WvW is now unplayable.... cannot buy mount without expansions.

Ryan.3675

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Just stating pof is well worth the price and gives players more than enough for the cost. Not having warclaw is the same as not having e specs, both clearly put u at a disadvantage. Same arguement could be said that in a pvp mode all players should have equal access to specs and skill to make it more fair. f2p games have to make money to stay active so.

1) PoF isnt really worth the price for people who dont even like this game's PvE.2) Warclaw is on a completely different level then not having a elite spec.3) Same argument could not be said for PvP mode as no one is claiming that f2p/core/hot players should have access to all elite specs.4) Stop pushing the boundaries of what is actually being asked of those who want a fairer advantage in a mode that has poor mount implementation, which shouldnt have been added into the mode in the first place.

This game isn't worth playing for just pvp lol theres soo many better pvp games than gw2. Also just getting all the espects FOR pvp mods to not be at a disadvantage is worth the cost.

@"ProtoGunner.4953" said:Such a long discussion for one person who doesn't want to pay 30€. Even 15€ if you wait for the half price promotion which recently happened. Sorry, but if you can't even afford that I wonder how you can live otherwise? I mean internet connection, rent, food?

If thats about me, hate to disappoint you but I actually have every expac.Also wouldnt really say that its just 15-30 dollars without understanding a person's position. I mean, why do many people not pay for subscriptions when its only "15" dollars a month.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Just stating pof is well worth the price and gives players more than enough for the cost. Not having warclaw is the same as not having e specs, both clearly put u at a disadvantage. Same arguement could be said that in a pvp mode all players should have equal access to specs and skill to make it more fair. f2p games have to make money to stay active so.

1) PoF isnt really worth the price for people who dont even like this game's PvE.2) Warclaw is on a completely different level then not having a elite spec.3) Same argument could not be said for PvP mode as no one is claiming that f2p/core/hot players should have access to all elite specs.4) Stop pushing the boundaries of what is actually being asked of those who want a fairer advantage in a mode that has poor mount implementation, which shouldnt have been added into the mode in the first place.

This game isn't worth playing for just pvp lol theres soo many better pvp games than gw2. Also just getting all the espects FOR pvp mods to not be at a disadvantage is worth the cost.

Sadly thats true, pvp has slowly become absolute...yeah. Find myself falling asleep on the keyboard ingame due to nothing actually happening in WvW.

@"Ryan.3675" said:Just getting back into the game. I cannot afford any expansions, and I want to play WvW, which is one of my all time favorite game modes. I cannot keep up to my group without a mount. This game is now unplayable for me. This is a very disappointing feature that has been added. Please make it so that people without expansions can use or "rent" a mount only in WvW. It is a game killer.

Well 30$ ain't much ... But idk you..

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Such a long discussion for one person who doesn't want to pay 30€. Even 15€ if you wait for the half price promotion which recently happened. Sorry, but if you can't even afford that I wonder how you can live otherwise? I mean internet connection, rent, food?

Cook 3 meals of ramen instead of picking something up and you would save enough to purchase an expac. Eat ramen for 3-4 days and buy both. Then this discussion ends. I really have no sympathy here. I still say that mounts, while very nice to have, are not mandatory to play WvW.

Everyone in this comment thread is basically wrong. Main revenue for this game in the long run is gemstore purchases. I love how everyone is acting like they know business and using it to split the community.

Personally mounts should never have been in the game at all, but at the very least they need to be available to all expansions.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Such a long discussion for one person who doesn't want to pay 30€. Even 15€ if you wait for the half price promotion which recently happened. Sorry, but if you can't even afford that I wonder how you can live otherwise? I mean internet connection, rent, food?

Cook 3 meals of ramen instead of picking something up and you would save enough to purchase an expac. Eat ramen for 3-4 days and buy both. Then this discussion ends. I really have no sympathy here. I still say that mounts, while very nice to have, are not mandatory to play WvW.

Where im from its be around 40-50 minutes work at your average pay rate.

So i completely agree, as gw2 is currently is one of the cheapest mmo's to play (gw2 is around $150 for ALL content/lws+expansions for 6 years worth of content where as its competitor eso is $250 per year for eso+ and chapters which are not covered...)

