Do you like the daredevil trade-off?

Crab Fear.1624

Swipe is really awkward because in the end, it's still just steal but half the range. It's hardly a trade off, just a nerf from baseline steal.

Swipe should have been some kind of close combat or acrobatic steal/dodge built in together. Or it would affect the next grandmaster dodge trait, projectile steal from lotus, aoe steal from bound, and add a single target hit like staff 3 to dash that steals.

Or like deadeye, give daredevil unique steal items that are acrobatic with an evade built in.

Literally anything besides swipe. It's so boring.

In concept and in relation to core game power, it's fine and a good idea for all the classes to move towards.

If the rest of the game is gonna maintain the powercreep, then yeah, it's a boneheaded change because no other elite spec really has significant penalties tied to its playstyle change yet; even reaper used to have these weaknesses, but they powercreeped "moar damage" complaints so far it's more or less only an issue at higher-tier skill levels in what basically amounts to duels.

You go to a thief forum and ask the question,

"Do you like this nerf"

... What kind of awnser did you expect? ;)

I'm not overly fond of the change. A 600 range nerf with no core buff isn't enough to make me drop Daredevil - it's just going to make me a salty daredevil with a 600 range steal. I think this change was lazy and just downright bad, since the change makes it more difficult to stick to our enemy.