Astral weapons LUDICROUSLY out of cost balance

@Rasimir.6239 said:

I don't see any reason to be outraged for ANet to put out more content than I have time to consume. On the contrary, I love that they do this because the way they do it I do get to choose the best out of a large selection of stuff to do.

They didn't put in any content with the Vision. Making a collection that makes you repeat hearts over and over again is not content. Adding content means something new ... those hearts are added 3 weeks to 1 year ago. Trinket is not a content, content is new things to do...How in the world is something that's added 1 year ago, that I had to already repeat back then, a NEW content.You gotta interact with Masteries for collection II ... how is that NEW content ? I already picked up those masteries ... long long long time ago.You gotta do metas for 5 maps, well I already did those metas million times before ... how is that new ?

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

I don't see any reason to be outraged for ANet to put out more content than I have time to consume. On the contrary, I love that they do this because the way they do it I do get to choose the best out of a large selection of stuff to do.

They didn't put in any content with the Vision. Making a collection that makes you repeat hearts over and over again is not content. Adding content means something new ... those hearts are added 3 weeks to 1 year ago. Trinket is not a content, content is new things to do...How in the world is something that's added 1 year ago, that I had to already repeat back then, a NEW content.

If you dont want the trinket, just dont do the collection.

Problem solved.

@Katastroff.1045 said:

They didn't put in any content with the Vision. Making a collection that makes you repeat hearts over and over again is not content. Adding content means something new ... those hearts are added 3 weeks to 1 year ago. Trinket is not a content, content is new things to do...How in the world is something that's added 1 year ago, that I had to already repeat back then, a NEW content.

Problem solved.

Ofc I want it, and unfortunately for me, I'm sacrificing last 2 brain cells I have. After that I'll book an appointment for therapy and start taking anti-depressants.And as AP hunter, I don't care for the item as much as I care for the points.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:

Problem solved.

Ofc I want it, and unfortunately for me, I'm sacrificing last 2 brain cells I have. After that I'll book an appointment for therapy and start taking anti-depressants.And as AP hunter, I don't care for the item as much as I care for the points.

Pretty advisable.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:content is new things to do...Fixed that for you.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:Ofc I want it, and unfortunately for me, I'm sacrificing last 2 brain cells I have. After that I'll book an appointment for therapy and start taking anti-depressants.And as AP hunter, I don't care for the item as much as I care for the points.If your obsession with ap makes you behave in such an unhealthy way, then I'm afraid it's not the game's fault.

Well, I went to Istan today. No one does metas, people hang around on maps, waiting for brandstorm, then change the map. I don't blame them, meta takes time and efforts and give 20 kralks, hearts (on alts) and Impact sites are braindead and give more /per time. Quality gameplay of a Point and Click genre.

@phs.6089 said:Well, I went to Istan today. No one does metas, people hang around on maps, waiting for brandstorm, then change the map. I don't blame them, meta takes time and efforts and give 20 kralks, hearts (on alts) and Impact sites are braindead and give more /per time. Quality gameplay of a Point and Click genre.

I was there this morning and did GH and Palalawadan mostly with the Meteor farmer's club of Istan

Just one question about the astral weapons.. i have crafted 5, since i crafted one long ago (the staff - don't have it anymore though, I've salvaged it back then) to be able to craft the ascended one (Stellar). Now that one seems not to count toward the collection even though i have 6 astral weapons in my wardrobe.
Bug or working-as-intended ?

And to stay on topic, yeah,..the are out of cost balance and now, since i'm (almost) done ill probably stay away from Istan for a while.

@Chay.7852 said:Just one question about the astral weapons.. i have crafted 5, since i crafted one long ago (the staff - don't have it anymore though, I've salvaged it back then) to be able to craft the ascended one (Stellar). Now that one seems not to count toward the collection even though i have 6 astral weapons in my wardrobe.

And to stay on topic, yeah,..the are out of cost balance and now, since i'm (almost) done ill probably stay away from Istan for a while.

Talk to the NPC?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Chay.7852 said:Just one question about the astral weapons.. i have crafted 5, since i crafted one long ago (the staff - don't have it anymore though, I've salvaged it back then) to be able to craft the ascended one (Stellar). Now that one seems not to count toward the collection even though i have 6 astral weapons in my wardrobe.