Because $40aus is not alot really.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Plenty of options? Nope, just one and thats to pay.
Which is how paying for stuff works.

Or what, do you go into a games store, get to the register after having picked up a random game and go "what do you mean I only have the option to pay for this or not get it, where is the third option?!?!"?

Your reply seems really out of context, and your example doesnt really work.How exactly is it out of context and dont work?

Because purchasing the expansion is not plenty of options for people who want to participate in WvW.

The reason why your example doesnt work is because your comparing a game store which is the supplier to a game company who creates and regulates content.

Your then comparing a f2p game with a game you have to purchase. Why is the person going to a store to buy a game with no money?So whats the argument here? That f2p games should be... entirely free? Because people dont have money?

Thats not how f2p work in
any
game. Something
always
cost. Thats why we call it f2p, rather than simply just a free game. You seem to mix up the two.

GW2 f2p is kitten in many ways because its a
demo
. Limited BL access. Should we give that for free too? Should we give access to the revenant as well? F2p players are at a disadvantage! Map chat! Dear lord they dont have map chat!!! Lets give them the ability to rent map chat.

Raids, how do they survive without them? We need a f2p raid pass! Hell they cant even post om the forums for kittens sake. An 1200 gem option that give 1 month access to the forum perhaps. Oh oh that could also be how we solve the mounts! Rent them for a month for 800 gems.

Wait they cant convert gold to gems either. Because its a
limited f2p account missing basic features

Nevermind.

That's where the context is lost. This is pertaining to a mount in WvW, no one is asking for f2p players to have access to all the content in the game.

Your also forgetting that this not only effects F2P players but Core and HoT players as well.

Understand the context, stop pushing the boundaries of what's being asked for.

I don't think it matters what it pertains to to be honest. F2P players should be the LAST in line for consideration when Anet develops this game. I don't have a problem with the F2P idea ... everyone wants to kick the car tires before they buy ... it's when F2P becomes something more than a trial run AND starting to ask for things ... THAT is a problem.

I actually see no reason to give F2P mode anything that would related to future revenue of the game ... it severely devalues that offering when they do. You got a test drive and if you are not going to buy that car, I'm not going to give you that free air freshener for it either ... I mean ... why?

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:I almost hate to say this but seriously, the rest of us paid and paid again and did all the grinding. Sorry but it’s part of keeping the game makers in business, as well as being fair to the thousands that paid the price.

Lets be honest, No one bought this expac for a mount in WvW. This is the worst reasoning for why it shouldnt be for everyone.

Really? Because i seen a lot of WvW players who done exactly that. They joined WvW and realised that they are falling behind all though it is not as big of a deal as people want to make out of it, but never the less they bought the expac because of that and because of gliding as well. Not all WvW players steps outside of WvW and play PvE, i think we already settled that years ago :)

This reminds me of this auntie i saw last Saturday when i was in the Mall shopping for shoes with my mum.

There's this counter giving away cute lunch boxes. They were promoting some kind of mini rice cooker and of course would appreciate if you could spend 5 mins listening to their sales talk. Otherwise, just grab the free gift and a brochure with it.

This old auntie only wanted the gift but not interested in the rice cooker. When the guy gave her one, she asked if she could have another colour. The promoter was kind enough to switch for her. Then, she asked if she could have two because she has two grandchildren :smiley:

Seriously, if you cannot afford just $20 for a game that you said you love and enjoy, maybe you should play less and do something to improve your financial status. Get a job or two instead of asking for handouts. Idk.

F2P means you get the bare bones minimum basics to play the game. Then you get to see all the really cool shinies everybody else has and get to decide if you want to pay for the game to play with all the really cool shinies. You want all the cool kid stuff? Gotta pay the price for it.

Yea pretty much bought the expac for the mounts. WvW was unplayable without them. I avoid pve like the plague, so WvW is the only reason I play this game, and having grinded for my mount over a few days, I can honestly still say, that despite paying for the expac and grinding for my mount, I would gladly pay the same price over to see mounts removed.

