Gizmo Rewards and PvP Player Population

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We have no current plans to make the monthly tournament gizmos available outside of winning the monthly AT.

We do have a weapon set coming for PvP/WvW this summer, assuming nothing goes wrong. Additionally, there is a new pvp/wvw armor set planned for late fall/early winter. We have some other rewards planned as well, but I want to preserve some mystery. :)

ben the true mvp of anet keeping 2 gamemodes alive just with his comunications

I don't get your motives. You want people who aren't interested in PVP or don't enjoy PVP, to be goaded into PVP for rewards so that you can complain about PVE players ruining your PVP experience? It already happens in WvW, serious WvW players pissed off about people taking up slots on the map and not contributing to the overall fights when needed or being really bad because they're just PVE players trying to get things like gifts of battle. If PVP playerbases are small and needing to be boosted, you might want to look at the PVP mode itself and find what people don't intrinsically like about it that makes them not want to do it just for fun (poor balance, boring or frustrating meta, toxic playerbase, bored of the available modes even if they used to enjoy it (repetition can lessen the enjoyment of even a once enjoyable activity)). Baiting people with rewards that everyone might want just gets you the wrong kind of players.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We have no current plans to make the monthly tournament gizmos available outside of winning the monthly AT.

We do have a weapon set coming for PvP/WvW this summer, assuming nothing goes wrong. Additionally, there is a new pvp/wvw armor set planned for late fall/early winter. We have some other rewards planned as well, but I want to preserve some mystery. :)

Awesome!

Any chance that one day WvW Legendary Armour may get their own unique skins? :cookie:

Sounds great, looking forward to see what you guys will create!

@Interpretor.3091 said:

@NotoriousNaru.1705 said:Lmao noIf you want a pvp tourny reward earn itmake a team practice and windont ask to be spoon fed literally everything in gw2 is catered to casuals who can eventually grind what they want but pvp is different. if u suck u dont deserve it

Asking players to grind out 1000 ranked PvP Reward Track rewards, 500 AT wins, 10 Semi Finalist MaT wins, 5 rank 1 league finishes or a combo of the above for 1, a single 1, of the 12 Gizmos is hardly being spoon fed rewards.As it stands, maybe 5-7 players in the entire game (5 being in NA), would be able to aquire the final reward of all 12 Gizmos before the game completely dies or they actually end up making Gw3. Maybe 20-30 players after a year of consistent playing and WINNING would be able to get a single Gizmo without winning MaT.There are plenty of players who play PvP daily who definitely don’t ‘suck’ Naru, and this change would even benefit you as a top player who wins every MaT. It would increase competitivness in all aspects of PvP, especially in monthlies. Your team would be a barrier from keeping any player from possibly getting all 12 rewards. The final boss if you will.At the very least it would benefit any players who would sink as low as to sell MaT wins in a competitive PvP format and then brag about it on the official forums...

edit: 500 daily At wins*

What you're suggesting should be implemented for new armor sets/weapons/or backpieces but gizmos should only be reserved for people who manage to win the tournaments. You're also right I see potential in a lot of current players who can improve and be able to compete but its their own faults for not doing so, some just dont care and others would rather stay in their delusions than to improve and actually win and I see no reason to reward those people with easy gizmos because they're too lazy to go the extra mile. Making the only relevant tourny on NA/EU obsolete would just kill the scene quicker.

We do have a weapon set coming for PvP/WvW this summer, assuming nothing goes wrong. Additionally, there is a new pvp/wvw armor set planned for late fall/early winter.

Please let there be no buttcapes nor what the original obsidian weapons looked like on release.... oh dear merciful six five do not make everything spiky + glowy.

EDIT: Just cool medieval stuff, land spear staff skin idk

Can Someone show/explain to me what the AT Gizmos are? Sounds Intriguing

Initially, I would never have supported this kind of suggestion. But gizmo rewards have lost their prestige the moment "top" players started selling them for 200 euro and got away with a 3 months temporary ban.

So by all means, make them available through grind.

@bluri.2653 said:Absolutely no way

Totally not biased, of course.

We don't need rewards. We need better balance, better matchmaking, better leaderboards, more diversity (core only ranked, 2x2 ranked etc), better and more ranked progression that incentive people to keep playing instead of sit on the minumum necessary number of games etc.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:rewards can only do so much, its up to the people responsible for the mode to attract players. this can be done with profession balance, more modes, swiss, increased AT rate, better mm.

Healthy Balance attracts players and increase longevity of populationToxic Balance deters players and decrease longevity of population

Risk-Reward is the way to go for long term solutionReward is a short term solution

The way to go is Healthy Competitive-Effort Risk-Rewarding= Fun.........than everything will fall in line

@"Satenia.9025" said:Initially, I would never have supported this kind of suggestion. But gizmo rewards have lost their prestige the moment "top" players started selling them for 200 euro and got away with a 3 months temporary ban.

Another clueless person who spouts out random stuff without 0 facts.

Name 1 player that managed to buy the gizmo and has it today that did not play it himself and won it fair and square?Yeah Z E R O.

Just to make you understand - the people that tried to buy it got all suspended and rewards removed so not one person has managed to get the gizmos unless they actually get carried by a team by playing themselves

@bluri.2653 said:

@"Satenia.9025" said:Initially, I would never have supported this kind of suggestion. But gizmo rewards have lost their prestige the moment "top" players started selling them for 200 euro and got away with a 3 months temporary ban.

Name 1 player that managed to buy the gizmo and has it today that did not play it himself and won it fair and square?Yeah Z E R O.

Just to make you understand - the people that tried to buy it got all suspended and rewards removed so not one person has managed to get the gizmos unless they actually get carried by a team by playing themselves

Lies.

I Bought a Gizmo and I hardly Paid for it to be honest. 1000$ for a gizmo was well worth the pay to be honest. I now play with the best of the best and have a chance to get another 1 when ever I want.

=P

@bluri.2653 said:

Just to make you understand - prestige ceases to be relevant when there is doubt about the legitimacy of obtaining such. One case caught enough public attention, how many others did not. The fact that you still play/post is more than enough to support my point.

Make them grindable indeed, because the top 1% already have showed us how much they "value" the monthly AT rewards and leaderboard titles.

@bluri.2653 said:

Well facts are simple we don't believe you, because there are enough evidence of that stuff happening. Examples ofc:

To be short it doesn't matter, if the rewards were removed and if people got a temporary ban, because there were no real consequences to those who broke the rules.So I can never drop the thought there could be always foul play at hand, because it was done once and could be done again and perhaps it has already happen, but none found out. Damage done, prestige lost.

@Satenia.9025 said:

@Satenia.9025 said:Initially, I would never have supported this kind of suggestion. But gizmo rewards have lost their prestige the moment "top" players started selling them for 200 euro and got away with a 3 months temporary ban.

Just to make you understand - prestige ceases to be relevant when there is doubt about the legitimacy of obtaining such. One case caught enough public attention, how many others did not. The fact that you still play/post is more than enough to support my point.

Care to elaborate in theory of what tos i breached? In theory i shouldnt have gotten banned at all since i played my own account. All i hear is casual clowns crying truly nothing but jealous people who just cant achieve anything :)

Quite interested to hear what i should get banned for since it was my teammate who played on another acc but not me