Talk to the NPC?

Yay! Got it now... Thank you. :)

@Katastroff.1045 said:

@phs.6089 said:Well, I went to Istan today. No one does metas, people hang around on maps, waiting for brandstorm, then change the map. I don't blame them, meta takes time and efforts and give 20 kralks, hearts (on alts) and Impact sites are braindead and give more /per time. Quality gameplay of a Point and Click genre.

I was there this morning and did GH and Palalawadan mostly with the Meteor farmer's club of Istan

Lucky you, tho wait, still 2 metas 50 kralk, rest you gonna need to heart and impact side. Literally spending 2-4 hours ( that is how most can afford to play) on the single map to get enough mats to craft a single weapon. Just like I said, text book example of quality gameplay...

@phs.6089 said:

Lucky you, tho wait, still 2 metas 50 kralk, rest you gonna need to heart and impact side. Literally spending 2-4 hours ( that is how most can afford to play) on the single map to get enough mats to craft a single weapon. Just like I said, text book example of quality gameplay...

I'm already done with that part of the collection, beside from being a bit short on gold, im almost done. :)

@Katastroff.1045 said:

@phs.6089 said:

I'm already done with that part of the collection, beside from being a bit short on gold, im almost done. :)

I didn't. I was hoping for something big and nice questing as I enjoyed Aurora collections. This is not Aurora ;c

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

I didn't. I was hoping for something big and nice questing as I enjoyed Aurora collections. This is not Aurora ;c

Totally with you on this, Aurora took me way more time, it also had more of that quest feeling to it. The gen 1 legendary are way more fun to craft and quest.

• 2 months later...

@Dami.5046 said:I actually need to farm some powered rose. around 1k of it. THE HORROR. I need to farm something. Quick better say i'm quitting/not logging in/ going to write 10 threads on the subject so it gets nerfed.Seriously what games have you lot been playing? Most I have played are leveling, farming to make gear/weapons and farming more to make my character even better.In aion I worked out with the time gates there in the arena, it would take me 100 days to get a weapon. 100 days!

Imagine that in this game.A few daily time gates and everyone goes mad. A bit of farming and everyone goes mad.

Problem is: You don't farm, you wait. If you don't, you'll miss the meteors. And now, a few months later, there ARE no multimap metor farming groups anymore. So you're down to 30 - 50 quartz per meteor. 3 Meteors an hour. So you need like 20 hours to get the quart. 20 hours in which you will play 3 minutes while you wait 17. And you call that a good design?

• Like 1

@HtFde.3856 said:

@Dami.5046 said:I actually need to farm some powered rose. around 1k of it. THE HORROR. I need to farm something. Quick better say i'm quitting/not logging in/ going to write 10 threads on the subject so it gets nerfed.Seriously what games have you lot been playing? Most I have played are leveling, farming to make gear/weapons and farming more to make my character even better.In aion I worked out with the time gates there in the arena, it would take me 100 days to get a weapon. 100 days!

Imagine that in this game.A few daily time gates and everyone goes mad. A bit of farming and everyone goes mad.

Problem is: You don't farm, you wait. If you don't, you'll miss the meteors. And now, a few months later, there ARE no multimap metor farming groups anymore. So you're down to 30 - 50 quartz per meteor. 3 Meteors an hour. So you need like 20 hours to get the quart. 20 hours in which you will play 3 minutes while you wait 17. And you call that a good design?

There’s the TP. It’s always been quicker to farm gold in this game and then use it to buy what you want. Obtaining astral weapons doesn’t lock you out of any content and is completely optional. It’s no different than any other optional rewards as well.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Dami.5046" said:I actually need to farm some powered rose. around 1k of it. THE HORROR. I need to farm something. Quick better say i'm quitting/not logging in/ going to write 10 threads on the subject so it gets nerfed.Seriously what games have you lot been playing? Most I have played are leveling, farming to make gear/weapons and farming more to make my character even better.In aion I worked out with the time gates there in the arena, it would take me 100 days to get a weapon. 100 days!

There’s the TP. It’s always been quicker to farm gold in this game and then use it to buy what you want. Obtaining astral weapons doesn’t lock you out of any content and is completely optional. It’s no different than any other optional rewards as well.

You're answering questions that were never asked.