As someone that ground out the mounts on two accounts now i agree they should allow rental in wvw. Its not like pve overworld f2p dont really need mounts in OW, but in wvw its a bad time without it. Enough to make a lot of wvw players that played before on f2p stop playing now in wvw because its painful to try and get anything done there without it. Its about impossible, it dont bother me at all if they let them rent the cat in wvw. Its not like they are taking it overworld after the match. I think people fail to understand the disparity there is between players with the mounts and players without.

My 2 centsI played this game on release for like 5 years and I pretty much quit 2 months after POF was released. I've got both expansions and recently came back to the game. I'm WvW player only and I play both havoc and zerg playstyle. So I didn't have a mount for like 3-4 weeks before I was like F this. IMO if you're zerging with an even semi competent group it is super hard to keep with the group as they move around the map. If you're running a decent zerg build we all know it's essential to stay with your group cause you're not built to be out there by your lonesome and you play a role your group needs. it puts you as a player in a tough spot because you need mad mobility to keep up and you are just not a useful player to the group if you do that. It's terrible for casuals/pugs it's already tough to stay together without comms or base level game dynamic understanding.Havoc is better I'm actually kind of shocked to not see more smaller groups because you can do some serious damage now as a smaller group in many aspects IMO. You can defend whole maps better, you can flank large fights better, you can deep strike into enemy areas to scout and setup attacks, and resupply faster.Bottom line is I think it makes you basically undesirable if you don't have it and that sucks for a game mode like WVW. WvW is great because of teamplay and it's a no brainer for any guild to want you to have one and if you're running a tag the non mount dude goes down why even pick em up? There should be access to the mount for everyone one way or another. I've played with and without it and I think if/when you don't have it you're basically a straight liability unless you're really really working it to keep together 100% of the time. It's simply not fun half your time if just trying to keep up.

I paid for both expansions and I wouldn't be against a mount rental that is purely there for speed purposes. It would even be nice for people like me with alt accounts that experienced the same thing. Trying to catch up to a zerg all on mounts to take a keep I needed for an achievement was very frustrating.

Sure, you could get into pay to win topics but there's no other real solution. Keeping it the way it is will keep anyone new from trying WvW and will frustrate anyone coming back to the game.

@Super Kruegs.8967 said:Bottom line is I think it makes you basically undesirable if you don't have it and that sucks for a game mode like WVW. WvW is great because of teamplay and it's a no brainer for any guild to want you to have one and if you're running a tag the non mount dude goes down why even pick em up?You are already undesirable without PoF. Not having the mount doesnt really make you any more undesirable than that.

@"Ryan.3675" said:Just getting back into the game. I cannot afford any expansions, and I want to play WvW, which is one of my all time favorite game modes. I cannot keep up to my group without a mount. This game is now unplayable for me. This is a very disappointing feature that has been added. Please make it so that people without expansions can use or "rent" a mount only in WvW. It is a game killer.

OH did you think gw2 wasn't p2w? Here's a shocker for you, buy expansions or get ran over in wvw and pvp by players with overpowered elite classes that can only be obtained via buying an expansion essentially making this game p2w.

@mindcircus.1506 said:I see no reason to accommodate a portion of the player base who do not spend money on this game.

The expansion has been priced as low as 20 bucks by itself. Considering what it's delivered for the price, I feel pretty comfortable leaving behind those who cannot be bothered to pay it.

The compromise? Offer the mount unlocked for 7-10 dollars a la carte.

youre literally making excuses for the game being p2w

@charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:I see no reason to accommodate a portion of the player base who do not spend money on this game.

The expansion has been priced as low as 20 bucks by itself. Considering what it's delivered for the price, I feel pretty comfortable leaving behind those who cannot be bothered to pay it.

You can farm the gems to buy the expansions via the buy gems with gold feature.It takes just a few days of farming in the silverwastes which is open in the base free game.

Therefore all features can be unlocked through use of in game gold. Therefore not P2W.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

You can farm the gems to buy the expansions via the buy gems with gold feature.It takes just a few days of farming in the silverwastes which is open in the base free game.

Therefore all features can be unlocked through use of in game gold. Therefore not P2W.

um........can't buy expansions with gems.

@charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

If this is what you call Pay to Win you have a very rough road ahead as a gamer.