Dear Anet before you listen to all the haters about the ranger please read. I will keep it short.

silentsiren.4879

The ranger class is in a sad state already. No matter what current spec or gear you bring. NON ask or wants you in WvW squads. The ranger dont need a nerf it needs rework or a new spec.

The ranger class are not vaild in wvw. We are put in "shame groups" (no buffs or as little as possible). Non is ever looking for a ranger in a squad for any WvW play. They laugh at you and say play a real class. Think hard before you kill or change any ability of the ranger. You will kill the ranger, that in its current state a very DEAD, HATED and very USELESS class for Wvw fights. I think its a big shame what some of these haters are saying. Just wanted you to hear from a ranger perspective.

Please Buff the class make some use full changes so we are asked to join the fun in WvW SQUAD play. I am so tired of these haters. If you change the class so it makes even less dmg? What use will it be then? Its a horror show already in its current state.

To the other players in here please dont flame, or be mean. We can all start to point out what advantages other classes have, I haven't done that. I am trying to keep my arguments clean from hate. Any other class is more wanted in WvW squad play.

Ps, I been playing Gw2 for soon 7 years. Before there was ranks in WvW. And mostly on ranger class.

Thank you for your time,
A bullied ranger danger class ( sad face) that's how some say and laugh at you.

I have found limited success using the new glyph of the stars on my druid. Lack of stability makes it very hard to channel. But if you can do it, it is such a strong skill. On a full minstrel druid I was averaging 5-6k tics on downed players which is a quick rez in most situations. I believe this elite skill was Anet's attempt at bringing ranger into the fold for zerg play. However, as I said before you really need stab to pull it off (yes even from range) and right now every commander I know will not put you in a party with a stab bot so the end result is the same as before. If commanders start to actually see this and change one squad within in their zerg to try this things may start to change.

I don't see major changes coming to the class as a whole to provide zerg build options until we get a new spec and even then it's not for sure.

Boonbeast is the strongest roaming class, and the strongest sPvP class bar none. You cannot lose duels as the class, it has an easy time fighting when outnumbered, mostly because it has everything and is very easy to play.

Not every class is supposed to be usable for all parts of WvW. If you aren't accepted in Zergs, go roam abuse what's op about the class.

If people don't want you in their squads then just throw a glass LB build on, follow them around and snipe all their downed kills from behind the zerg.

Everyone has a right to play, if the squad don't want you in it they can't stop you following them around and benefitting from the captures and kills.All players usually contribute in some way so just have fun and ignore any class discrimination.If it bothers you that much you can always block people who keep trashing your class.

@yusayu.3629 said:Not every class is supposed to be usable for all parts of WvW. If you aren't accepted in Zergs, go roam abuse what's op about the class.You are wrong and your statement is false. All classes should have a build which allows them to contribute to squads. That’s the motto of this game “play what you want” I did not come here to play the disgusting trinity present in other games.

@Teratus.2859 said:Everyone has a right to play, if the squad don't want you in it they can't stop you following them around and benefitting from the captures and kills.Oh yes they can, apparently you don’t play with ranger or wvw. The commander just need to lead the enemy Zerg over you and without their boon support you are done.Or you are so far from the combat which you are a simply watching instead playing.

All this disgruntled here coming to bash the class... I still think In every profile should be visible the amount of hours each players has on each class.

I agree ranger in general needs some buffs or at least a better design.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Everyone has a right to play, if the squad don't want you in it they can't stop you following them around and benefitting from the captures and kills.Oh yes they can, apparently you don’t play with ranger or wvw. The commander just need to lead the enemy Zerg over you and without their boon support you are done.Or you are so far from the combat which you are a simply watching instead playing.

All this disgruntled here coming to bash the class... I still think In every profile should be visible the amount of hours each players has on each class.

I agree ranger in general needs some buffs or at least a better design.

I play exclusively Ranger in WvW albiet I don't play WvW often, more so since the Warclaw but still rarely.I've never had a problem following a zerg, getting tons of kills or being involved in the captures.

Never has a commander ever risked their own squad to remove me from following them, there's absolutely no point in them doing so and they're far more focused on the enemy.An extra player whether in the squad or not is another damage source, if their sniping the downed they're giving others loot, preventing enemy rez as well as potentially rallying squad members who fall so they're contributing in their own way.LB Rangers are great for destroying Arrow Carts and Catapaults up on high ground that most other classes lack the Range to reach, 2 LB Rangers can quickly burst an Arrowcart down but a single one can solo them if need be, as well as pressure enemies to stay off them unless they are really tanky.I always prioratize seige when we raid a keep, and if I die doing it im not in the squad so no big loss for them right :)We can also obliterate Warclaws, usually before they have a chance to turn tail and run.

Profile time thing sounds like a fun feature though, I like that.I have 2,616 hours logged on Ranger in total.And 2,036 hours logged on Necromancer.Warrior is probably somwhere around the 1,000 hour mark as well but I didn't check that.