The issue I, and others, have is the disproportionate amount of time. Like you can do the Thunderhead Peak equivalent in 6 days with about a time investment of 10 minutes per day. So all in all you end up with about an hour to a maximum of two hours if you REALLY do the metas from the start. If you don't want to bother with those, you can pay 0.66 gold and get your plate and do the "puzzle" in about 3 - 5 minutes. One weapon done.

Now, 500 powdered rose quarz come in at 12 gold per weapon. So we have 0.66 gold vs. 12 gold.

So money wise one achievement costs 18x that of a similar one. And you can now feature in time to gather the quartz and kralk ore vs. getting the 3 pearls and enough masses to do the other. Dispoportionate.

@HtFde.3856 said:

@"Dami.5046" said:I actually need to farm some powered rose. around 1k of it. THE HORROR. I need to farm something. Quick better say i'm quitting/not logging in/ going to write 10 threads on the subject so it gets nerfed.Seriously what games have you lot been playing? Most I have played are leveling, farming to make gear/weapons and farming more to make my character even better.In aion I worked out with the time gates there in the arena, it would take me 100 days to get a weapon. 100 days!

The issue I, and others, have is the disproportionate amount of time. Like you can do the Thunderhead Peak equivalent in 6 days with about a time investment of 10 minutes per day. So all in all you end up with about an hour to a maximum of two hours if you REALLY do the metas from the start. If you don't want to bother with those, you can pay 0.66 gold and get your plate and do the "puzzle" in about 3 - 5 minutes. One weapon done.

Now, 500 powdered rose quarz come in at 12 gold per weapon. So we have 0.66 gold vs. 12 gold.

So money wise one achievement costs 18x that of a similar one. And you can now feature in time to gather the quartz and kralk ore vs. getting the 3 pearls and enough masses to do the other. Dispoportionate.

Why do they have to be proportionate each other?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Why is it so hard for some people to admit that ANet once again messed up? But I see, when you go to chippy and they sell fish and fries for 3 pound and fish and country potatoes for 120 pound you don't even raise an eyebrow because, hey, why should they be proportionate, eh?

@HtFde.3856 said:

Why is it so hard for some people to admit that ANet once again messed up? But I see, when you go to chippy and they sell fish and fries for 3 pound and fish and country potatoes for 120 pound you don't even raise an eyebrow because, hey, why should they be proportionate, eh?

Why is it so hard for some people to admit that not everything needs to be proportionate to everything else?

@HtFde.3856 said:

Why is two completely different items being priced differently a mistake?

Now if Aurora item 1-5 cost X but Aurora item 6 cost 5X and the Aurora items were the same category, then you would be onto something.

But these are two different sets of weapons.

As for fish & chips vs fish & country potatoes, assuming same fish, I'd be like I wonder just how good those country potatoes are (aka high demand) or what they use that is so rare (low supply). Or if it was a typo. And then order fish & chips. Not complain to the restaurant about it beyond asking if it was a typo or asking why (just so I know). Businesses don't have that kind of price discrepancy for no reason.

@Seera.5916 said:As for fish & chips vs fish & country potatoes, assuming same fish, I'd be like I wonder just how good those country potatoes are (aka high demand) or what they use that is so rare (low supply). Or if it was a typo. And then order fish & chips. Not complain to the restaurant about it beyond asking if it was a typo or asking why (just so I know). Businesses don't have that kind of price discrepancy for no reason.

I'm eagerly awaiting your explanation what the special properties of the Astral Weapons is that sets them apart from the Dragonblood ones, so that the much, much higher price is justified. As you say - there should be a reason ... I can't find it. Help me, please. :)

@HtFde.3856 said:

@Seera.5916 said:As for fish & chips vs fish & country potatoes, assuming same fish, I'd be like I wonder just how good those country potatoes are (aka high demand) or what they use that is so rare (low supply). Or if it was a typo. And then order fish & chips. Not complain to the restaurant about it beyond asking if it was a typo or asking why (just so I know). Businesses don't have that kind of price discrepancy for no reason.

I'm eagerly awaiting your explanation what the special properties of the Astral Weapons is that sets them apart from the Dragonblood ones, so that the much, much higher price is justified. As you say - there should be a reason ... I can't find it. Help me, please. :)

Should be pretty easy. It is a cosmetic option. The higher price is because it is a different cosmetic option.