Soulbeast Needs Some Genuine Nerf Bat Love in the Next Balance Update

@bigo.9037 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Their necessary, I kno that's hard to accept about ur class. Soulbeast isn't OP sic em is. Druid needs buffs I will say that.

It is not OP at all. Most high tier rangers don't even run with it, fact, (because it is useless against skilled enemies) - they prefer more stun breaks and invulnerability. Lets not build our nerf suggestion strategies according to bronze/silver/gold tiers, where we can see a lot more playstyle flaws.

Again u can keep using the it's not in top ranks arguement but means little. Sic em may not be a top pic for high tier players,that means little. In wvw SIC EM builds are literally every other player u see because it's broken unblockable dps at such a range. Just because it's not a skill picked often in high tier due to there being more reliable options for THAT game mode that fill the purpose of the player doesnt make it not OP in other modes. Although I'm sure sic em is used in conquest regardless of u stating it isn't. That skill alone with the range would make a slb a decent +1 spec .

Firstly this is a pvp forum not wvw. Wvw perspective hardly mean anything here. Secondly, good players can easily deal with a sicem ranger if they are ready for it even in wvw. I killed many of them on my slb without using sicem. I've died a few times cus I wasn't ready, or straight up afk to sicem rangers. I've died more often to mesmers 1shotting me out of stealth. Talk about 0 counter play lol. But hey, that's my own fault for running around with squishy armor that has 0 toughness and low protection uptime.

Again, gold tier players (pvp) and below... You are shooting yourself in the foot by wanting nerfs to classes you can't deal with .. the game will be dumbed down and no matter what 1 build will always be annoying or stronger than yours...

They dont balance classes just for conquest nor wvw so how a class effects one mode effects another. If a class is broken in wvw while not as broken in pvp scourge as example does not mean it's fine since it's ok in pvp conquest mode. Since balancing and changes to a class effect it in both modes discussing its balance in conquest also carries over to wvw no? That's why I included wvw as both are effected by changes and balance of classes in both have to be considered.

Wrong wrong wrong. Conquest is different from wvw. Something that works in wvw doesn't always work in spvp. Why do you think they split the balance between those modes?

Yeah what works in wvw doesn't necessarily work in conquest hence why the arguement that a class/spec is balanced or weak because it's not in high tier ranks means little for how balanced the class or skills of a class are overall,u just proved the point of why I've been saying that's a bad defense. Also reiterates why a class or skills can't be considered balanced nor can it be considered op or underpowered just on the basis of pvp conquest mode as one has to consider the state of the class or its skills in all modes. Although sic em may not be considered OP in pvp conquest though I believe and many others aswell it most certainly is broken in wvw. Theres a reason why every 2nd player u see now is a roaming soulbeast sice em running build lol

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say just remove the damage buff from Sic 'em or just remove the skill all together. It's a waste of a slot honestly. Then half the duration of the boons on FR. Then change Moa Stance's to only grant might, fury, and swiftness while the boon duration increase is only 33%. This would still allow for a good burst of boons stacking but a lot less duration and not as many defensive boons.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:So soulbeast mains don't think the class is overtuned? Who thinks it is overtuned?

Those who have not yet deciphered and put to use the secret knowledge hidden in this meme.

g7KAaWj.gif

1JGiUdM.jpg

If you're so far out in the middle of no where you can't get behind some kind of geometry then you've done something wrong. LoS isn't just a "avoid ranger lb 2" thing, it's a sustain thing. Got to keep your positioning in mind at all times. To keep in the sprit of the memes, I probably avoid most of the damage I would take by doing this

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:So soulbeast mains don't think the class is overtuned? Who thinks it is overtuned?

Those who have not yet deciphered and put to use the secret knowledge hidden in this meme.

g7KAaWj.gif

1JGiUdM.jpg

If you're so far out in the middle of no where you can't get behind some kind of geometry then you've done something wrong. LoS isn't just a "avoid ranger lb 2" thing, it's a sustain thing. Got to keep your positioning in mind at all times. To keep in the sprit of the memes, I probably avoid most of the damage I would take by doing

Travelling open areas between capture points?Already engaged on a capture point and SLB lb's from off screen out of stealth? (Don't say "but DE" because that had an obvious tell and was easily punished for failing.)

Rapid Fire cast is often sped up by Quickness too.

Using LoS is an important tactic, but isn't always possible.

