Roast My PvP Gameplay. Saltbeastderusting

Shadelang.3012

Hey All,

Some of you know me as shade. Others as "that fucking ranger". Still others as saltbeast back when I streamed. But the majority of you are probably thinking "Hurry the heck up and get on it with it so I can shitpost you".

Well fair enough. I took a long break from PvP. And I mean a LOOOOONG break.

But I decided to get back into it and try to shake off some rust. But there in lies the problem. I play largely aggressively and reactively. I don't sit there and form complicated plots or plan out every little detail I do so it can be hard for me to to realize where I went wrong beyond (I died there and had alot of people stabbing me...huh I should try not to do that again).

Now before people flame me for being a newb let me say I when I was still active I placed regularly in the top 15 during pvp season after pvp season. Regularly ending up in the top ten as well as my highest being 3rd place. Almost entirely through solo que and sometimes in metas that countered me so I atleast have a basic understanding.

I decided to do an experiment though precisely because its difficult for me to break things down. I recorded 3 matches with absolutely zero edits.

Feel free to go through them and rip them apart as you please. What you think I did right. What you think I did wrong. What was definitely my fault. Etc. Etc. Etc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnE8C1CiN8CuCCctgFPB7ZFEASY5j2Vbs1Zv1pSZnI9JtC-jphIQB+7CAwtDBw32fAAHBg4VGIgPAAA here is what I typically run. Though I may change small things the overal theme has been consistent for me for several years.

Things I already knowGame 1 I over committed ALOT and didn't have great map awareness. This led me to getting ganked a good bit and just play overwhelmed/stunlocked.I messed up some rather easy combos throughout the play session (Again I admit I am very rusty)I got SUPER over hyped during some fights (Fuck it I was having fun okay?!)Muse is godly.

Things people may not know about me. I call my playstyle a "harrier" soul beast. Its based largely around playing aggressive and just overwhelming an opponent. Or just plane being a CONTINUOUS nuisance and not letting them get a clear rest off at any point. I do not enjoy playing the more baity playstyles though I am fully capable of countering a heavily overplayed offensive as much as any player.

So with that. Have at me gw2 forums. (Also ignore the 2 minutes of me standing in the desert at the end of the third video. I was looking over the recordings to make sure things worked propperly and didn't realize I hadn't STOPPED recording.)

Big dogs haven't came in to give their opinions, so Ill throw my 2c in.

First video you had some nice fights.It was fun to watch. I like the frenetic pace.I Just wasn't sure you were going to be able to make anything happen.You tried to go Shadelang vs the world.I think you would of died a few more times had you not been so technically sound at getting away.

I dont think the comp you faced did you any favors.Ele, Engie, Necro, Thief and Ranger (which seemed like you stalemated with)I like the 1v2 you had with the thief/warrior but you put yourself in a bad spot with that ele coming up on rez.You knew that was coming or had to expect it, you just killed him.But like you said, chalk that up to map awareness and over committing.

-Side thoughtsWhere was your team? Could you have +1'd more?Did you all just give up on bell completely?

I think Ranger is in a bad spot at the moment. It's more than just not being 'meta'.Everyone knows soulbeasts tricks. Maul Missed a lot.On to the next vid

Video 2

I don't have a lot of critique. You didn't face classes that caused you difficulty earlier.-Power Ranger, Ele, Engie and Rev.Your Team comp was better.

-I like to start that map the same way.Hello... Bad Manners -_-When you hit mid with dmg into the evade/rez and then onto the warrior---that was very smooth and relentless.The combos too, ver smooov.That play was pivotal and pushed the tempo of the rest of the match.

What would of happened if you would of lost mid and the tempo?

You have great vision. -the rezzes, stomps, +1 a teammate (mez fight on the way to far)And the lockdown of the warrior at mid, sicnasty....although he did seem, hesitant.

Was a good game, for you.

Hey there, nice to see you are back at it. I really enjoyed watching your streams and your gameplay in general, so I look forward to more. Are these posted in chronological order? If so, I can really observe you refamiliarizing yourself with the gamemode and playstyle. Seems like you were quickly finding your groove again. Not really any advice to give on my end as I haven't touched the class in months.

Video 3

Fortune Favors The BoldI thought you dug in to deep in the beginning going hard in, but ended up working out.Kill the Necro! haha

At around 6 mins, you dropped off the downed ele to help a teammate kill the RevNice vision.

♥ M U S E ♥Favorite BandListened to Hysteria Live in Rome an hour before.That bass lineYou ever heard the Outro to the live Stockholm Syndrome WembleyMatt Bellamy Tearing it upCheck it out-

Okay I'm gonna tell you what I think about videos first of all. If you recorded this with the purpose of getting feedback it's fine I guess. But if you want engaging fun video you should crop out the parts where you aren't doing anything at least. Also, please zoom out your camera. Way too close. Can't see what's going on.

Btw, I give this feedback to help you, not roast.

First video: 1 minute 30 s.Why you use bear stance? Only use if you're fighting pure condi builds. It doesn't give enough sustain for a 25s cooldown.

You use hunters shot for stealth on warrior even though he is far away. Pointless. You typically need it for defense rotation so don't waste it on someone that far away who only has melee.

3 minutes 18 s. Stop fighting in the middle of map. Focus on points. Especially when enemy is the only team with nodes capped. They have 2cap you have 0 but everyone is fighting in middle of map. Very, very very bad idea.

So watched most of the video now and you seem to be ok with mechanical skill but you lack experience with positioning. That's something you will learn with time but it's things like knowing when you can and cannot dive into a team fight with melee, what your weakness is at any given point ( there were 2-3 downed players, you had no stunbreak ready .. you should've tried to cleave someone else instead because it's fairly obvious warrior will use self res in that situation and stun you)

Maybe I'll watch more later but we'll see. GL.

Alright. Sorry for taking so long to respond. I don't forum monger NEARLY as much as I used to. Thank you @EnderzShadow.2506 for the insight. @Sandzibar.5134 oh man its good to see your still around haha thanks for all the times before.

I use bear stance because its one more way to get out of death by soft CC. Hunters shot I use liberally. I don't usually see a point in saving it and it can often be good to just get a free moment to look around at whats at you without needing to watch your model for a burst from something you didn't see. I fought near the spawn because my team was getting railed. The attempt was to pull some attention off of my allies. Unfortunately i didn't pick the right target and got countered instead but hey it happens.