How do I improve my attempts to use skyscale skill 1?

I am having a terribad time at trying to aim skill 1 so that it hits a mob. Currently my method is to try to aim, the mob runs towards me, and I kite it back into the fire. I would love to know a better method, as this one is very hit and miss.

I also can't get 1 to work when I am off the ground. There is no out-of-range indicator when I try to do this. What am I doing wrong?

@"Hesione.9412" said:I am having a terribad time at trying to aim skill 1 so that it hits a mob. Currently my method is to try to aim, the mob runs towards me, and I kite it back into the fire. I would love to know a better method, as this one is very hit and miss.

I also can't get 1 to work when I am off the ground. There is no out-of-range indicator when I try to do this. What am I doing wrong?

For the aiming part: to get a very clear picture of where it will land, go to Divinity's Reach and stand on the circle of darker brown paving slabs near the exit into Queensdale. (Not in the circle, but actually on the darker brown slabs.) Aim your character directly across the circle toward the other side. Mount up but do not fly, then use skill 1. You'll see that the far side of the circle just touches the darker brown slabs on the other side, but displaced slightly to the left of where you're looking.

OK, so now you know how to judge where it will land. How to keep the foes there? If you have a character with a good leap skill, leap to the foes as soon as you launch the Skyscale. Do not wait for the circle to land, but leap immediately so that the circle lands on you and the foe together. That can be hard with ground-target leaps like Vault, but GS Guardians have it easy... Weavers with an off-hand Dagger can use secondary "air" skill 4 to charge the enemies, that sort of thing.

Final step: you can't get it to work when you're off the ground because it only attacks when you are on the ground. In mid-air, it is a descender skill that, if you keep it held, will attack normally once you land, sort of like how it is on Griffon, where skill 1 initiates a dive that turns into an attack if you crash into the ground, and it causes a jump-up-and-crash if you are already on the ground.