@Zexanima.7851 said:I'd say just remove the damage buff from Sic 'em or just remove the skill all together. It's a waste of a slot honestly. Then half the duration of the boons on FR. Then change Moa Stance's to only grant might, fury, and swiftness while the boon duration increase is only 33%. This would still allow for a good burst of boons stacking but a lot less duration and not as many defensive boons.

Oh ok yea how about we delete thief from the game as well and remove adrenaline from warriors while we're at it lmao

@bigo.9037 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:I'd say just remove the damage buff from Sic 'em or just remove the skill all together. It's a waste of a slot honestly. Then half the duration of the boons on FR. Then change Moa Stance's to only grant might, fury, and swiftness while the boon duration increase is only 33%. This would still allow for a good burst of boons stacking but a lot less duration and not as many defensive boons.

Oh ok yea how about we delete thief from the game as well and remove adrenaline from warriors while we're at it lmao

Thief is being deleted. Theyve started with DD and d/p by changing steal to swipe and cemented s/d as the only competitive build. P/p was killed long time ago so not much left to kill but I'm sure arenet will finish the job, but as far as slb their prob just getting started lol hope u enjoy the ride. Oh and as a non thief player I'm sure u think the class is fine,just as I'm sure ud say it's fine even its weapons were all changed to foam pool noodles to match their dps on MOST of their weapons. Just as I'm sure ranger could be given a 90% boost to dps at a press of a button and ud be on here trying to explain to everyone why it's fine balance wise. This whole arguement is a joke,has been from the beginning as soon as someone defends the sic em build burst again unblockable all from 1800+ range lmao so I'm done.

Wow, 5 pages already. This must have garnered some attention by ANET by now. I'm excited to see the trade-off they're going to create for Soulbeast like they did recently with other elites. Currently it's just a straight up buff to core ranger, right?

@Turk.5460 said:Wow, 5 pages already. This must have garnered some attention by ANET by now. I'm excited to see the trade-off they're going to create for Soulbeast like they did recently with other elites. Currently it's just a straight up buff to core ranger, right?

But, it has not been a year of complaints yet. So, probably another buff. I honestly think the main hand dagger for soulbeast may be poopier than renegade.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Their necessary, I kno that's hard to accept about ur class. Soulbeast isn't OP sic em is. Druid needs buffs I will say that.

It is not OP at all. Most high tier rangers don't even run with it, fact, (because it is useless against skilled enemies) - they prefer more stun breaks and invulnerability. Lets not build our nerf suggestion strategies according to bronze/silver/gold tiers, where we can see a lot more playstyle flaws.

Again u can keep using the it's not in top ranks arguement but means little. Sic em may not be a top pic for high tier players,that means little. In wvw SIC EM builds are literally every other player u see because it's broken unblockable dps at such a range. Just because it's not a skill picked often in high tier due to there being more reliable options for THAT game mode that fill the purpose of the player doesnt make it not OP in other modes. Although I'm sure sic em is used in conquest regardless of u stating it isn't. That skill alone with the range would make a slb a decent +1 spec .

Firstly this is a pvp forum not wvw. Wvw perspective hardly mean anything here. Secondly, good players can easily deal with a sicem ranger if they are ready for it even in wvw. I killed many of them on my slb without using sicem. I've died a few times cus I wasn't ready, or straight up afk to sicem rangers. I've died more often to mesmers 1shotting me out of stealth. Talk about 0 counter play lol. But hey, that's my own fault for running around with squishy armor that has 0 toughness and low protection uptime.

Again, gold tier players (pvp) and below... You are shooting yourself in the foot by wanting nerfs to classes you can't deal with .. the game will be dumbed down and no matter what 1 build will always be annoying or stronger than yours...

They dont balance classes just for conquest nor wvw so how a class effects one mode effects another. If a class is broken in wvw while not as broken in pvp scourge as example does not mean it's fine since it's ok in pvp conquest mode. Since balancing and changes to a class effect it in both modes discussing its balance in conquest also carries over to wvw no? That's why I included wvw as both are effected by changes and balance of classes in both have to be considered.

Wrong wrong wrong. Conquest is different from wvw. Something that works in wvw doesn't always work in spvp. Why do you think they split the balance between those modes?

They are not different, nor should they be.Unless players can't attack each other in WvW

@bigo.9037 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

You think it's easy to kill ranger because you're slb,slb is most op of duel.Why don't you try with a condi weaver, reaper or mesmer ?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Mirage got it's damage gutted by 50% when it didn't even have representation in the top 10. Soulbeast has top 10 representation every season on NA.

