Dragonfall and rollbacks

I can deal with disconnections but the rollbacks are just one big fucking no to meWhat the hell Anet I thought we were past this =\

If you promote grinding at least don't reward us with this crapI have to disconnect only to find myself in LA 30 minutes before I joined the map for the first time today?! which means I lost everything I've done so far?!All the mats, achivements and progress for nothing.

This isn't the first time it happend to me ever since the release of the last episodeplease address this problem and set a priority to this because its not acceptable.The game should work to some degree at least and the rollbacks are too extreme =\

@Obtena.7952 said:I haven't seen any rollback announcements from Anet since the release of the last episode so ... what are you talking about?

I'm getting rollbacks then, its not my end because its happening only when I join dragonfall.I can go to LA and play while being on fps of 15 without crashing for 3 hours in a row.

Dragonfall is crashing not only to me and I doubt I'm the only one who gets rollbacksthe thing is, its not happening everytime I DC but its happening often.

Glad things work for you but not for me, this is annoying and progress lost and its unfair for me

@Obtena.7952 said:Well, rollbacks are server or game wide and they affect everyone ... so whatever is happening to you is not a rollback that's for sure. If this was happening to lots of other people ... it's strange no one else is complaining about it.

So I'm imagining this?!Am I that bored to make something up?

I don't have much time to play nor I have time to make false complaintsAnd with the time I have to play I want to go in and play the game and enjoy it, and this is not fun to lose progress.

Doesn't matter if people complained here or not, they may have sent a ticket to support but I don't need people to support meAnet can check their logs if they want to for my account if they want to and then they can address the problem

@Nokomis.5076 said:Just for the statistics:I never had this problem even once. I completed each Skyscale collectio on Dragonfall without any problems.

This problem is new to me, or more fair to say it happned in the past..once with the release of the third episode I think at least for me and a few othersYou can find old threads talking about this.

Now its happening again and I don't know whyI just hope the devs pay attention to my request and fix it as soon as possible

@Obtena.7952 said:Well, rollbacks are server or game wide and they affect everyone ... so whatever is happening to you is not a rollback that's for sure. If this was happening to lots of other people ... it's strange no one else is complaining about it.

Changes to your account are stored by the map instance and are only periodically synced with the main server. When the map crashes, you will lose what hadn't been saved yet, which is generally the last 5~10 minutes.

@InvaGir.9158 said:I have to disconnect only to find myself in LA 30 minutes before I joined the map for the first time today?! which means I lost everything I've done so far?!

LA is the default spawn point, so you didn't necessarily lose the entire 30 minutes.

@Healix.5819 said:

Changes to your account are stored by the map instance and are only periodically synced with the main server. When the map crashes, you will lose what hadn't been saved yet, which is generally the last 5~10 minutes.

Fair enough ... but that's not a rollback and it doesn't sound like it's a problem with the game itself because it doesn't appear to be a widely spread issue ... where are all the complaints if it was?

@Healix.5819 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:I have to disconnect only to find myself in LA 30 minutes before I joined the map for the first time today?! which means I lost everything I've done so far?!

LA is the default spawn point, so you didn't necessarily lose the entire 30 minutes.

I lost everything I've done for 30 minutes or so, maybe lessThe first thing I also noticed my build switched back to the one I had before I teleported to DF

@Obtena.7952 said:

Fair enough ... but that's not a rollback and it doesn't sound like it's a problem with the game itself because it doesn't appear to be a widely spread issue ... where are all the complaints if it was?

Right and lots of people had a crashing problem during the first episodes of LS4I was not among these people and I had no crashing issues at all except from the first hours of their release.

What is your point exactly? Just because something works for you it means it works for others?

@Obtena.7952 said:Fair enough ... but that's not a rollback and it doesn't sound like it's a problem with the game itself because it doesn't appear to be a widely spread issue ... where are all the complaints if it was?

Most people simply aren't going notice, but this has happened to anyone that has been suddenly disconnected with the 1083 error.

@InvaGir.9158 said:

So I'm imagining this?!Am I that bored to make something up?

I don't have much time to play nor I have time to make false complaintsAnd with the time I have to play I want to go in and play the game and enjoy it, and this is not fun to lose progress.

Doesn't matter if people complained here or not, they may have sent a ticket to support but I don't need people to support meAnet can check their logs if they want to for my account if they want to and then they can address the problem

Interesting reply tbh.If your not wanting people to support you, why then have you created this topic on the public forum.I have not heard of any players in game having rollback issues.. in fact in 7 yrs I have never had one . As @Obtena.7952 said, I would expect a rollback would affect the whole server/game not you specifically.

Did you send in a ticket, if not maybe you should.. if you have, then ANET will look into it and reply to you.

Hope you get your issue sorted one way or another though.

I think you have a disconnect and not a rollback. When you crash inside story instance of Dragonfall or on Dragonfall itself you get ported to LA (they made it like this). If you disconnect in a story instance and you didn't complete it the achievements related may indeed not be saved (unless you past its save point).The progress save also depends on a fully completed instanced story checkpoint. If you get any achieve on Dragonfall map itself it won't vanish as those go insta saved. Same for progress saves here. Story rewards are also given at end (story completion stages). Loot from Dragonfall map enemies and modes shouldn't disappear.

I would check your internet connection and game settings to fix the crashes. Perhaps a repair of game as well. In worst case you can make a support ticket.

@"InvaGir.9158" said:I can deal with disconnections but the rollbacks are just one big kitten no to meRollbacks aren't intentional.

What's happening is that your computer thinks you're connected and shows you busy in the game, while ANet's servers are saying, "warning, will robinson, warning." When they crash, they simply don't remember whatever it was that people were doing.

That doesn't mean that ANet is powerless. Probably they should restart whatever virtual servers are being used for Dragonfall.

The best way to get their attention is to give them the symptoms of your crashes: time, date, instance IP (if you know it). You can use /bug to save time.Save the commentary for another thread. The extra verbiage just distracts from the important details.

Speaking for myself, if I'm in a map instance that crashes more than "a few times," I'll move on to something else (whether in game or not).

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Rollbacks aren't intentional.

What's happening is that your computer thinks you're connected and shows you busy in the game, while ANet's servers are saying, "warning, will robinson, warning."

This. Usually, you have been disconnected long before you receive the disconnection notice on your end. It's been an issue since, well, forever.

Fortunately, you don't lose anything when that happens (items, currency spent etc).

This type of thing has been happening for years, and you absolutely can lose things. Happened to me and a bud, all progress was lost for both of us, and the nice precursor drop was gone as well. I finished Gom's lab, had it reset and lost the completion. Like I said, it happens, but if it is happening a lot that's a different story and I would open a support ticket.

Happened to my GF aswell, there were some server issues or something like that. She dc'd and then when trying to enter the game the loading screen of the previous map showed up, but she was unable to get past that screen. After a while it got fixed and she found herself in Jahai again, as if nothing happened.