[Fractal build] Auramancer support - Fun inside !

NecronWraith.4278

First, thank you for taking the time to post on here!

Now, I would go for the weapon choice first. I would pick Sc/Wh or D/Wh, so to make use of Imbued Melodies and Sand Squall which is great for extending boons and it synergies well with Chrono. Also Heat Sync and the soft/hard CC on Warhorn makes it a must-pick weapon for utility over staff.

Regarding the utilities, I would pick Wash the Pain Away and another shout instead of Conjured Shield, but if you want to pick a conjure, I prefer a DPS conjure, but yeah, the extra Magnetic Aura would be lost, however, Sand Squal, Imbued Melodies and Rebound + potential Earth Overload should be more than enough, like 16s of Magnetic Aura, and it would be 20s with Aftershock, so it's a lot. That would only leave us to the Fire Aura on conjure pick, but I don't see a significance for that, especially every 40-ish-60s. I go for Flash Freeze or Lightning Hammer over the shield, maybe Glyph of Storms for mobs.

Finally, the trait lines. I see Fire a good DPS pick, Might and Fury generation too, and the cleansing on Aura if needed, but that would come at the cost of Protection as Earth line won't be picked or Air line for Air Overload abuse and Static Charge squad damage buff, however, a Chrono and a Tempest should be enough for boons and the 500 extra DPS is not that big of a deal. Water line is fine. Tempest line would be 3-2-1 so you have a higher boon duration and Vigor generation, also, you would be capped on boon duration so you can drop some pieces for more healing/damage or HP.

Hi Auburner ;) thank you for the reply. My thoughts :

@"Auburner.6945" said:First, thank you for taking the time to post on here!

Now, I would go for the weapon choice first. I would pick Sc/Wh or D/Wh, so to make use of Imbued Melodies and Sand Squall which is great for extending boons and it synergies well with Chrono. Also Heat Sync and the soft/hard CC on Warhorn makes it a must-pick weapon for utility over staff.>

I agree with you sc/wh or d/wh have a lot more hard CC.I love sand squall too but I really prefer the trait heal on aura. With this amount of aura, it heals a lot and it's group passive healing while you're doing your rotation for buffs...So the sand squall skill without the grand Master trait :staff [3] detonate offers far more group protection, and with all boon already capped with Chrono I'm not sure sand squall could really shine.

Regarding the utilities, I would pick Wash the Pain Away and another shout instead of Conjured Shield, but if you want to pick a conjure, I prefer a DPS conjure, but yeah, the extra Magnetic Aura would be lost, however, Sand Squal, Imbued Melodies and Rebound + potential Earth Overload should be more than enough, like 16s of Magnetic Aura, and it would be 20s with Aftershock, so it's a lot. That would only leave us to the Fire Aura on conjure pick, but I don't see a significance for that, especially every 40-ish-60s. I go for Flash Freeze or Lightning Hammer over the shield, maybe Glyph of Storms for mobs.>Wash the pain away was indeed in the build ^^ there was a mistake in the gw2skills link ;)Conjure magnetic shield gives also good CC but I agree, I use also a lot flash freeze shout.

Finally, the trait lines. I see Fire a good DPS pick, Might and Fury generation too, and the cleansing on Aura if needed, but that would come at the cost of Protection as Earth line won't be picked or Air line for Air Overload abuse and Static Charge squad damage buff, however, a Chrono and a Tempest should be enough for boons and the 500 extra DPS is not that big of a deal. Water line is fine. Tempest line would be 3-2-1 so you have a higher boon duration and Vigor generation, also, you would be capped on boon duration so you can drop some pieces for more healing/damage or HP."

Fire offers perma fury, insane cleanse, and also 2 fire aura which allow more heal/cleanse.If I switch fire, I need to give fury. Air gives easily fury but that's all, dps increase is so small :(I would love put earth line instead of fire, or even arcane, but how give fury ? It needs maybe dagger/warhorn with fury generated on air then shared on fire but I'm not sure it will help a lot.