Sorry but your logic is wrong. There were/are more mirages than soulbeasts and just because your favorite profession has been nerfed a little (you got the same logic as the OP) doesn't mean everything else should be nerfed.

Soulbeast (Boonbeast in particular) before they got nerfed they made up literally SIX OF THE TOP 10 on NA ranked. Mesmer has never even been close to that level of ridiculous, even with Disenchanter Chronomancer post Phantasm Rework or Bunker Chrono. And now for ranked now you have:

1. Scourge Main4 Spellbreaker mains3 Revenant Mains1 Soulbeast Main1 Holosmith Main

I can point, exactly, which and how many Soulbeast mains were in the top 10 each and every season, which players used soulbeast as a side class, as well as what everyone else mains and sides because I make a point of keeping track of who mains what and confirming with BenP after each season . The only Mesmer main to have ever hit top 10 consistently has been Steelrage.

And said soulbeast is absolultely full yolo sic em build.

And if MATs is your balance preference, Soulbeast has been on 2x more finalist teams than mesmer EU or NA since 2018.

Last MAT had a sic em on each team.

I just keep wonder this thing. Soulbeast has been here with the Sic 'Em mechanic since 2017.

Why do you want nerfs now? Is it because your favorite profession (mesmer) was nerfed (which was bad nerf, not balanced)? Is it that you just want to see more unbalanced and unreasonable nerfs against different professions?

I mean, for you and the OP the Soulbeast was OK 2 years and suddenly it is not ok but not because of the Soulbeast (it hasn't changed during that time) but because of another profession's changes.

As you can see I am not here to spread nonsense and every post of mine is logical/fact. Your whole argument and the OP arguments are nonsense, parody.

The only change we may see with Soulbeast is overall buff. Yes we can see adjustments of some skills but the overall change should be a buff because, I repeat, the overall performance of the build is bad across all game modes.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

I just keep wonder this thing. Soulbeast has been here with the Sic 'Em mechanic since 2017.

Why do you want nerfs now? Is it because your favorite profession

I've always had a perspective that absolutely no one skill should not be critting for 20k+. Let alone 40k the way we've seen with Sic Em Soulbeast.

Personally I'm not a die hard on Soulbeast nerfs. Spellbreaker, Engineer of all stripes ,and Glint Shiro Herald are far more deserving of nerfs.

But at the end of the day 30k rapid fires should not be a thing. And longbow in general should require more IQ for all builds than 4>2.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Why do you want nerfs now? Is it because your favorite profession

I've always had a perspective that absolutely no one skill should not be critting for 20k+. Let alone 40k the way we've seen with Sic Em Soulbeast.

Personally I'm not a die hard on Soulbeast nerfs. Spellbreaker, Engineer of all stripes ,and Glint Shiro Herald are far more deserving of nerfs.

But at the end of the day 30k rapid fires should not be a thing. And longbow in general should require more IQ for all builds than 4>2.

Yet you didn't express your opinion last year or 2017, you started 2019 ;)Anyway, you said it yourself - there are far more powerful builds than the Soulbeast.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Why do you want nerfs now?

I don't know why I bother with you. Have you noticed you're basically the only one who actually thinks SLB needs buffs of any kind? I don't think anyone agreed with you in that thread you created about buffing Sic 'Em, including SLB mains. It's almost hard to take you seriously, yet you say @mortrialus.3062 and I speak "nonsense, parody."

As to your question, see this response to someone above also trying the "why now?" diversion. Also, people have been saying Sic 'Em, among other things, is too strong for a while, not just recently. I'm sure you can find it if you look.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

I don't know why I bother with you. Have you noticed you're basically the only one who actually thinks SLB needs buffs of any kind? I don't think anyone agreed with you in that thread you created about buffing Sic 'Em, including SLB mains. It's almost hard to take you seriously, yet you say @mortrialus.3062 and I speak "nonsense, parody."

As to your question, see
to someone above also trying the "why now?" diversion. Also, people have been saying Sic 'Em, among other things, is too strong for a while, not just recently. I'm sure you can find it if you look.

You don't have to bother with me at all. You open a public thread where people can express their opinions. I know you can't give answers to my questions because they will put you in a disadvantage, bad position. No, there are little to no complaints about sic 'em in 2017/2018 - I have been here + I have checked recently. The amount if sic 'em complaints have been sky rocketing ever since your mesmer nerfs. By the way you can see the thumbs up on my posts and on the thread I have opened, right? It is crazy (according to you), I know, but some people agree with me and this is a fact - no need to think about it. Don't bother responding to me if you don't like. I already said what is my opinion and, oh look, some people still agree with me. "I'm sure you can find it if you look."

