoned hyena shall not be a "get to normal power ability" but normally a buff to our proper hyena .

Finally its not working because the summoned hyena does like 150 damage each auto unbuffed at lvl 80 versus a Sand Shark in POF and our proper hyena does like 500 damage each auto to this same enemy. So it didn't bring our hyena to the other canine damage , Alpin Wolf for example does like 950 to this Sand Shark...

650 vs 950... thats 32 % less from other canines...(+ it goes even wider with buffs because our summoned hyena can't be buffed by beastmastery etc...)

Are you sure? I haven’t checked in a while but last I did an unbuffed Hyena did the same damage as the summoned Hyena which ended up totaling to what other canines do (actually more because the other abilities, but autos were even).

It wouldn’t be the first time they’ve stealth nerfed Hyenas for literally no reason so I wouldn’t even be surprised if our summoned one now only does 150. And if that’s the case, yeah just buff the normal Hyena and have the summon for effectively just a second body and more CC

@Seabreeze.8437 said:

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:I do agree the model needs to be changed, as Ranger it is my duty to take care of my pets, no way they should look so unhealthy!

I am very much in agreement with the OP, and ProtoMarcus drives the point home. I love hyenas, and it makes me sad that the one my asura ranger cares for... doesn't look cared for. Like... at all. :cry:

I hear that! It’s the main reason i hate the Druid pet nerf, implying I don’t care for my pets and now they’re weakened or something; I hate it. :cry:

@VDAC.2137 said:

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:I do agree the model needs to be changed, as Ranger it is my duty to take care of my pets, no way they should look so unhealthy!

I am very much in agreement with the OP, and ProtoMarcus drives the point home. I love hyenas, and it makes me sad that the one my asura ranger cares for... doesn't look cared for. Like... at all. :cry:

I hear that! It’s the main reason i hate the Druid pet nerf, implying I don’t care for my pets and now they’re weakened or something; I hate it. :cry:

Yeah, I know WHY they nerfed Druid pets, it’s because they wanted to limit a tanky healer doing damage while speccing tanky, which is fine.

But I really wish they would’ve just played it off like “your pet has followed in your footsteps and has become less aggressive” sorta thing and just nerfed the damage and left the tankyness alone, or if they lowered the pets stats across the board as they did, to then give it some synergy with our avatar state, even if it’s just them getting revived upon entering or exiting it.