The best solution for all class and balance problems is one that's been given since the game came out imo.Split the skills and balance each class for each mode specifically thus no more PvE changes breaking WvW or PvP changes killing PvE builds etc.

With the state of ranger currently, I believe what the class needs is not a buff nor a debuff, but a massive overhaul.

Frankly, the pet did so much more damage than the ranger did for most of the game's life, until soulbeast managed to reap those juicy damage boosts for themselves, and that's how we got to the current situation.

A rework would aim and reducing the massive damage boosts the pet gets down to level with the rest of traits from other classes, and also boost ranger weapon skill coefficients to compensate.

or at least, that's how I would approach balancing of the class.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"yusayu.3629" said:Not every class is supposed to be usable for all parts of WvW. If you aren't accepted in Zergs, go roam abuse what's op about the class.You are wrong and your statement is false. All classes should have a build which allows them to contribute to squads. That’s the motto of this game “play what you want” I did not come here to play the disgusting trinity present in other games.

Nobody is stopping you from playing in squads, still. But SLB is a class designed around small-scale fights, and they'd have to change the class drastically to make it zerg-viable.

The "play-what-you-want"-mentality is for casual play. Nobody is preventing you to play the class casually, in a pub zerg. I've never seen a comm kick people for not playing a zerg class.

No, SLB and Ranger in general do not need buffs. SLB is the most broken class in competitive currently in the game.

@yusayu.3629 said:No, SLB and Ranger in general do not need buffs. SLB is the most broken class in competitive currently in the game.

Except it isn't.And if you actually think there aren't parts of core ranger that needs improvement, you're way more clueless about the class than you seemed at first glance.

@yusayu.3629 said:

@yusayu.3629 said:No, SLB and Ranger in general do not need buffs. SLB is the most broken class in competitive currently in the game.

Except it isn't.

If you only play WvW in zergs, maybe not for you. But SLB has been terrorizing sPvP and roaming WvW for weeks.

I play everything, and more importantly I play ranger doing everything. It's not terrorizing jack shit, that's you being awful. I haven't lost to a single roaming boonbeast. Ever.

And to repeat myself; if you actually think there aren't parts of core ranger that needs improvement, you're way more clueless about the class than you seemed at first glance.

@"yusayu.3629" said:

Nobody is stopping you from playing in squads, still. But SLB is a class designed around small-scale fights, and they'd have to change the class drastically to make it zerg-viable.

The "play-what-you-want"-mentality is for casual play. Nobody is preventing you to play the class casually, in a pub zerg. I've never seen a comm kick people for not playing a zerg class.

No, SLB and Ranger in general do not need buffs. SLB is the most broken class in competitive currently in the game.

Maybe he does not need buff but he does need tweaks for sure. ( Core need some improvement )

If you nerf soulbeast damage too much actually its gonna be braindead useless and it was never OP like a Holo can be...

Come on even in SPvP and WvW. The boonbeast isn't even an impossible encounter in 1v1 , it can be really easily killed and the animation are like a "noob friendly tutorial" to learn to dodge...

@"silentsiren.4879" said:The ranger class is in a sad state already. No matter what current spec or gear you bring. NON ask or wants you in WvW squads. The ranger dont need a nerf it needs rework or a new spec.

The ranger class are not vaild in wvw. We are put in "shame groups" (no buffs or as little as possible). Non is ever looking for a ranger in a squad for any WvW play. They laugh at you and say play a real class. Think hard before you kill or change any ability of the ranger. You will kill the ranger, that in its current state a very DEAD, HATED and very USELESS class for Wvw fights. I think its a big shame what some of these haters are saying. Just wanted you to hear from a ranger perspective.

Please Buff the class make some use full changes so we are asked to join the fun in WvW SQUAD play. I am so tired of these haters. If you change the class so it makes even less dmg? What use will it be then? Its a horror show already in its current state.

To the other players in here please dont flame, or be mean. We can all start to point out what advantages other classes have, I haven't done that. I am trying to keep my arguments clean from hate. Any other class is more wanted in WvW squad play.

Ps, I been playing Gw2 for soon 7 years. Before there was ranks in WvW. And mostly on ranger class.

Thank you for your time,

A bullied ranger danger class ( sad face) that's how some say and laugh at you.

100% Agree, and i can also say this can be applied for pvp aswell. Everyone in the pvp forum is complaining about Sic em + unstoppable union, but people don't understand that unblockables and damage modifiers are the only things rangers can bring to the table right now. Anet nerfed heals, nerfed ress potential, nerfed boons, nerfed sustain, nerfed EVERYTHING to the point that druid/core are barely PLAYABLE. Cut off unblockables and damage, and what are we supposed to play then? Firebrands, scourges, holos and revs? C'mon.I'm not saying Sic Em and unstoppable union are ok, sure they need some adjustements. But RIGHT NOW these are the only things left to rangers, and they will 100% nerfed in the next balance patch, you will see. Be prepared to reroll another class.