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

As to your question, see
to someone above also trying the "why now?" diversion. Also, people have been saying Sic 'Em, among other things, is too strong for a while, not just recently. I'm sure you can find it if you look.

You don't have to bother with me at all. You open a public thread where people can express their opinions. I know you can't give answers to my questions because they put you in a disadvantage, bad position. No, there are little to no complains about sic 'em in 2017/2018 - I have been here + I have checked recently. The amount if sic 'em complaints have been sky rocketing ever since your mesmer nerfs. By the way you can see the thumbs up on my posts and on the thread I have opened, right? It is crazy (according to you), I know, but some people agree with me and this is a fact - no need to think about it. Don't bother responding to me if you don't like. I already said what is my opinion and, oh look, some people still agree with me. "I'm sure you can find it if you look."

And more people disagree with you too. But feel free to ignore them in favor of a few anonymous likes. :)

Sorry pal, you're in for some disappointment if you think Sic ' Em is getting a buff.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:And more people disagree with you too. But feel free to ignore them in favor of a few anonymous likes. :)

Sorry pal, you're in for some disappointment if you think Sic ' Em is getting a buff.

My body is ready ;)I believe the overall outcome will be a buff to the Soulbeast, not a nerf.

P.S Yes, I know some people don't agree with me, but the difference between you and me is that I am okay with that.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:And more people disagree with you too. But feel free to ignore them in favor of a few anonymous likes. :)

My body is ready ;)I believe the overall outcome will be a buff to the Soulbeast, not a nerf.

P.S Yes, I know some people don't agree with me, but the difference between you and me is that I am okay with that.

You always make things personal lol.

FIFY:

Yes, I know some people almost everyone who posted in my thread and the many more likes those posts got don't agree with me, but the difference between you and me is that I am okay with that pretend otherwise.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:And more people disagree with you too. But feel free to ignore them in favor of a few anonymous likes. :)

You always make things personal lol.

FIFY:

Yes, I know
some people
almost everyone who posted in my thread and the
those posts got don't agree with me, but the difference between you and me is that I
am okay with that
pretend otherwise.

Hey, I understand you - part of your reason for starting a separate SlB thread is to see if some people can collectively generate enough noise to get something done.Well, the noise also brings people that don't agree with you and you have to accept it. Like a lot of them. You, the players, the devs - all can see these comments (just look after your OP), oh and they also have thumbs up of their posts.... Yeah, many people think that the SLB shouldn't be nerfed, sorry. They just don't agree with you and their arguments are very very logical. Devs can see these arguments and can decide better what is best for the SLB - a buff to bring it in a viable position in some game modes, leave it like that (completely underperforming in higher tiers) or nerf it and literally destroy the whole espec. For me, it would be the easiest decision ever but we can all hope for the best, until the end, right? ;)

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:I don't know why I bother with you. Have you noticed you're basically the only one who actually thinks SLB needs buffs of any kind? I don't think anyone agreed with you in that thread you created about buffing Sic 'Em, including SLB mains. It's almost hard to take you seriously, yet you say @"mortrialus.3062" and I speak "nonsense, parody."

As to your question, see this response to someone above also trying the "why now?" diversion. Also, people have been saying Sic 'Em, among other things, is too strong for a while, not just recently. I'm sure you can find it if you look.You re mistaken again, many ranger mains agree soulbeast, ranger and druid needs plain buffs.

Some may agree with fine tunning some skills but that doesn't mean we agree with your statement. And keep in mind most of the commentaries here aren't even from pleople who plays ranger yet some prettend to be mains thou.It's funny ranger is the only class with so many "it's my main" pretenders. That's why i think in our profiles should be perfectly visible the time spent on each gamemode and with each class.

Still i agree with you about your point where the ranger in general being a mess and It would need some buffing all across the class.

soulbeast is hot garbage right now, competing with ele as worst class (although best builds have different roles)sic em ranger outclassed by many rotational specs, boon beast outclassed by about everything right now as sidenoder

apparently sic em ranger shines in lower rank matches, imo they might as well trash the whole build. Pressing 2 buttons with eyes closed for 40% dmg increase with easy burst from far is pretty lame tbh.

btw 2 soulbeasts in NA mat final lost horribly