So how is DD as a brawler spec working out for u thief players?

Psycoprophet.8107

Honestly I haven't played DD since the changes as I feel I have basically no incentive to do so over core or deadeye, and the only DD players I've seen in WvW have been playing D/P bound going for one shots. Sword thieves I've seen are almost exclusively playing core, I've seen the odd condi daredevil and staff is even less common than it was, oddly enough.

@Alatar.7364 said:In sPvP;It's not. Only vs less skilled players, but hell, what doesn't work vs less skilled player...(talking about Staff here as I believe that was intended for bralwer purposes by devs)

Dont forget about the single crazy cancerous d/d Trap DD who is doing just fine in his Gold heaven :3 And yea I simply dont want to argue about the fact it sucks since i know it is good for my purposes only since i am only one playing it in the whole world. So from now on i wont argue about theif at all. My interest was lost due to excesive drinking today and severe sleep deprivation. BUT I promise i will not continue to argue with you ppl since it anyway makes no sense and it is pointless like A CIRCLEExample = OSEE NO EDGEThat is not for meI need to be Edgy. That is my flow guys. YEA.I m gonna go back to PvP to play at my ridiculous 50000k ping (yea i litelarry had that today) hoping i hit anything and if not i will proceede with standardtized procedure such as cursing out loud smashing my table and then having another glass.Evening well spent AYEEEEEE

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:In sPvP;It's not. Only vs less skilled players, but hell, what doesn't work vs less skilled player...
(talking about Staff here as I believe that was intended for bralwer purposes by devs)

Dont forget about the single crazy cancerous d/d Trap DD who is doing just fine in his Gold heaven :3 And yea I simply dont want to argue about the fact it sucks since i know it is good for my purposes only since i am only one playing it in the whole world. So from now on i wont argue about theif at all. My interest was lost due to excesive drinking today and severe sleep deprivation. BUT I promise i will not continue to argue with you ppl since it anyway makes no sense and it is pointless like A CIRCLEExample = OSEE NO EDGEThat is not for meI need to be Edgy. That is my flow guys. YEA.I m gonna go back to PvP to play at my ridiculous 50000k ping (yea i litelarry had that today) hoping i hit anything and if not i will proceede with standardtized procedure such as cursing out loud smashing my table and then having another glass.Evening well spent AYEEEEEE

I explicitly said "talking about Staff" to make it clear I am talking only from that specific perspective.I didn't say, nor do I think, that someones specific build is also not working.I myself do not like Condi-Thief, even though I like condi builds, so I don't speak for condi-DD-perspective because I don't play it.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:In sPvP;It's not. Only vs less skilled players, but hell, what doesn't work vs less skilled player...
(talking about Staff here as I believe that was intended for bralwer purposes by devs)

I
explicitly
said
"talking about Staff"
to make it clear I am talking only from that specific perspective.I didn't say, nor do I think, that someones specific build is also not working.I myself do not like Condi-Thief, even though I like condi builds, so I don't speak for condi-DD-perspective because I don't play it.

;}) its okay i just said it to keeepmy edge bro i kmow you dont like condi thieves. fortunately beside me there isnt rly many more of them

Staff does not work for any pvp mode because of 2 reasons:Lack of gap closers; vault does not count as it has limited range, is stopped by verticality, and has high initiative so you cannot repeatedly gap close to targets that are kiting. And clunky skills such as weakening charge which is slow and randomly sometimes stops in place and dust strike which can be avoided by quickly spaming the strafing keys.

Outside staff s/p works really well for pvp/wvw but most players seam to refuse to acknowledge the power of the build.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:In sPvP;It's not. Only vs less skilled players, but hell, what doesn't work vs less skilled player...

I
explicitly
said
"talking about Staff"
to make it clear I am talking only from that specific perspective.I didn't say, nor do I think, that someones specific build is also not working.I myself do not like Condi-Thief, even though I like condi builds, so I don't speak for condi-DD-perspective because I don't play it.

;}) its okay i just said it to keeepmy edge bro i kmow you dont like condi thieves. fortunately beside me there isnt rly many more of them

Simply cus condi thief builds are terrible in pvp

@bluri.2653 said:

Simply cus condi thief builds are terrible in pvp

I said I wont argue leave me alone :P and just to note this power thief builds also dont shine that bright so you could boast buddy

I mean, all powerbased thief builds are in top both in ladder and in tournaments so no you are wrong

waves his hand above this madness and leaves into the sunset Adios amigo.