@NecronWraith.4278 said:Hi Auburner ;) thank you for the reply. My thoughts :smile:

I agree with you sc/wh or d/wh have a lot more hard CC.I love sand squall too but I really prefer the trait heal on aura. With this amount of aura, it heals a lot and it's group passive healing while you're doing your rotation for buffs...So the sand squall skill without the grand Master trait :staff [3] detonate offers far more group protection, and with all boon already capped with Chrono I'm not sure sand squall could really shine.

It's just that Warhorn provides more on everything except Aura uptime, I believe it would be personal, like if you want to hard carry then going for the heal on aura trait in Tempest line would be better, else I see Warhorn more viable.

Fire offers perma fury, insane cleanse, and also 2 fire aura which allow more heal/cleanse.If I switch fire, I need to give fury. Air gives easily fury but that's all, dps increase is so small :(I would love put earth line instead of fire, or even arcane, but how give fury ? It needs maybe dagger/warhorn with fury generated on air then shared on fire but I'm not sure it will help a lot.

If you picked Warhorn, then you only need an external source of Fury before you perma Fury the entire party, so you can easily pick Earth line over Fire for a higher Prot. uptime and potential temporary Stab. However, Earth + Water are only picked when under high pressure, so I see more use to Fire/Air or even Arcane over Earth, but it also still depends on the party.

There are multiple sources of Fury, one will be constant only if the Chrono is running Rune of the Pack.

The other sources would be:

• Soulbeast using Warhorn #5/Moa Stance with x-x-2 on SlB line before swapping either/both out, both could be done before the fight.
  • Hybrid Firebrand with Axe main-hand
  • Elementalist Fire fields blasting (only Elementalists can provide Fury from blasting because of Persisting Flames in Fire line)

Hi Auburner ;)Soulbeast fury is interesting...However I tested again dagger/warhorn but I don't see the point contrary to staff, the rotation seems less natural and far less heal/support. And I feel I cover already all the boons with staff so it's ok. I'm just lacking of CC a bit. Matter of preferences I think ;)Someone asked me, so I added a quick video to the reddit post for the basic rotation with staff I'm using. Here's the link too :

Have a nice day !

@"NecronWraith.4278" said:Hi Auburner ;)Soulbeast fury is interesting...However I tested again dagger/warhorn but I don't see the point contrary to staff, the rotation seems less natural and far less heal/support. And I feel I cover already all the boons with staff so it's ok. I'm just lacking of CC a bit. Matter of preferences I think ;)Someone asked me, so I added a quick video to the reddit post for the basic rotation with staff I'm using. Here's the link too :

Have a nice day !

I haven't seen a boon staff rotation before, but it's really interesting, though keep in mind that Might stacking from Fire fields is not always available because you might blast other player's fields.

For D/Wh rotations and for trait lines ideas, here's a video for it by Le Roul:

Thank you for your video it's great ;) the 3rd variant is the most interesting for me I think eventhough it needs another source of fury. I will check that for sure ;)

About fire field you are right, but in fact with only overload fire + fire shout + fire auras/Chrono, the 25 stacks should be kept easily without combo. It's just faster stacking/safer ;)

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:I didn't really try support since a while, but I think d/wh gives more "blast" combo in the water #4 or #5 and more auras than staff, but you lose the heal on the water AA.Hi Zhaid Zhem,In fact it's not that important to blast fire or water field, especially because might could be maintain at 25 without blast finisher, and because the healing blast are just a very little ahead than elemental bastion (healing aura) in terms of healing but the range is far less and it's more unreliable...So I don't recommend to blast water field but instead create Frost aura thanks to freeze field in staff.

Moreover, what you've said is... inaccurate sry ;)In staff you have access to :Earth 2 blast at 1200 range and 6s cooldown = 2 blast per rotationWater 2 blast at 1200 range 4,75s cooldown = 2 blast per rotationWater 4 at 1200 range is a freeze field (very rare) = at least 2 Frost aura per rotationEarth 3 = magnetic aura

In d/wh you have :Water 3 blast on your position 9,5s cooldown = 1 blastEarth 4 blast on your position 30s !! Cooldown = 1 blastThe aura on skill is on storm attunement which is bad for support and there's no field to combo and create auras...

Well... staff for the win !! :)