People need to understand that not every class is made to do amazing in zergs. Asking for ranger rework to make it a zerg viable class is like asking for a heal thief. I play ranger alot and its a perfect roaming class and I honestly dont need sic em in WvW and PvP. Its true that Sic em probably needs a 50% nerf to the damage modifier in WvW and PvP but it can stay the same in PvE. Like the OP stated, no squad wants a ranger in a zerg but asking for a rework just so that it can be played in a zerg is pretty dumb. Does any squad ask for a thief in zergs ? or do they ask for a mesmer in zergs ? So, its pointless to whine for something thats actually not required since ranger already shines in PvP as a boonbeast, WvW as a roamer and in PvE as a dps.

@Largo Cifer.3495 said:People need to understand that not every class is made to do amazing in zergs. Asking for ranger rework to make it a zerg viable class is like asking for a heal thief. I play ranger alot and its a perfect roaming class and I honestly dont need sic em in WvW and PvP. Its true that Sic em probably needs a 50% nerf to the damage modifier in WvW and PvP but it can stay the same in PvE. Like the OP stated, no squad wants a ranger in a zerg but asking for a rework just so that it can be played in a zerg is pretty dumb. Does any squad ask for a thief in zergs ? or do they ask for a mesmer in zergs ? So, its pointless to whine for something thats actually not required since ranger already shines in PvP as a boonbeast, WvW as a roamer and in PvE as a dps.

Do you know what a portal bomb is in wvw? Mesmer are WANTED!!

@silentsiren.4879 said:

@Largo Cifer.3495 said:People need to understand that not every class is made to do amazing in zergs. Asking for ranger rework to make it a zerg viable class is like asking for a heal thief. I play ranger alot and its a perfect roaming class and I honestly dont need sic em in WvW and PvP. Its true that Sic em probably needs a 50% nerf to the damage modifier in WvW and PvP but it can stay the same in PvE. Like the OP stated, no squad wants a ranger in a zerg but asking for a rework just so that it can be played in a zerg is pretty dumb. Does any squad ask for a thief in zergs ? or do they ask for a mesmer in zergs ? So, its pointless to whine for something thats actually not required since ranger already shines in PvP as a boonbeast, WvW as a roamer and in PvE as a dps.

ahh whoops, yes portals. I actually missed that. But then again, i was talking about the current meta and dont see many zergs portal bombing with mesmers now, unlike the good old days when portals used to be a THING.

@Largo Cifer.3495 said:

ahh whoops, yes portals. I actually missed that. But then again, i was talking about the current meta and don't see many zergs portal bombing with mesmers now, unlike the good old days when portals used to be a THING.

I am glad that you realized that Mesmer still has his spot in a zerk (GvG too). But! Mesmer also shines in PvP, roamer in WvW and also in PvE (even usual we talk here about sPVP and WvW).Atm, we can agree that ranger (maybe thief too) is the only class without any role in WvW zerk or GvG. I don't complain, because I like roaming, and as someone said, I can go side by side with a zerk and do my assassin job. Usually, I am roaming with other 2-3 friends, so we can support each other when it needs.

I think they must bring it back the Druid Healer/Support build in that way that they could compete with Guardian and Elementalist.I don't see atm how could they fix Soulbeast to fit it into a zerk raid.

@Lazze.9870 said:

Except it isn't.

If you only play WvW in zergs, maybe not for you. But SLB has been terrorizing sPvP and roaming WvW for weeks.

I play everything, and more importantly I play ranger doing everything. It's not terrorizing jack kitten, that's you being awful. I haven't lost to a single roaming boonbeast. Ever.

And to repeat myself; if you actually think there aren't parts of
core
ranger that needs improvement, you're way more clueless about the class than you seemed at first glance.

There are parts of all core classes that need improvement. Why play condi/shatter Mesmer without Mirage Dodge? Why play Engi without Holoforge? Why play Elementalist without Overload or Dual attacks? And imo, core builds aren't supposed to be used anymore. Many of them are outdated.

Also, Boonbeast is one of the most played class in sPvP now, especially in high Plat/Legend. Now, granted, I'm only at about 1650, so I don't have much experience with the absolut top of the leaderboard, but I can see people who are much better than me in my sPvP guild complaining about the class all day.

• Core ranger needs a rework/buff true. Core is and has been in a sad state and if you don't want to heal/loose your companion the only option you have is to run base ranger who mind you is not trash; But is far from being strong in any real way.
  • Soul-beast is overtuned and needs a nerf, it's to problem not the core class itself.
  • Yes we could use another spec, but I fear what they might do when it comes.

All'n'all the core class like revenant needs some love, the specs from the expansions are strong additions but they are not the core class itself. Thus their Identity is their own and while you might see herald/Soul-beast as op The core class might be the one getting hit with the nerf bat and thus the problem is not resolved. It has happened before and Id rather see full reworks to the core classes to make them competitive with their elite specs than see them outright gutted into oblivion.